How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
canis

Post by canis »

Got up at 3 am this morning (it's 3:20 am now) and will leave to pick my bf up from the airport soon. 8)
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

canis wrote:Got up at 3 am this morning (it's 3:20 am now) and will leave to pick my bf up from the airport soon. 8)
wow 3 in the morn O_o where did he depart from?
canis

Post by canis »

bob-omb wrote:
canis wrote:Got up at 3 am this morning (it's 3:20 am now) and will leave to pick my bf up from the airport soon. 8)
wow 3 in the morn O_o where did he depart from?
His current flight departed from Charlotte, South Carolina but he lives in a little town close to Los Angeles, California so he first flew across the whole US and then changed planes in Charlotte.
And since I live in Germany he will land in Frankfurt which is 2-3 hours away with the car from where I live.
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

is it always cold in Germany? cause thats the impression i get from movies and stuff so im curious
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

canis wrote:will leave to pick my bf up from the airport soon
Good luck and have fun! :)
Is this the first time you two will meet in real life or did you guys get together while one of you was an exchange student/on holiday or so?
Itsumo

Post by Itsumo »

Staying home from school with a friend of mine today. My grandma's very sick and so I'm allowed to stay with her today.
Um...I kinda scared of when my dad get's home. Dx
boele

Post by boele »

bob-omb wrote:is it always cold in Germany? cause thats the impression i get from movies and stuff so im curious
well i only live in holland but that's next to it and what i know it's rather the same as every counrty on the world line in winter it is cold -_- and in the summer it's hot ^o^;..... same as germany as far as i know
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

I'm really upset today. I spend so much time around people that are like me, that share the same interests and think like me, that I forgot how it is to live with people that differ from you. If it were only that, it'd be okay. But if there's something I really can't stand is the lack of respect.

Yesterday I had a small fight with my father. He's just too stubborn, and he won't have things any other way than his own. It annoys the living hell out of me. And I hate fighting with him. I just try, really hard, not to, but I can't help it. I like when people listen to me, and don't ignore my thoughts as if they were low.

At college, it was a bit worse. It didn't exactly happen to me, but it still bothers me, a lot. Especially because it involves a person that I have certain affinity. But this person just can't respect others, and imposes her opinion as if everybody wanted to listen to it and should be obligated to acknowledge it. But there's a huge difference between sincerity and just spite. You don't need to like everybody. Hey, there are a few people that I don't like too. But I don't talk behind their backs, or worse, talk bad about their abilities for the whole class to hear. And the person she was dissing? The girl never provoked her in any way.

It just... really, really upsets me. I spent two years of high school wishing that it would just end. I could count in one hand the people that I could get along with. But this is college. Please, just, grow up and grow some respect...

Well, I had to get that off my chest ^^;
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

yea seems the lack of respect in my school is very apparent but its really some hidden respect for each other. I dont know how to explain it but it seems like we disrespect each other but in a way we are respecting each other. Its complicated to say =.=
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Hope your grandmother gets better Itsumo-genki!

Sounds like it wasn't very pleasant, sorry to hear that AngelLily.
One thing that doe shelp with obnoxious people like that is... not caring. If they try to diss/diminish you or what you like, just make sure to let them know what you stand for and that you don't care about what they think. (Often such people get their kicks out of, or have the need to diss others to feel superior -out of fear since they themselves feel inferior- and when you clearly show them what the limits are and that you don't care about their idiotic speeches or who they are, they might stop since they can't achieve their goals -of placing themselves higher.)

Ah... alas some people throughout their entire lives have such a need to belittle others and try and ridicule those who they don't see as fitting in their own -narrow- view of what the world is and of what is 'cool' or not.

Went out and bought a new chair, a belated birthday present from myself to... myself. One of those comfortable, reclining types to watch tv and such (not exactly as big as a couch or lazy-boy).
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

Smithy is it one of the reclining ones that can go full 180? or is it just like those nice fluffy packed chairs that go into a 45 degree angle(something like that)

yea and i got to go to school soon :/ 4 days till my finals due ;-; i dotn know what to do for my tessellation yet in math :(
Rosa Gigantea

Post by Rosa Gigantea »

Are you ready for this? This is what has been going on in my life.

