How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
AngelLily

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by AngelLily »

I'll miss you too wrex~

I've had c) happen to me so many times it's not even funny, but the best thing is to get clear with her about it, or else it's just something to build up for a possible future disagreement.

I do get along with my grandparents, it's just that I don't really like it there. I am, however, bringing a book with me (one about Dracula, a Stephen King novel, or a novel about Joan D'arc? I can't decide!), so I can keep myself occupied. It will definitelly be good to come back with a fresh mind ^_^

... I just refuse to travel without watching Nabari no Ou episode 12. It must be released!! ;_;
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

AngelLily wrote:... I just refuse to travel without watching Nabari no Ou episode 12. It must be released!! ;_;
*Now has a refusing Lily yelling "I've gotta see Nabari no ou Mom, or else we're not leaving!!" in his mind* XD
[Signature space. $10]
canis

Post by canis »

Is Nabari no Ou that good? I haven't watched it yet. I was too occupied with KKM 3, Monochrome Factor and Junjou Romantica. XD (what a wonderful season for fangirls like us, huh? ^^)
Well, hopefully you get to see that episode before you leave.

Try to have a good time! ^^
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Canis, if you're watching all that BL goodness, you must watch Nabari XD Not that it is BL, you can ask Fhant, he watches it too. It's just... really fangirl-friendly XD But aside from that, I really love the characters and the plot, and there isn't mindless action that distracts us from what's going on, so I really like it, and you should check it out.

Fhant: LOL Yeah, I... can see myself doing that too. My mom would hit me though.
Temmy

Post by Temmy »

Just really depressed at the moment.
One of my friends from another forum died last night from cancer, and I found out about it today.
She told very few people about her illness because she didn't want us to worry about her so much. I never knew.
Even though we joked around a lot, I never got a chance to tell her just how much she meant to me as a friend.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Sorry to hear that. Even with an Internet friend, that is a sad experience.
e-shuushuu!
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Been having a few hectic weeks at work, busy and long days, not getting the necessary support from some colleagues who depend too much on me to do their work as well (if I'd also get their pay with it sure, but alas i don't...). Also had some uncertainty about the future, that luckily has been largely resolved as my contract with the customer as a consultant has been prolonged (they're trying to recruit me into the company but clearing the red tape is taking them longer than my exisitng contract was going to last, so they renewed that one).

What has left me depressed though is that the "Aria" pc project I was working on and for which solwyvern also worked quite hard already is on indefinite hiatus. After spending quite some money on parts which should fit and be compatible most end up not being compatible so I'm stuck with expensive parts I can't use for it and which I'll be forced to sell. :(
I've built dozens of desktops and rebuilt many laptops already but this one has completely sideswiped me... :?
kawaii-star

Post by kawaii-star »

Back from my 4 day trip to AX 2008 and im pretty tired. Got lots of nice stuff and autographs from some favorite voice actors :D .

But I got bad news and it was that when i checked my email today...I was informed that I couldn't work at school for my summer term T_T. Now how am I gonna pay for gas with those high prices? :(
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

I don't know what it is, but I just seem to be really in the doldrums of late... I just seem to be especially emotional and easy to upset this week... I just find myself feeling very "blah" and drained... I don't know if I need time off from work or the internet or what, but I'm just really feeling like I'm in a funk... >_<
canis

Post by canis »

Well it at happens to me like once a year... no, not my birthday or christmas... something way more exciting: My PC once again caught a virus.

That was the most interesting one I ever had to fight. o_O

It tries to fool the user with some funny tricks:
It changed my wallpaper to a message saying "Virus detected, use antivirus software!" and created a shortcut named "Antivirus 2008" leading to a program that it downloaded in the 5 seconds between being activated and me cutting my internetconnection. My granny might have fallen for that! XD
The other trick it did was to install a screensaver that shows a bluescreen and naturally while I had my (real) virussoftware scan the pc the screensaver popped up cause I wasn't using my keyboard or mouse. This one did startle me until I realized that it's a fake blue screen. o_O
The virus also made the tabs where you change wallpaper and screensaver disappear and I had to re-enable them in the registry.
Ran different scanning programs now, I think everything is working fine again. ^^
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

Good thing it didn't wipe your hard drive or anything Canis, that would have sucked.

I saw Hancock today with my friend. First half of the movie was great, then it sucked afterward.
"Roger, Hawk leader. Ten seconds to departure."
canis

Post by canis »

Yeah, that would have sucked. x_x
When I was trying to find out information about my virus (or trojan or whatever, I actually don't know the difference >_>) I saw posts of other people who had it much worse. They couldn't even access their registry anymore.
I will pay more attention to virus protection from now on. >_<
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

You can try and download AVG free Canis, it's a free and very good virus scanner
[Signature space. $10]
A.Dantes

Post by A.Dantes »

I prefer threatening my computer into good behavior. "See this install disc right here? If you dare to get infected by so much as one virus I'm going to wipe you clean and do a new install."

It seems to work quite nicely for me.
Sekai

Post by Sekai »

Wah, finally able to post something again on Shuu <3
I guess you all noticed that lately I don't enter on the board very much, and that's because I'm in vacation right now >_>;
Anyway, in the little free-time that I have I managed to finish reading Mucha Kucha Daisuki [like 2 minutes ago] and now I'm all red *sniff sniff* I didn't read something as sad as this, ever ;_; I think I'm going to be depressed all this week *sobs* I know, I'm a little too sensible >__>;;

Either way, my day's going quite fine ^^ Too bad I didn't get to swim in the pool, it's kinda chilly outside and I don't want to catch a cold.
I miss all the Shuu conferences, but I'll be back in September. Definitely XD
*hugs all* I soo miss you!!