Touhou characters name

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
Myu-chan

Touhou characters name

Post by Myu-chan »

Well.How you guys can see, the characters of Touhou can have two names,like:

-> Hong Meirin/Hong Meiling
-> Flandle Scarlet/Flandre Scarlet
-> Yuyuko Saigyouzi/Yuyuko Saigyouji

So I want put just one name for they.I'll put the first name what have in the Touhou Characters List

Can I do it?
NyuChu77

Re: Touhou characters name

Post by NyuChu77 »

Utsuho Reiuzi/Utsuho Reiuji

All I know...
Pray to the stars~
Votum Stellarum

Zeether: It's a good day, right Fuwari?

NyuChu77 Joined in #E-shuushuu

NyuChu77 eats Zeether.

Zeether: @_@

Fuwari: Not for you it isn't.
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

I don't know about other people, but I use Flandre Scarlet and Hong Meiling. I haven't had to tag the other ones yet, and because I use these it means a mjority of the Touhou images use them, because that's where I get the names.
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

If a majority of the pics use them, then keep it.
Other problem about the Touhou characters names is the "order", I mean, have many pics with Youmu Konpaku for example, and many other with Konpaku Youmu.I think this can a problem to search.
Using *Youmu* will appear all the pics where Youmu appears, not only the pics that she's alone.
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

There are many more pictures of her, at least when she's alone, that go Youmu Kanpaku. I've reversed the Konpaku Youmes. I guess it's just a matter of quantity, though it'll be the same for just about every series. As well as images tagged with just first names; they can cause just as much searching trouble.
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

Myu-chan wrote:Other problem about the Touhou characters names is the "order", I mean, have many pics with Youmu Konpaku for example, and many other with Konpaku Youmu.I think this can a problem to search.
Nope, the way the search works, searching *konata*izumi* will bring up images that have Izumi Konata and Konata Izumi in the field.

Anyway, since there are no real official romanizations, I guess its best to simply go with what the majority calls them, or put it like "Flandre Scarlet/Flandle Scarlet"

Ugh, Flandle sounds awful.
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Quenlin wrote:Nope, the way the search works, searching *konata*izumi* will bring up images that have Izumi Konata and Konata Izumi in the field.
Actually, searching for *izumi*konata* is different than searching for *konata*izumi*. At least, the current search does. I've been thinking of modifying some of the search functions in the future.
e-shuushuu!