How about an Artist Database?

Have a good idea? Let us know
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Smithy wrote:Maybe with the wiki being filled over time anony could implement tagtype pre-defined elements for the source and artist field?
While you would still be able to freely type a yet undefined source or artist, you could also choose from tags like "Noizi Ito" (searches could then incorporate all images defined either as Noizi Ito, Noiji Itoh or Zatsuon Ito).
This is one of the reasons for the wiki ;)
In fact, I have just finished working with tw to once again optimize the tag queries to be much, much faster and I plan on finally extending the tagging system to other image fields, namely artists ^^
e-shuushuu!
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Ok, I spoke too soon... while in the process of rewriting the tag queries using the test database, I dropped it to resync it with the live database.... however, I had forgotten I also put the wiki tables in the test database. I have a weekly backup script but I didn't have it set to backup the test database. In other words, I have royally screwed up and lost the wiki data. I personally apologize for this, especially to Eva and Merun who I know had put a lot of work into it. I'm sorry for losing the work you spent hours putting together. On top of that, the new tag query has a bug in it making it unusable. What a bad day ;_;
e-shuushuu!
Merun

Post by Merun »

One thing to say, uguuu...

and Eva-chan put even more work than me :/

well, I'm going to sleep for now. I hope you will be able to adresse that bug ^^
Merun @ Twitter
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Evangeline Mcdowell wrote:I intended the publisher field for that (in the works template). If you mean to create another category, I suppose that's okay too.

Also, what is our policy on cover art on the wiki. A lot of doujin covers (and even commercial magazines) are NSFW. The interim solution I had was to limit image width in the work profile to 100px so it doesn't stand out too much.

p.s. I'll start making a point to add a bullet to the circle field for the sake of uniformity then.
The wiki should be treated as a part of the shuushuu network and the same general rules should apply so I would say doujin covers with NSFW material on them either need to be cropped, edited, or not displayed. H-related doujins may be listed to fully document all of an artist's work, but I think we should also have a field on the work template marking titles as H or not for those who may go googling more info >_<
e-shuushuu!
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Oh, and I did finally fix the tag queries after spending about 4 hours working on it today... too bad it resulted the loss of the wiki data along the way T_T
e-shuushuu!
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

Aww, and I had a good idea as well.

Well, don't give up on it, it's much easier the second time round, always remember that.
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

Seems that you did remember, I see that you've put it back up.

The Japanese wikipedia has a some good info on a lot of artists by the way. It's how I found the name of the white-haired guy in Blaine Wizards, got it by searching Keiichi, I guess he did illustrations for it.
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis