Virus? @_@

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
yurie~hime`

Virus? @_@

Post by yurie~hime` »

I was browsing shuushuu a few minutes ago and suddenly, my virus scanner popped:

i'm really worried and confused :(
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Hmmm, no idea... but I'm pretty sure e-shuushuu isn't sending out any iroffer viruses.... not that iroffer is even a virus. I would probably say that it was a mistake of the anti-virus scanner.
e-shuushuu!
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell »

I think you're computer is infected Yurie-chan... do you have any other anti virus software other than that?
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

NOD32 is one of the best virusscanners around though...
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

I hate to say it, but I got the same thing around the same time last night..
I use NOD32 as well..

Seems to be gone now...
December

Post by December »

Apparently I had the same virus as well. -_-
(... and I thought my account was bugged) lol

My NOD32 seem pick it up everytime I'm logged in and when I'm not, it didn't. It happened on both Firefox and IE and from time to time, I had to clear my cache because I tracked it down to a file in my Temp folder.

When the message was gone, I thought it infected my comp so I've been scanning my comp the whole night, just in case. I rather be safe than sorry. lol
Check out my reviews on MyAnimeList Updated: 17/8/07
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

I almost 100% certain NOD32 is giving a false positive on this. First, it's just scanning HTML, cookies, javascript, and cached images from shuushuu. None of those could really include a virus unless there is a major problem with a browser. Javascript could be used for some iffy stuff but still the browser should prevent that. I'm guessing the scanner is finding some string that is similar or the same as the iroffer trojan "signature".
e-shuushuu!
Merun

Post by Merun »

NOD32 is very good at finding unknown threat, according to the benchmark ( I don't know how they did it xD )

I don't have my NOD32 here ( I'm switching between 3 computers everyday )
Merun @ Twitter
yurie~hime`

Post by yurie~hime` »

Hmm.. It looks ok now. I quickly made this thread because i was scared and nervous (how i hate viruses.. bad experiences >.<).
Thanks for the replies, minna-san.. Anony-san..
cosmictails

Re: Virus? @_@

Post by cosmictails »

For a very long time, I use to have viruses on my computer and couldn't find any other way to eradicate them. McAfee has causing problems of not detecting any viruses, but my sister found another best solution of finding any on your computer. It is called avast! This program is the great program to use to see any unknown viruses that had infected on your computer. download.com or this site: http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download may have that what you're looking for (if anybody know the program already).

Also if somebody known the program called Spyboy - Search & Destroy, this is also be useful, too. It only scans unknown malware on your computer. But it can be annoying from time to time when your computer wants to allow change or deny change whenever it detects what file you have on your computer.

You might have to be an expert to use these two programs so you don't delete the wrong program in your system file that may cause problems on your computer unless you quarantine it to keep it safe on avast! The instructions will help you on these two programs.

I hope they'll help of your needs.

Enjoy.

RBII aka cosmictails ^_^
ButterflyIllusioned

Post by ButterflyIllusioned »

Sorry for the Necroposting, but just encase this happens again, i'll explain.

That is a backdoor program that can be used to connect to an IRC channel and join a room. Since Shuu HAS an IRC, this is probably where it came from. Although it is listed as a Trojan on some programs, it really isn't. It's not infectious and it doesn't do anything if you happen to stumble on it.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Considering the date though, there wasn't a e-shuushuu IRC channel back then, so there is no relation :o
Merun @ Twitter