Yogurting - General Help

Console, PC, MMO games
Smithy

Yogurting - General Help

Post by Smithy »

Have any questions regarding Yogurting that aren't in any of the other threads or tutorial/help topics? Ask away here and we'll see if we can help. :)
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Nemesis had a very odd process loop while trying to install Yogurting. Any ideas what the problem may be?

Did you install the version from the Yogurting site?
This one: ftp://download.gungho.jp/YG/yg_setup_20060301.exe

I got it to work on two PC's now so it should work for nemesis too. I do have a significant performance difference in-game between both PC's where I installed it.
On Kozue-chan, my Intel Pentium IV 2,6Ghz, 1GB Ram with an Ati Radeon 9600 256MB it runs very smoothly, no framerate issues. On Akari-chan, my AMD Sempron 2800+ 1.6Ghz, 1GB Ram with an Ati Radeon 9250 I have a noticeable framerate drop and lag when I move around or even when I try to type in the in-game chat window (quite annoying).

So for Akari-chan I wonder if it is the CPU that's a bit slow at 1.6Ghz or if the Ati Radeon 9250 (the lowest video card currently) just can't cut it...
I don't feel like spending 150 or more $ for a higher video card either, the 9250 was very cheap but is still quite complete with DVI and S-video out so I can connect it into my tv.. and with a passive heatsink it's quiet.

I have noticed though from CPU temperatures that Yogurting seems to stress out and use the CPU quite a bit, because it'll drive my Kozue-chan's Pentium IV all the way up to 35-36° Celcius. So it may be a CPU issue that Akari-chan can't keep up...

My goal was to play it on Akari-chan since Kozue-chan has all my data Hard Drives in it so if I play/use any files from Kozue-chan on Akari-chan, it may affect my network/Internet speed because it'll pass though the router.

Anyway... any thoughts on all of that?

Edit: The thought 'Smithy rambles too much' may be normal but one mustn't feel the need to voice it. :P
Watanuki

Post by Watanuki »

what's the default language setting for your non-unicode programs? (regional and language settings -> advanced tab)

I know korean Ragnarok Online will not function correctly if installed under japanese unicode, so i'm wondering if something similar is happening with your installation.
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

nemesis the anime hunter wrote:here you go this is what happens when i try to install it... :( :evil:

and there are about 4 pages of that!

0_0!!! That's dangerous. >_<
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

i redownloaded it but it did the same thing! :x :evil: :x :evil:
amfest

Post by amfest »

nemesis the anime hunter wrote:i redownloaded it but it did the same thing! :x :evil: :x :evil:
heh . .I figured it'd be the same issue if it happened before. My question would be . .are you up to date on windows? I also know it sounds silly since other xp users can do it . .but how about trying to run the installer in compatibilty mode or something? . .like 2k compatiblity. Another possiblity though I highly doubt it . .is are you logged in on a user with admin rights? Sometimes installers can have issues if not installed ona user with admin rights.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

You might also want to disable your virusscanner/-shield during the installation. Some active virusscanners/-shields can interfere with program installations, if not, at the very least they do slow it all down because they're constantly scanning/monitoring the files being used.

Are you using Windows XP Pro or XP Home and... is it a legal version? (Lately with Microsoft's Genuine Adavantage Tool and the likes, illegal versions tend to develop more issues... heck, it's why I ended up buying licences.)
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

il try what you guys said but if that dosent work then im just gonna reinstall windows and hope that will fix it 8-[ 8-[

but if that dosent then you should all come to my place cos your gonna see a pc fly :wink:
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Today I was doing the newest year 2 episode available to me and at the end after I cleared the episode, when I clicked the large orange 'Ok' it gave me the following error message:

I couldn't get out of this screen and even had to close down Yogurting through Windows.
Same thing happened when I logged back in, played it again and even finished with a higher score, I stay stuck on that screen.

Anyone any ideas?
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

smithy, it says "you are carrying too many items. Please throw away some of your items."
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Thanks onomeister! You're a lifesaver!

Now I know I'd better sell off some of my normal items or put them in storage. (And I don't even have that much stuff...)
Thanks again. :)
amfest

Post by amfest »

d'oh I could of told you that one and I can't even read it . .LOL. Yea having to go through the trash can and drop out things you dont' need or what not is a bummer . .and alot of times you fall out of hte classroom while doing this. >_< . . . I wonder if there is a way to trash all newly aquired items to quickly get out of that screen without having to drag them 1 by 1 and then confirm >_<
Rocky Minoma

Post by Rocky Minoma »

Hi, my name is Rocky and I was wondering something.

You see, by mistake, I deleted my account and I can't seem to find any way of getting it back. I didn't know that maintenance was today and I was fiddling around at the site. But now, I can't sign in using my nickname either or recreate a new character. What do I do?
amfest

Post by amfest »

Rocky Minoma wrote:Hi, my name is Rocky and I was wondering something.

You see, by mistake, I deleted my account and I can't seem to find any way of getting it back. I didn't know that maintenance was today and I was fiddling around at the site. But now, I can't sign in using my nickname either or recreate a new character. What do I do?
so let me get this straight . .you were fiddling with your account on gungho? . . . and you were pushing things youd didn't understand ???!! err . . -_-;;; >_< ;_; <_< >_> !!!

Anyhow . .if you deleted your yogurting attraction ID at the gungho site then you just have to log into your gungho ID again and then click on the yogurting picture again to create another attraction ID for yogurting . .
once youv'e gone through that whole Ordeal again . .you can use the new ID and password to log into yogurting . .or so it should be that way. If you deleeted your account I doubt you can get it back . .but I guess you could try emailing their japanese support :P
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

amfest wrote:Yea having to go through the trash can and drop out things you dont' need or what not is a bummer
What there's like a trash can in there? I never paid any attention to that...

I guess I'll just move all those doggie bones I collected to my locker. :P