Well, let's start at the beginning. My father abandoned me when I was in the 6th grade, leading to severe self-esteem issues. My mother's father also abandoned her at about 3 years of age, and my grandmother's husband, my "grandfather" is a perverted old man. So I can say that I feel like all men have done and ever will do is dissapoint me. It's been that way all my life so far.

Anyway, my parents divorced when I was about two, and she met a new man called Chris. Chris was the closest thing I had to a father, even when my father was still there. I remember sobbing into his shirt, and him telling me "you can cry on my shoulder anytime."

Chris was an alcoholic. He hated himself more than anything. When he was drunk he would get stupid. And sometimes, he would be drunk so often it was just daily life. He often got sick from the alchohol and threw up randomly. The only person I could confide in was my best friend since 6th grade, Charla. I really needed her badly. She was my reason for living.

Chris' drinking only got worse. He went to rehab for about six months, and after that, he would have violent and angry mood swings, and I was often the target of them, because he couldn't drown his problems in alchohol. He collapsed and finally had another drink about a year later. But the angry mood swings continued about every week.

I got used to him yelling at my mom about me, making her cry, and then leaving to go get drunk. I remember trying to protect my mom once, and he called me a "worthless peice of ****". Keep in mind that Chris had never hit me, and told me he loved me often. What the hell kind of love is that?

Years later, I dropped out of school to get my GED. I was so stressed out and the added stress of school was really hard on me. My best friend Charla was angry with me. I figured that would be the last time we ever saw eachother, so I wrote her a letter. I told her that I loved her, more than a friend. She was the only good thing in my life for so many years. I told her I thought she would be disgusted with me. She was... I guess it was just that my love is disgusting. I lost my best friend for eight years because I told her I loved her.

About three months ago, I was sitting in my room on the computer. His eyes were already red, and he was drunk. At nine-o-clock in the freaking morning! He asked me if I had called the office of the place I was planning to work. He yelled at me to do it, and I burst into tears and screamed "STOP YELLING AT ME!" I think I had reached my limit. I was tired of him always belittling me and making me feel bad. He said I was pitiful. He left the room and I called my Mom at work to tell him he was already drunk.
He came by my door and I asked him what he was doing. He said, "I'm listening to what you say to them so you don't **** up!" I told him I didn't call the office, I called my mom because he was scaring me. My mom said she was coming home. When he found out he laughed at me... It was so bad.. he just laughed and said I was pitiful. I just looked at him and told him to get the **** out of my room. He raised his fist back like he was going to hit me. That's the last image in my head of the man that was like my father.

I grabbed my knife and curled into a ball on the ground, sobbing. I could hear him in the other room telling me to "Give it up already." So, I covered my ears. I lied there, sobbing, until my mom showed up and we left for good. You know what the last thing he said to me was? "Nice knowing you."

So yeah, that's how im doing.
Image Image
Terra_Valentine

Post by Terra_Valentine »

Today I am at work and doing my best to keep to myself. I work in a place that is 95% Korean and they all seem to forget the fact I don't speak that language. >_< frustration!

It is a good day though, because this day marks that my bf and I have made it through the first month of the relationship, so I am very happy. When I get off work we're going to hang out and watch X-Files to celebrate. I am excited.
Family:
Foster Father: MBF
Oldest Sibling: Merun (Lost)
Older Sister: Canis
Younger Sister: Angel Lily (Lost)
Currently: Emotionally lost, and determined
Biba

Post by Biba »

I had no idea you had such a hard life, Valea. I'm not really good at "comforting" people or anything, but your story made me sad. I really hope that your life will go better from now on, and if you need friends, I'm always willing to listen to your problems and I'm sure there's many people here on Shuushuu who feel the same way.
Rosa Gigantea

Post by Rosa Gigantea »

I know things will get better. As long as I have friends to tell my story to I will be OK.
Image Image