Artbook Collections - Suggestions

Talk about images!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Smithy wrote:Should I change the Tinkerbell tags to Tinkle or simply add Tinkle to them in the image board? Would anyone find that easier to browse and look up those images?
If you wanted them tagged correctly, I'd change them but it would be quite a hassle. I leave that you and your modly judgement. :lol:
Smithy wrote:In fact, if any of you who buy anime artbooks would be interested, how about we use this thread to share our thoughts and experiences about the artbooks we have or had. Like which ones are very good and why we think they are good (because taste is personal), where you were able to purchase them, what pricerange you recommend, etc...
Let me know what you think!
I thought that was what this thread was for in the first place. Either way, it's a good idea. I'll post up my opinions of Noizi Ito's Guren when it gets here. :)
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

(Reviving an older thread.!)

I received Kozue Amano's "Cielo" artbook today. (Kozue Amano is the artist who created "Aqua" and "Aria".) Really a terrific artbook! I've viewed through it and over half of it are full page Aria images, truly beautiful! (There's artworks from other projects of Kozue Amano that are nice as well, but my main attraction was the Aria images, too bad it isn't an Aria only artbook in that aspect.)
Several images from the artbook are viewable on the image board.

The artbook was a bit more pricey than others but the artwork is defnitely worth it and not only is it a hardcover, it comes in a (sturdy) protective plastic slipcase.
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

Whe-where you get all of this artbooks amfest-san? *¬*
I know a site where have some artbooks...but not much lime that *.*
amfest

Post by amfest »

haha actually I forgot .. and I still haven't unrar'd them yet >_< and yet .stuff keeps on accumulating on my site . .if not from my own personal downloads . .some friends are uploading various things onto my ftp server >_>.
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

Ahhhhhh
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

Hi!
Can anyone send me the carnelian artbook and the Shuffle artbook? If its a too big request... i dunno, but I'm want it!! please!
Merun

Post by Merun »

Humm.. there is a lot of Carnelian artbook ^^"
Merun @ Twitter
boele

Post by boele »

if it is possible the pita-ten artbook please
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

Okay... sry:D
Then, the Kaotsuki artbook... and how many album you have? Or you can upload, or anything?
Merun

Post by Merun »

Well, I don't have a lot artbook by Carnelian, because it's all in messed ( when you download a lot of image, you reach the point where you have the entire artbook without knowing )
Moreover, she released most of her work on CD.

I don't know if I have the entire artbook for Pita-Ten
Merun @ Twitter
Reon

Post by Reon »

May I ask if anyone here has a Suigetsu visual fan book and also Carnelian (any kind of art book would be fine) would anyone please upload it ^^
ohhh and also the Prism ark fan book too :3 thank you whoever uploads
it :3
If your kindness is uncertain then I don't need it
signature by my friend Mika ^^ do not take~
feel free to add me in my blogs.twitterlivejournal
SCV45

Post by SCV45 »

Let See.....

tsubasa chronical artbook
Gensomada saiyuki artbook
Fate/Stay Night Artbook
Ikki Toushen Artbook
FF7 Artbook

.............Should really have to list down all? :shock: cause is over 50 artbook and manga in my room :/

why? cause I'm Drawing at them, Fan art work. of course :o
Merun

Artbook List

Post by Merun »

Asked, so there it's, my artbook list.

I will break it in several section as follow:
1/ Commercial Artbook
1.1/ Anime & Manga artbook
1.2/Artist Compilation
1.3/Artist Only

2/Magazine

3/Doujin Artbook

4/Other

1/ Commercial Artbook

1.1/Anime & Manga artbook

Nanoha visual collection
Hardcover, 38 pages
Source: convention, no idea if it's a bootleg or not

It's mostly art from the 2 first seasons. It has the CG look of the scan you can see anywhere on the net. All in all, it's a good artbook with pagespread image, but you can pass your way for more awesome artbook.

Haruhi Visual Fanbook
Hardcover, Jacket , 128 pages
Source: convention, looks like a chinese bootleg

It is has a lot of screenshot from episode, interview with the seiyu, summary, some art by Kyoani, Noizi Ito, and other guest artist. It's mostly for fan and you can pass your way. The image are rather small sometimes.

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
Hardcover, Jacket, 138 pages
Source: convention, chinese version under license ?

This artbook has both the art by CLAMP, and the anime, and some B&W images. It's really nice, and you can't pass your way if you are a fan of Tsubasa or CLAMP, or if you don't know CLAMP already ( which imply you lived in a wormhole ). All illustration are pagespread, or on 2 pages

1.2/ Artist Compilation

Girls Girls Girls!
Softcover, jacket, 119 pages
Soure: Amazon.co.jp

Amazing artbook, full of well known artist and not so well known but with nice artwork that need to be discovered. The coer is by Tony Taka, and inside there is Suzuhira Hiro , Miki Miyashita, Aoi Kimizuka, Ikegami Akane, Chisato Naruse, Tinkle, Shiro, Mikeou, Miyama Zero, just to name a few. There is a B&W section which is 1/3 of the book... sadly. All illustration are pagespread

Girls Girls Girls 2!
Softcover, jacket, 111 pages
Source: Amazon.co.jp

As the first one, it's beautiful. It retains it's variety of artist, some new, some old. It also has a B&W section, and a little colored manga section. There is also a 2 pagespread illustration at the begining, and the rest is pagespread

Magi-cu Illustration
Softcover, jacket, 96 pages
Source: Mangaoh

Another collection of artist,.. a really good selection with popular artist and some less known. Everything is pagespread, really few on 2 pages, and it's on a nice glossy paper. Recommended.

