How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
Zachris

Post by Zachris »

Ok, this is a fascinating and will be a very short day xD I just woke up after sleeping for 15 hours by my stepdads help...i'd probably sleep more if he didnt wake me up @_@

I must have been really tired >.<
I carry a soul wavering from the flood of emotions. I carry a past bitter with hatred and sorrow. I carry a lifestyle that prays for happyness and I carry a heart shining golden. May all who read this have a blessed future.
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Well, I would've spent today with my girlfriend, but she's sick. ;_; So that means I'm on my own today. However, that does mean I have some time to catch up on my anime DVDs a little... I've got about 17 I own that I still haven't watched, and it's been that way for almost a year now... ^^;
Gardenia

Post by Gardenia »

Went to the doctor today, and found out some rather disturbing news. Ever since I was born, my right leg has been twisted inward. I had to constantly be on top of remembering to walk straight just to walk like everyone else did. I walk fine now, but sometimes I forget and stand with my toes inward.

Anyway, the doctor said that if I had continued to let it go, I would eventually be immobile. To me that's just... insane. Here I thought I was living a totally normal life, and today I learned that I could become handicapped. My flat footedness plus my twisted leg apparently causes strain to some particularly important muscles. He said they become stiff and over the years would not be able to work anymore. I heard him say it, but it feels the reality of it all is just now sinking in. What to do...
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

wow gardenia i never really think about life being so fragile because it just never came to thought. yet, when it does come to mind it kind of shocks you for a moment. I wouldnt know what to really do if i found out something was fairly wrong with me that would cause a problem in the future. I'd prefer not to know it and just live the way it is or atleast have it secretly treated somehow.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Really sorry to hear that... I hate this sort of stuff, make me shiver... This add one more problem to you... I would certainly have some difficulty sleeping knowing that I could become handicapped....
Merun @ Twitter
boele

Post by boele »

that ain't good news gardenia.. having that with your leg and maybe getting handicapped.. but with a handicap like that you can live a normal life i think.. maybe you should get surgery or something ( if possible ).. but that takes time and money ofcourse..
i realy hope you will get better somehow and not getting immobile

good luck with everything gardenia
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

I'm so sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you went to the doctor in advance. So now you can avoid problems, and that relieves me. I've had some problems with my leg while growing as well, but nothing this severe. I'll be praying for your recovery.
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

Same here Gardenia! We're ally praying for you health and rooting for ya!!
[Signature space. $10]
Gardenia

Post by Gardenia »

Aw. Thank you, guys! I will be alright no matter what happens. I know people in worse situations. And even if I did happen to get stuck in a wheelchair, I can still make the most of life. It's not the end of the world. Next time I go to the doctor I'm getting orthopedics to put in my shoes to help keep those muscles from not delevoping that hardness any further. This may end the problem, it may not. It's something they're taking a shot at.
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

I hope it all goes well, Gardenia. And even if it doesn't, that's the good outlook to take. Even if you can't do everything you used to do, I'm sure you'll still be the same good person, and I know you're friends would still be there for you too.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Mhh, that sounds frightening indeed Gardenia. Kind of sounds sudden for that doctor to make such a grim diagnose, maybe get a second opinion or also see a good physiotherapist or an osteopath?

And if it's muscles and tendons, you're still young so corrective measures for your posture and correct treatment on muscles and tendons are still very doable and should have good and timely effects depending on the treatment.
Gardenia

Post by Gardenia »

Thank you, wrexness. I don't believe that's what's going to happen, but if I can't find or get the proper care before it's too late that will be the result. And I intend to do everything within my power to stop that.

And, I agree Smithy. My mom just assured me that the doctors will "mold" me best they can. They can't fix my bowed leg without chopping me up, but I think with therapy my muscles will be fine. I've been to many doctors when I was small and all said I'd be just fine. They didn't give me a leg brace or anything. So this is kind of like...not the first opinion...or the second...this is the "I lost count" opinion.
Last edited by Gardenia on Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

No matter how many doctors you see Gardenia and no matter how long it takes, we'll still be rooting for you!! ^_^b
[Signature space. $10]
Sweet Tsuki

Post by Sweet Tsuki »

I'll give my leg to Gardenia! *o*
I'm going to a kinesiologist. I hope your leg goes well. If you had to die cause of your leg I would defiently give you mine.

My day is going pretty well, I finished doing the magnetic resonance cause the doctor has to see my jaw. I was scared at the beginning but now I didn't shake or anything (It's my third try actually XD)I was really nervous at the beginning :x And then I went to the kinesiologist to see my jaw and I have to do some excersices. I went to my dad's office and I ate sushi. When I was in my dad's office I had to give some papers to a lawyer and he was SO HOT! I got nervous when he said hello to me :x. And everyone in my dad's office thought I was so cute .//. Then I drank a berry smoothie x3. It was sweet *o* Then I read this damn book about mapuches and incas (Mapuches are indians from southern Chile) and then I washed my hair and then I'm here.
Last edited by Sweet Tsuki on Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ararara-ra

Post by Ararara-ra »

Good luck Gardenia.

Wish my brother had half of your resolve.
He is bowlegged and I am more than willing to sell an arm or a leg to help him but, due to his stubbornness, he is refusing any help. He thinks nothing is wrong with him.. T___T

@Sweet Tsuki

Mapuches!
I am currently writing about what type of contributions they made to the spanish lexicon.
My little 4koma paradise
Current status: Hiatus! AGAIN!

My tweeter