How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
amfest

Post by amfest »

Well today hasn't been that great a day . . we're flooding down here . . I was watching the water overlfow from the draingae ditch in front and run across our front patio area up to the calves .. . Our neighbors have it worse. You see we live towards the bottom of a small neighborhood hill . . it slopes down . . then there is an upraised highway on top. So it cups the runoff and such where it eventually runs through an opening under the highway . which happens to be on the side of our next door neighbors. Only thing is the water was wayy too much for the ditch and poured over all into their yard .. up to the knees in some places . . and was running up to their door. You see everyones house over here is built up off the ground but the neighbors who moved in many many years ago had built a down on the ground brickhouse they moved out someone else moved in . then they moved out and our current neighbors live there. anyhow . . the husband was out and the wife was out there with hoe trying to dig tenches and push the water away. The youngest of her girls got into the minivan and her oldest was helping her. Evntaully I went out there to help which actually isn't a good thing cause I'm sick. In fact I misssed already almost a week of work .. and tonight is my last night off. So I was up to my knees with a shovel in a raincoat digging around her house and getting the flow to go. Her husband was finally able to get home and we were at it for a while .. no sandbags so we got cinder blocks to try and divert the flow some. my arms are sorta in pain from trying to scoop out mud and grass and then trying to get the water going. Sadly I don't know where my boots are at so I was in tennis shoes >_> got in and got a good shower. Damn Sirens are still going off. At least the rains letting down some now.

Anyhow during this the power went out in the house . .I have power strips with protection against backlashes and such but well .. it seems I forgot about my router which is plugged straight into a plug. Well . . I was wondering why this pc wsn't connecting to the net turns out my ethernet plugin on the motherboard isn't working anymore >_< . .I still had an ethernet card in this case from the olden days before I got a router and just had a switch. So I got it back on.

On my gaming pc front which has been down for a while .. I installed 2k on another drive to see if I can salvage things on the other drive . .but in the windowsenviroment it says this drive isn't formatted >_>. Uguguuuguuu . .Although when I have it as the master drive . . it starts to load windows and chockes at loading personal settings. so apparently it's something to do with the filesystem or something. Need to find a good drive recovery program . . I tried using drive mechanic or whatever .. and then it gave me crap about needing IE6 to even install -_-;;; And then it seems I need to find the disc for that mobo cause a bunch of drivers like . .*cough* the ethernet card didn't install with 2k install <_<.

While working on my next flash . . power went out a few times before I got to save >_> till eventually I just started doing something and then saving .donig something and then saving .. most of my time was spent saving
>_<

Not to mention my grandparents who I live with . . the other day my grandfather had a stroke and is in the hospital and yesterday my grandmother had surgery to get skin cancer removed from her head so is in alot of pain and is depressed cause she can't be with my grandfather at the hosptial. He can't even speak right now . . .

Also considering all the illness I've had and such .. I'm not sure how much longer i'll be keeping my job. I'm sure I'm goign to be written up or something for missing these past days. :/

And . . . I can't find the damn remoote to my projector :( :( :( :(

*does the dance of a thousand rioting cheese goblins that desire the sacred panties of the divine loli.
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

I'll be quickly: My megane broke Image
Merun

Post by Merun »

It's not your lucky day for both of you. Last time my megane broke, I stepped on it ^^".

And congratulation Lily-chan :)
Merun @ Twitter
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Thank you guys ^-^
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

wow Amfest...back in my old home i ha the same thing but the water never reached the porch. Also i hope your grandfather comes out fine and you will be ok with your job.
sakurachi2004

Post by sakurachi2004 »

amfest your rain story sounds like what we have had over here in england for the past month. and i thought July in the Summer months was meant to be summer. Hope your grandperants do alright.
always have fun and never ever feel down beause shuushuu is always there.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Congratulations on passing the test AngelLily! :)

Aoch, that sounds like a really bad day and a lot of tough things happening all at once amfest! But maybe you can see it in a way that it'll most likely only get better since so many tough things happened all at once.
To recover data from a disc you can try GetDataBack maybe?

Friday wasn't a fun day at my new job... basically all the responsible and regular people went on holiday leaving another consultant who's been there 3 months and myself who's been there 1 week. Of course during the night the power went out in the building, longer than the UPS' could cope so in the morning we had to bring everything back up... when we don't even have a list of all the servers or what they do. Eeek!
Took us hours more to find out the main line router had fried and needed to be replaced.
Phonecalls from -understanably- frustrated users all throughout the day.
I'll have to see how that evolves, they better get decently organized and get everything on paper else I don't think they'll have to count on me anymore!
yurie~hime`

Post by yurie~hime` »

omedetto~!!!!! Lily-chan. ^_^

Well, school yesterday was a bit tiresome. But it was fun, as well. We watched a movie (titled Eight Below) and were asked to list significant phrases/lines/words the way we heard it to practice our listening skills XD.