Moe Encyclopedia
Softcover, manga size

This is not really an artbook and actually, I got several of those, since each encyclopedia has different topic. It's quite out of curiosity I took them, especially the... well.. strangest one.... So far I have, Torture, Punishment, Witch, Uniform, Lingerie. These guy managed to make these subject... rather work safe in most case. Some nudity got in it, little to no blood... really. Half of the book is filled with one page for illustration, the other for information, and the other half of the book are for some indepth information. You can also note that Uniform and Lingerie has more emphasis on the illustration. The number of illustration is not even for the books, there is not a lot in the Witch one, and Uniform and Lingerie had the most, if I remember correctly. So it's some pick if you are rather curious. The selection of artist is quite unknown also, so it's discovery, but don't expect kick ass artwork except for the last issue. I woul recommend Uniform and Lingerie since they are... the most normal and most illustration featured with good artist.

1.3/ Artist Only

Naru Nanao - Rainbow-Colored Icecream
Softcover, jacket, 104 pages, Full Moon wo Sagashite VCD, 2 roses hairpins
Source: Shop in Paris, Korean bootleg ?

The book is divided in different icecream flavour with each one a color for the girl. Most illustration are pages spread. It's quite an old arbook, so it's an older style than the recent Ef, but it's still nice. If you have nothing to get, it's a good choice. The japanese version is taking value too.

Aoi Nanase - Seven color of the Wind
Softcover, Jacket, Poster, 98 pages.
Source: Benippon

One half of the book is dedicated to one serie by Aoi Nanase which I don't know, and it's my only let down with this book since it's quite repetitive. Hopefully the rest is good art, with chibi and Aquarian Age illustration. You better looks at the scan before buying this one. Most illustration are pages spread, or on 2 pages.

Nao Goto - Galaxy's Child
Softcover, Jacket, 120 pages

One of my favorite artbook. Illustration are really awesome. You have 6 years of work there. No filler with text. Illustration are mostly pagespread, or sometimes 2 pages and it's on a glass paper, better than scan. Some little sketch here and there. Higly recommended.

Tinkle - Tsukiyono Chakai
Softcover, Jacket, 128 pages
Source: second-hand by Benippon

The holy grail of my collection *pokes Anony*. Illustration are on some carton paper, giving it a rough surface which explain the rather bad scan. It has a long section with original art and fanart, pagespread, or 2 pages, or some smaller. Then there is the Magical Tail and Cafe Little Wish part with the illustration for the different magazines, wallpaper, and the telephone card. Finally an interview and a how-to CG and a illustrated story. The book has a little bit of tasteful ecchi. Of course it has my recommendation.

Kaori Minakami - Houseki Hako
Softcover, jacket, 128 pages

Artbook full of gothic lolita. The only complain is the grainy look of the image if you are too close.. and it's the same with my other Softtbank artbook. The illustraion are mostly pagesspread and 1/5 is B&W. It's a nice artbook so if you like the style, you should get it.

Noizi Ito - GU-RE-N
Hardcover, Jacket, 128 pages

Famous artbook. Art are great, but the only complain would be the printing, it's well... like the scan. Color lack the vibrance and the paper isn't as smooth as this:

Noizi Ito - KA-E-N
Harcover, Jacket, 128 pages

This one is better in the printing aspect. Awesome color. They are vibrant, and the paper is smooth, giving the art a new aspect, impossible to scan. The first artbook should be considered for fan of Noizi Ito or simply nice art, but the second one has my recommendation.

Kuramoto Kaya - Pieces of the World
Softcover, Cardboard slider, Fully illustrated jacket, 128 pages

Artbook picked after seeing just a few scan. I don't regret it. As a Softbank artbook, it's still a little bit grainy, but less, a lot less. A good part is gothic lolita on the whole page. Some 2 pages illustration.. All in all a good artbook. If you like the style, pick it without hesitation. It's really a good artbook.

Izumi Sakurazawa - La Cerisaie
Softcover, Fully illustrated dual sided jacket, 162 pages
Source: Akadot

Another famous artbook. The image are pagespread, and the quality of the printing is just amazing. It gives the illustration yet another look, which can't be kept by scanner. There is quite an amount of neko and inu mimi. Most of them are NOT from Pure Pure, for the simple reason that all Pure Pure work are in the game section, so the rest are orginal work that she did for her doujin. There is also a How-to CG part. This book has my recommendation!

Mikeou - Kira Kira Reki
Softcover, jacket, 127 pages

This artbook is great. Lots of illustration I have never seen in high quality in a book which is a little bit larger than your usual artbook. The book is divided in 5 sections, the 4 seasons and a last one called Other for her work in eroge. Each section ends with 2 pages of comment.

Suzuhira Hiro - Chronicle
Hardcover, jacket, double sided poster in 4 fold.

Wonderful artbook by Suzuhira Hiro with her artwork from 1999 to 2007. Hopefully the 1999 illustration is only 2 pages. Her art back then wasnt as splendid as now. 1/3~1/4 of the book is between 2000 and 2002, which shows lot of improvement in her artstyle, and after, it's pure awesomeness. Apart from the illustration from 1999, everything is pagespread, not a single millimeter wasted in most picture. Highly Recommended

2/ Magazine

Megami Creators 10
Poster included
Source: Amazon

Well, Megami Creators has a section for artist, with one pagespread illustration, and then 2 pages of several one. It's a good way to discover artist and it has lots of information... that anyone can understand, meaning, romanji name, website name, project they worked on. The rest of the magazine is about games and figurine. The printing is really good for a magazine. Well, grab it if you want some new art, not that expensive, but it's not an artbook, remember.

Dengeki Hime
Poster

Dengeki hime is a magazine about eroge... well most illustration inside are CG and plenty of text, but, like the Megami Magazine, the highlight is the poster inside. There is around 10 posters, more or less, depends of the issue. They are folded in 2 pages, recto verso, and on a single sheet ( 8 pages size ) there is 4 posters ( 2 pages for each ), and they feature great artwork for upcoming game or popular one, by the artist themselves. For it's price, it's a nice get, and the debinding is rather easy since they use staple. The price might vary, if there is some goodies bundled with it.

3/Doujin Artbook

Tinkle - Drink Me!
22 pages B5
Source: Ebay

Actually this book is some... spin off of Alice in Wonderland, so there is a little bit of text. It's printed on some smooth paper, and full page, no border! There is a guest artist section too. Since scan are available, you can make your own opinion before getting it. It's a nice artbook

WNB Mark - Kanadeiro ehon
16 pages B5
Source: Auction Yahoo Japan

Art are printed on a plastic paper, and it's only fanart of series such as Zero no Tsumaika, Clannad, Fate/stay night, and other. Scan are available, and they are as beautiful as the real copy.

Closet Child - Cotton Garland 1
34 pages B5
Source: K-Books
It's a realy nice doujin, presented as a gothic lolita fashion magazine for Autumn and Winter collection, with several artist represented by brands. No scan available but if you have seen Cotton Garland 2, then you know what you will get!

Closet Child - Cotton Garland 2
34 Pages B5
Source: Yahoo auction
Like the first one, except that it's for Spring and Summer ^^. I recommend both.

Hisuitei - Colorful Pop 3
18 pages B5
Source: Yahoo auction
Third doujin in the Colorful Pop series, illustrated mostly by Izumi Tsubasu and some guest illustrator. This one is on rough paper, and are illustration for her game, and fanart, and some other work. Really nice collection for those who like the art.

Hisuite - Colorful Pop 4
18 pages B5
Source: Yahoo Auction
Fourth doujin, this time on plastic paper, which is nicer than the rough one IMO. I also prefer this one over the Third. Illustration are from anime and some other source that I don't know.

Akane Makes Revolution - Trilogy
Plastic jacket, 104 pages
Artbook with Ikegami Akane's art from 2001-2004. Lots of illustration are pages spread , some on 2, a bit ecchi, lots of goodness! Recommended !

Akane Makes Revolution - Kachou Fuugetsu Full Color Illustration
29 Pages
Source: Nagomi.ne.jp
Not too big, but wonderful illustration on glossy paper! Illustration are on 2 pages, there is 2 4-koma on Lucky Star, fanarts for Lucky Star, Code Geass, School Day, Hayate the combat buttler, and some orinal one. Highly recommended.

Akane Makes Revolution - Concu
24 Pages
This time, a little bit less of illustration. 3 pages for a manga, 4 pages spread illustration, and 7 illustrations spreaded on 2 pages, and on glossy paper ! Wonderful doujin.

CHRONOLOG - Chronological
Around 100 Pages, CD
Source: K-Books
New artbook from Izumi Sakurazawa, less inumimi, and as much as awesomeness as La Cerisaie. Illustration this time are on mat paper, and doesn't give the same impression as La Cerisaie, but it's still very pretty. They are mostly pages spread, some on 2, a little bit of text at the bottom, but rarely on the picture. I love the original part, since most illustration are new. There is also a sketch part at the end.
The CD contains the same stuff, more or less, except in wallpaper, the CG, but smaller, a section showing her CG process, and lastly, 2 original PSD! to kill your photoshop! All in all, a must have.

4/Other

WORK IN PROGRESS ( if I want to make the 3rd section with posters and all )
Last edited by Merun on Mon May 26, 2008 12:32 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Merun @ Twitter
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Heh... yeah, if I ask you to make a list, I should probably do the same. Will work on it.
e-shuushuu!
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

I (mostly) finished making my artbook list. Since I requested that you make one, I figured I should do the same... and here it is (on my blog):
http://djtaylor.e-shuushuu.net/?page_id=62
e-shuushuu!