How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
Merun

Post by Merun »

I'm attending university in France, in a small city called Troyes ( nice one by the way )

I remember some trick I read for dying HDD. Either you hit it on a table, with a specific angle, or you put it into a hermetic bag, then in the fridge xD... That's quite brutal xD, but people says it works just fine for a backup.
Merun @ Twitter
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Merun wrote:I'm attending university in France, in a small city called Troyes ( nice one by the way )

I remember some trick I read for dying HDD. Either you hit it on a table, with a specific angle, or you put it into a hermetic bag, then in the fridge xD... That's quite brutal xD, but people says it works just fine for a backup.
LOL

I'm telling my brother that... XD
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Your own business? Sounds adventurous Terra, good luck with that!

Get well soon and take good care yurie~hime`!

Merun, cool. Haven't visited Troyes yet. :)
I wouldn't bet money on that HDD trick though.
canis

Post by canis »

My whole day today was eaten up by others. x_x

I even got out of school veeery early today and thought "How nice, a whole long day of freetime and also enough time to finish my english project. ^^"

I just wanted to quick go to an authority to hand in a form... and had to wait like an hour to do so... >_>

When I stepped out of the authority I met an acquaintance who was just on the way to the authority. I got to know her when she was pregnant and now she had her (sooo cute ^^) baby with her. Since she has alot of problems though with her family (who is kinda mobbing her and the baby out of the house... bad story =/ ) she wanted to talk abit and asked me to wait "quick" until she is done in that authority... took like another hour until she got out. T_T
Then we just strolled through town and talked about her situation and even though I also liked to talk to her again and meet her little daughter, when I came home I came home at the time I would have if I didn't have school off earlier, so my "additional" freetime was kinda undone.

Oh well, I was fine with that. Still had enough time for my english project. (and actually when I came home I first tried to find information about social institutions that could help my acquaintance in her situation, that also took away another hour)
So when I started to work on the project... a friend called. Since she will be gone for the next 6 weeks, I couldn't really shake her off (she is also going through a very rough time atm and being kinda instable, another reason to not just shake someone off).
It's not that we even talked too much about her problems though... she kept talking about mine! >_< Since she is a very sharp observer and also met my now ex-bf while he was here, she kept telling me what she thinks of him, what could be wrong with him and such. It's not that my ex-bf is a taboo topic but I really tried several times to drop it but she kept getting back on it and I wasn't too fond loosing even more time that I could have worked on my english project. But I'm also too moved by her caring so much about this topic. I mean she is not this hypocrite type of person that just sticks her nose into everything. She really just thought alot about everything I told her about my ex-bf and tries to help.

>_< And now it's already 9 pm and I still have alot to prepare for tomorrow... beside the english project I also have regular homework... I also didn't get much of my "additional freetime".

Oh well... I know ironic how I complain that I don't have time to finish my homework and stuff but have time to post here... but visiting e-shuushuu counts as freetime and even if it's just for 10 minutes I at least wanted to do that. ^^
Terra_Valentine

Post by Terra_Valentine »

It's good to help others Canis, it means you are a good person who is willing to listen. I know what you mean about the lack of free time though. The key is balance. It's just a pain trying to find it.

Today was busy at work, but it was ok because Jason is working on figure out a business model so that eventually we can start looking into a place and a loan for our gaming store. (yays!!!)

But that was really my day...I hope everyone else has a good day too
Family:
Foster Father: MBF
Oldest Sibling: Merun (Lost)
Older Sister: Canis
Younger Sister: Angel Lily (Lost)
Currently: Emotionally lost, and determined
canis

Post by canis »

Good luck with that game store plan. :O Sounds awesome! =D

Wish I could visit that store one day. ^^

About my day: Lol...
Yesterday I complained about not having enough time to finish my homework and the English project... well when I went to school today I found out I HAD NO SCHOOL TODAY! XD All that stress yesterday was in vain. I didn't need to stay up long and finish everything.

The reason we have no school is that the university (I'm at a school that will enable me to go to university next year) has an information day for those who want to start studying there next year. I knew about the info day but not that they give us the day off to go there. >_> (the information day is splitted into several 1-hour long sessions about certain subjects and I though you are only excused for school when you go to one of the subjects that overlap with school)
The sessions that interest me are abit later in the day and I thought I have to sit in school until it is time to leave for the sessions I picked.

So I came to school and no one was there... then I was lucky to run into a classmate who told me that we have off, and who was just at school to meet up with someone to go to the university together.
Funny as it is, it was THEIR luck that I came to school accidentally cause they had no clue where the university is and I happen to live right on the other side of the street of it! XD So I guided them there and went home.

Now I used my sudden freetime to clean my appartement. Soon the sessions I want to visit start and after that I will just do some homework. So nice to suddenly get a day off, I just wish I wouldn't have been so stressed about my homework yesterday. XD
Zachris

Post by Zachris »

Hehe Canis, it sorta looks like it saying something alike this "For every bad that comes is a good one coming too" or something ^^ life sure is balanced in the oddest way isn't it? xD

And yea totaly cool! a game store @.o if you succeed I also wish to come and see it sometime ^^
boele

Post by boele »

well.. today nothing realy.. just trying to make a pita-ten pic from a mnaga and making it in color with photoshop... everything is going great and al... till i got to the hair of misha.... can get a nice collor i want and wen i went trying to collor it... it all went so wrong... i screwed up the pic by doing it al wrong with the hair... but now to bed and trying tomorrow with her hair -_-; o well...
Terra_Valentine

Post by Terra_Valentine »

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, though it probably be a year before we even start looking into locations and loans.