I'm slightly tired (from playing too much dota? XD since im still not good at it. uguu~..) So i guess i'll be watching a few japanese movies.
Anyone who watched:
Azumi
Battle Royale
Waters
Laundry
Memories of Matsuko
?
Ja ne~
Loki

Post by Loki »

yurie~hime` wrote:Anyone who watched:
Azumi
Be sure to watch Azumi II as well! Fight scenes were well choreograph in both.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Today will be a busy day too I guess... Time to make some paw ( aka anime's meat bun xD )

edit:

Merun @ Twitter
kawaii-star

Post by kawaii-star »

My dad just bought me a 20" LCD monitor for the computer.
It is awesome!^^.
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

i was at a festival today... there was barely any people and it was only one block long. Yet... it was nice because i had some really good soup >.> other than that my parents keep trying to make me a religious person no matter how much they know i dont want to be...
canis

Post by canis »

Came back from Rome today. x_x

It was soooo hot. I had wished for warm nice weather for the trip, I guess I wished too much. XD

My bfs relatives were just lovely. They are this clichee italians who cherish family over everything. Even my bf only saw a few of them like 2 times in his life, and I'm "just" the gf that never met any of them before but I was treated like a family member, just lovely. T_T *tears of joy*

The family members were excellent rome guides and one of them a wonderful cook.
The only downside was, that they were maybe even abit too much watching out for us, meaning my bf and I had hardly ANY alone time together. *sigh*

Also, the heat was just too much for me. I love hot weather and I'm sure if I would live in a hot country I would get used to it soon but fact is that I came from cold Germany and was suddenly confronted with 40+°Celsius and endless walks through rome in the scorching sun.

Since we had to stay over night at the airport in germany we were very tired when we arrived in rome, I kept falling asleep in the car when the family picked us up. At one point they asked us: "Do you want to see rome right away or rest?" I answered that I want to rest because we didn't sleep last night; then they dragged us on a 2 hours trip through rome. I don't know why. x_x

But after some nice rest later, I could enjoy good food and got to know the family better. Only 2 of them spoke english though and also not perfect.

It was funny, I had made a list with things I want to see in rome and had planned the 5 days for it, on the morning of the 2nd day we had already visited all the things of my list. XD I guess if we would have had to search for everything it would have taken that long but our nice guides showed us around pretty quick.

Just on the second last day I got somewhat annoyed. The relatives kept planning things for us and just told us when it was already decided like "Oh, no one told you? We wanted to go to restaurant x tonight for dinner."
Because of their lacking english skills it was very hard explaining them why we also want to do things alone and independant without insulting their hospitality.
This day was also the hottest of all and I really didn't want to be dragged around rome again for hours but it was again already all planned and set up. I almost died. X_X The relatives kinda handed us around, so some showed us around in the morning, others on noon and others in the evening. They seemed to not realize that for them it is always just a 3 hours "shift" babysitting us but for us a 9 hours day of walking in the heat. T________T I got a bad sunburn and felt often like fainting. Especially when we visited this really big and ALL WHITE palace. x_x Can you imagine how just looking at this building burns the eyes out of your head in the bright noon sun?

At least for the last day we could finally explore rome abit on our own, which was very fun. I love that they have alot of wells were you can actually drink from. (I just hope that people from rome never visit my town and think the water in the public wells in drinkable...)

Overall, I'm glad to be back now, but I also feel bad for not being able to see this kind people for a long time. (might take years until we can visit them again, since my bf also lives in the USA)
Very sweet people. ^__^

Back in germany we were greeted by some rain, welcome home. XD

I took a look over the last 5 pages in this topics and I'm abit confused. Lily is becoming a teacher? :O
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

Rome has tons of humidity right? it wasnt dead dry heat, right?
Death-Summoner

Hajimete no Otetsudai CG

Post by Death-Summoner »

I haven't slept the whole night so I look like a zombie today...I feel like I'm going to fall asleep over my laptop! I tried to sleep a bit after lunch but my house is way to noisy for someone to sleep during the day! I can never get a decent night sleep during weekends T_T