24%
14%
5%
5%
5%

Total votes: 21

Biba

Post by Biba »

Even though I like the image disabled pic, it can be irritating when you're looking for something and there's a lot of those pictures. I just wanted to ask if it's possible to have the image disabled pic on for about a month or so, so the poster of the image can see his image got deleted, and then just delete it. It would keep the image board a lot cleaner I think.
Digi Angel

Post by Digi Angel »

Biba wrote:Even though I like the image disabled pic, it can be irritating when you're looking for something and there's a lot of those pictures. I just wanted to ask if it's possible to have the image disabled pic on for about a month or so, so the poster of the image can see his image got deleted, and then just delete it. It would keep the image board a lot cleaner I think.
Yes, I agree. I think it would make the board much cleaner if rather than just disabling the picture and leaving it there, the image would be deleted all together.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Mhhh, well if anony can set the database to automatically delete disabled images after they've been disabled for x number of days that shouldn't be too hard.

Else we'll have to manualy go through all the pages to delete disabled images. I'm willing to do that when I have spare time, but I can't guarantee how much can be done when...
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

if an image is deleted shouldnt everything else like posts about the pic be deleted too?
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

I'm a bit hesitant to delete disabled images as they sometimes have good text posts with them. I've been considering a profile option on whether or not to show disabled images. An option you could set once in your profile page to toggle displaying disabled images...
e-shuushuu!
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

I'm all for Anony-O's suggestion about toggling on/off disabled pics within a profile! I would DEFINITELY toggle off these pics. I've said this before, but to me, I find these pics annoying. It clutters the board unnecessarily imo... Although, yes, occasionally there are some interesting posts on the disabled pic, but they are rare.
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

there would be a drop of like 30 pages if that was done
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

I've permanently deleted some older reposts (previously disabled images) from "Fate/Stay Night", "Air" and "Chobits".
While I have avoided deleting any that had multiple text posts, I did delete those with text posts stating they were reposts or pointing to the original image (else there isn't much we can delete at all...)

Feel free to let me know if you all find it easier to browse the search results for those series now?
If so, I might do so for other series when time permits, if not, I'll just drop deleting any images.