Tag Suggestion Thread

Have a good idea? Let us know
Smithy

Re: Tag Suggestion Thread

Post by Smithy »

Ran wrote:Backpack isn't any more limited than a "tattoo" or "sword" tag and has plenty of applications.
How does it have plenty of applications? Tattoo and sword are limited to only images tattoos and swords.
Or do you mean by "plenty of applications" that a backpack tag could be applied to many images because many images have backpacks in them?
Ran

Post by Ran »

Smithy wrote:Or do you mean by "plenty of applications" that a backpack tag could be applied to many images because many images have backpacks in them?
Yeah, like that. Sorry for the confusion.
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

I talked with anonymous-san and I want to know what you guys think about "butterfly" tag.
We can stay using "animal" tag or creat a specific one for it, like "neko" and "kitsune"
A.Dantes

Post by A.Dantes »

Myu-chan wrote:I talked with anonymous-san and I want to know what you guys think about "butterfly" tag.
We can stay using "animal" tag or creat a specific one for it, like "neko" and "kitsune"
Just as a note, Kitsune is not a good example for this suggestion. It is currently an alias of "kitsune mimi" and marks the fox equivalent of cat girls.
Ran

Post by Ran »

A.Dantes wrote:
Myu-chan wrote:I talked with anonymous-san and I want to know what you guys think about "butterfly" tag.
Just as a note, Kitsune is not a good example for this suggestion. It is currently an alias of "kitsune mimi" and marks the fox equivalent of cat girls.
I think that needs to be fixed. The difference between "kitsune" and "kitsune mimi" is the same as the difference between "neko" and "neko mimi".
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Ran wrote:
A.Dantes wrote:
I think that needs to be fixed. The difference between "kitsune" and "kitsune mimi" is the same as the difference between "neko" and "neko mimi".
Yes, it should not be an alias. I have updated the tag.
e-shuushuu!
softfang

Post by softfang »

How do you guys feel about a "high res" tag for those freakishly huge pictures/scans?

Speaking of which, a "scan" tag would be good too, I think. Or would that be stretching it? >_<;

Also, I thought of a few other ones that seem okay:

"cell" or "phone" tags
"mole" or "beauty mark" tags
"makeup" (I dunno, just throwing that in. XD I doubt it'll get created.)
"shoujo-ai" (I remember seeing a comment on a post Yuriyuri-chan (I think that was her name) made after asking why there wasn't a "yuri" tag. Someone said that yuri is a more explicit version of anime girl/girls while "shoujo-ai" was the more "cleaner" of the two. I think. >_>; I think it'd be good to have... ^^
DeviantArt Commissions OPEN | Remember 6.12.2016
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

A scan tag, I don't think it's really necessary if is just to prevent for the huge images, because we can see the dimensions of the pic
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

We've had many discussions over a "Shoujo-ai" tag (and all other possible variations) before already and it was decided then that such a tag shouldn't be created. That's the way it stays.

Phone tag sounds good.
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Scan tag or High Res tag are pushing it, and I don't believe they would make good theme tags. I do not agree with shoujo ai or any variation of it either.

Phone tag is interesting, but do we have enough images to make it a good, useful tag? I personally don't think so.
A.Dantes

Post by A.Dantes »

AngelLily wrote:Scan tag or High Res tag are pushing it, and I don't believe they would make good theme tags.
In addition to not actually describing the content of the image, we already can search on and order by image size.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I agree with leaving the scan and high-res tags out of the system. If that were implemented, then we'd soon have a CG tag as well and that would encompass about 60% of the images we have here. It's far too broad to really be effective.

With no further issues with the "backpack" tag, I'm going to go ahead and implement it. It's sat on here for a week now and the only issue regarding it was discussed and pretty much dropped. If it becomes an issue, we can always remove it later. (^_^)
anonymous_object
Site Admin

I added "butterfly" and "dog" as children of "animal".
e-shuushuu!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Since I just activated the "backpack" tag, what do you guys think about a "school bag" tag? I hate to start drilling on these bag tags, but "school bag" just seems like it would be very applicable for images such as:

http://e-shuushuu.net/image.php?mode=vi ... e_id=95976
http://e-shuushuu.net/image.php?mode=vi ... e_id=95955

These bags are commonly seen for high schoolers which backpacks are more for elementary students.

Also, what about a "graduation" tag?
anonymous_object
Site Admin

I think school bags could be mistaken for backpacks on some images since some school bags are worn as backpacks.

Also, graduation is an event that is not always apparent by consistent visual queues in images. If a character is holding their diploma then it is obvious but that is not always the case. I don't think this tag would work well.
e-shuushuu!