My mom is kind of freaked out by the idea. I feel bad because I want to laugh about it, but then I think my mom is going through the 'my little girl is growing up' thing...

Work has been busy, but it's ok because in two weeks I get to take a weekend trip to the Ocean. I can't wait, I haven't been there since I was probably 12 or 13, plus I get to share the experience with Jason so it will be very nice.

Not much else new on my end...uh...I know how the showing up and not knowing there wasn't school thing. I went to visit my friends one day at the college (since I had already gotten my degree) and I get there and then BAM parking lot completely empty. I was like "Did the apacolypse happen and did i sleep through it?" when I called my friend Colleen she laughed at me, but she thought she had told me, so no big deal.

But yeah...if I don't stop now, I'll just keep on going, because I'm kind of tired and tend to ramble...yay...!
Family:
Foster Father: MBF
Oldest Sibling: Merun (Lost)
Older Sister: Canis
Younger Sister: Angel Lily (Lost)
Currently: Emotionally lost, and determined
neo_ranga

Post by neo_ranga »

Good luck with your project Terra. A friend that runs a Internet-VideoGames-CG-RPG-Anime-Cafe house is having some success with his place especially with the Yugi-oh game cards, so i know its not just a dream job but a very profitable one too XD

Anyway, yesterday the company bring to the office some spa girls to do us massages as a prize for the job done during the high production season. Everyone had a 30 minute massage session. Mine was really great, when i get up from the massage table i felt like walking in the air and i was in such a good mood that didn't do anything in the afternoon, just relax and smile XD
Just a pile of memories in a metal can - Alphonse Elric
The earth spins in a tilt axis. It does the best it cans - Hoenheim Elric
Merun

Post by Merun »

Finally got my home connection. A lot faster than expected. So I will be on... like I used to xD
Merun @ Twitter
Zachris

Post by Zachris »

Okey, I had just bought some candy and was on my way to rent a movie. Walking in into the movie rental store I feel cool thinking "oh yea! im gonna rent a movie! yeeaa" tho when I enter the place where they have the movies I look shockingly at their selection.

"unknown,unknown,unknown,unknown,unknown,unknown,unknown, 300 something, unknown,unknown,unknown (why dont I know any movie titles now adays? T_T)" Soo ok my bestfriend Roqr once talked about the 300 movie something and I belive he said it was good...."ok the 300 movie thingy it is!" I thought and went to the counter...now things start getting messy.

Walking up to the counter I tell the lady behind it that I want to rent this movie...thing is I lack any proof of who iam for example legimiation (against their policy to rent a movie to such person) I also dont even remember my own phonenumber home and my cellphone has been MIA for ages now, soo there I stand having my paycard thingy out and on it says one last name....I sign the pay thingy with another...they probably think "wth?"

And there I stand blushing like mad making a total blunder in everything you can do while renting a movie...and I just wanna dissapear into a dark corner then go away...tho the next thing I know I walk out of the store without even proving who which is a must and them without a clue of who iam with... my rented movie....being innocent pays off from time to time? <.<

Just a minor moment in my day

//Zachris
sakurachi2004

Post by sakurachi2004 »

start Universtiy on Monday again after having been on holiday since 28th May, hell that was a long time ago. Got my driving test next saturday (iam soooo nervous). will now get to see how much time i can get to go on here if it is amything like last year not very much (poor me). At least going back to uni will give some structure in my life again. but it the not getting much sleep i hate. i love my sleep, at least 8hours a night or i can't function. At lest i can get my student loan and spend it all on anime (yeah what to buy) but i haven't got it yet. will have to wait.
always have fun and never ever feel down beause shuushuu is always there.
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

@_@ This has been quite the wild week. Last Thursday, I had an exam in my databases class. I was pretty worried about it because... well... let's just say my study habits aren't so much habits as they are cramming the night before. ^^; Luckily, I've been taking to the class quite well and ended up with an 87/100 (third best in the class).

On Saturday, my girlfriend got into an accident (she's fine, by the way), but now we find out that her car is totaled, so now she has to get a new one. Later that day, I go to Best Buy and see only a single 60GB PS3 left, so I break down and buy it (though I wanted to wait another month...)

Yesterday, I heard about the virtual death of Geneon and wanna cry about it. Even more shocking: I hear that one of my former coworkers suddenly passed away (apparently from heart troubles, likely a clot). It's just really unnerving... I mean, I just saw the man literally a couple days before, and he seemed to be in good health, but then the building gets an e-mail that he's gone... Really hammers home that I'm not a kid anymore...

Today I had a design interface due for my Human Computer Interactions class. While that in and of itself isn't that bad, it was the circumstances that had me worried. This was our first group design project, and it was assigned 2 weeks ago... well, my teammates only sporadically got back to on Sunday, so essentially we had to get a 2 week project done in 4 days. I liked it, but it's not my opinion that matters. >_>

So yeah, that's what I've been through lately. @_@
neo_ranga

Post by neo_ranga »

Just finished watching the last episode of School Days, its soo disturbing! and sadly its not so far from what it happens every day in real life >.<.

Still i wasn't expecting this for the closure of the series.

Soo what did we learn today: Don't cheat on your girlfriends. You don't know wich one is missing a few screws on her head.
Just a pile of memories in a metal can - Alphonse Elric
The earth spins in a tilt axis. It does the best it cans - Hoenheim Elric