Vector Images

Talk about images!
amfest

Vector Images

Post by amfest »

Well due to this post mainly

viewtopic.php?t=35

I ended up giving vector a tryout and boy do I bite the weeny. ;) So half-asleep I decide to give the easy tutorial a try out and as I worked I found my patience for pathing not very high XD so I ended up zooming out and just ploink ploink plop plop BLAM ching . . scwing d'oh!! alt+ctrl+Z!! ploink ploink!!! and then I came out with the soriest excuse for an image XD

The image source I used

and finally my bleh

http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/Digi%20Ch ... 000000.png

lol. I think maybe practice is needed >_> and a bucket load of patience since I could of handdrawn that better >_>
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

That's all right. You should have seen my first one. hehe...
I was feeling great about it that I used an extremely hard image( lots of lines and a dark image at that)
It ended up looking horrible w/ lots of broken lines. I just wanted to throw my monitor out the window!

Try out Shinta's pen tutorial. It might help.
→ http://www.imanimetions.net/tutorial/tu ... iew=pentut
Drake

Post by Drake »

I should try this one day,with my graphic pallet it tablet be easier ^^
amfest

Post by amfest »

Drake wrote:I should try this one day,with my graphic pallet it tablet be easier ^^
I personally don't think it's easier with a graphic board . . . at least it felt bothersome since you don't draw out lines you just mark points and since you're zoomed in . . . using a mouse is less bothersome/tiresome as you can just relax your hand and place the point where you want it to adjust. Besides you can place a point and then use the arrow keys to adjust it to where you want it if you need to. Guess I should find another image to try. Wonder if I should try digi charat again since it has simple line characters at many points. ;)
Drake

Post by Drake »

amfest wrote:
Drake wrote:I should try this one day,with my graphic pallet it tablet be easier ^^
I personally don't think it's easier with a graphic board . . . at least it felt bothersome since you don't draw out lines you just mark points and since you're zoomed in . . . using a mouse is less bothersome/tiresome as you can just relax your hand and place the point where you want it to adjust. Besides you can place a point and then use the arrow keys to adjust it to where you want it if you need to. Guess I should find another image to try. Wonder if I should try digi charat again since it has simple line characters at many points. ;)
wrong,using the graphic tablet is a lot easier and less bothersome than the mouse,cause your hand is never tired and you are more precise,of course for big lines I use the pentool but for small points and color adjustment my graphic tablet is the best thing to use,any case i'm using it for a long time so whenever I open my photoshop I take my tablet,I cant use the mouse anymore :p
amfest

Post by amfest »

Drake wrote:
amfest wrote:
wrong,using the graphic tablet is a lot easier and less bothersome than the mouse,cause your hand is never tired and you are more precise,of course for big lines I use the pentool but for small points and color adjustment my graphic tablet is the best thing to use,any case i'm using it for a long time so whenever I open my photoshop I take my tablet,I cant use the mouse anymore :p
hmm maybe the genetic makeup of my hand differs from yours :P Depends on the movement I suppose but since vector stuff uses the pentool and you're sooooooo zoomed in I don't really see the point of being more precise when you just can't miss it with the mouse. I mean how hard is it to miss a pixel that's so huge you can easily target it. At least when I'm lazying points I like to be zoomed in nicely . . at least thus far >_> but I haven't really messed with the curve adjustment thing. Maybe I'm just not used to my wacom tablet yet >_> but when I hold it I have to gently slide it or I might accidently lay a waypoint which means I'm holding back a little thus tiring my hand out. Sure if I'm drawing images or coloring it's perfectly fine . .no big problems at all. *shrugs* to each his own ^^
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

I was able to finish it.
My very first trace-vector work. ^_^

Image → Image

original cap:

I ended up joining ferricorp and asked around for information on how-to's
Is it worthy enough for the board?
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Good job solwyvern! :D

A very nice Mahoraba vector wallpaper.
amfest

Post by amfest »

*holds up a thumbs up to solwyvern

CORRECT-O! Perfect job!
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

:D Thanks, thanks!
...but, I've still got ways to go.
coloring it was actually 'fun' and easier than tracing it. but a little time-consuming. It almost feels like being a five-year old coloring a drawing.

Chiyuri-chan! ♥_♥ I hope I see more of her. :wink:
Taboo

Post by Taboo »

Wow solwyvern! That is a really good job! I would say it is definately worth of the image board. =D>
Aliens, Time Travelers, Sliders and Espers recieve FREE FOOD! Come to us!
Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu »

solwyvern wrote::D Thanks, thanks!
...but, I've still got ways to go.
coloring it was actually 'fun' and easier than tracing it. but a little time-consuming. It almost feels like being a five-year old coloring a drawing.

Chiyuri-chan! ♥_♥ I hope I see more of her. :wink:

I would like to see your vectoring technique. Its very good.
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

Shingetsu wrote: I would like to see your vectoring technique. Its very good.
I'm working on something right now. I'm hoping I'll finish it by Sunday or earlier. You guys should join me. :D Vectoring is fun and 'feels' easy. ...but sometimes it's not. -_-;
Taboo

Post by Taboo »

Yea, I would be very interested in any details on how you did it. I have tried vectoring before and it was crap. haha :oops:
Aliens, Time Travelers, Sliders and Espers recieve FREE FOOD! Come to us!
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

yay, finished my second vector. This was done using shape-layers technique.
tutorial → http://www.ferricorp.com/public/forum/v ... .php?t=202

Image â–º Image

original cap:

*added in a few graphics:
â–º Image

It's the closest I can get to a 'Rosa Mystica' hehe^_^'
I never thought I would be able to make something like this so soon. :o
Anyone want a vector-image? I'm thinking on what I should make next...
oh, yea.. I'm planning to submit this to AP as my first wall. hope it passes. → http://www.animepaper.net/forums/Session-Zero/20009/

Taboo, post some of you work. maybe I can help you. :D â†
Last edited by solwyvern on Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.