How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
Terra_Valentine

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Terra_Valentine »

Hellos!

I miss everyone super lots. I can no longer get a reliable wifi signal where I take lunch at work, and since I'm not aloud to have my computer on during any other time I no longer to get talk to anyone during the day.

I'm still here though! I check on things as much as I can.

I hope you feel better Fhant, you know the lot of us are here for you.

I'm happy you have your computer back Merun ^__^ Now if only I could get a new desktop we could both be celebrating.
Family:
Foster Father: MBF
Oldest Sibling: Merun (Lost)
Older Sister: Canis
Younger Sister: Angel Lily (Lost)
Currently: Emotionally lost, and determined
Ran

Post by Ran »

It's cold today and I'm in my black suit. A buddy of mine that is a professional photographer wants to use me for some source material so I've got a photoshoot tonight. Apparently we're doing some black & white stylized photography but have my red tie and some miscellaneous blood for color contrast. I'll be getting some copies of the photos once they're done in processing so I'll post them here later. :)
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

So~
Today was my last test!Finally!No more tests!No more school!
(I hope I'm not in the extra classes ¬¬')
Anyway~ I was there, doing my history test, then my eraser fall on the floor, under the desk of my friend.I raised to catch the eraser and when I catch it POW! I hit my head on my friend's desk! XD
Everyone start to laugh and I heard some girls saying "Oh, poor Mariana".Was really funny XD
canis

Post by canis »

Since I don't have much time to watch anime during the week, I watched today the last 6 episodes of school days on block. °____°
It starts slow, but the last episode really is worth all the boring or silly stuff that happens in the other episodes.

Now I'm going to sleep and having peaceful dreams.

Btw, I'm still alive.
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Oh my, School Days.. I don't think I can stand to watch that one again. To me, the ending was the least disturbing part of that show. It was just so heartwrenching, there's no way I could get through it again.

And great to hear that you're still alive~ ^^
canis

Post by canis »

I have christmas break soon. I wonder what I will do.
Sometimes I get the feeling that I unlearned how to use freetime. XD

And if I do something like that "school days night" every day I'm surely going crazy. Though... it is strange. While school days is a really upsetting anime (no matter what character you like, you just have to be angry at the end) I had such a peaceful dream afterwards that I woke up totally relaxed this morning. *__* And there people say that violence in anime makes the audience violent too... I didn't feel this calm for weeks!
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

I did my final speech in my speech and communications class today. It was on MST3K, and the clip I showed had the entire class in stitches.
"Roger, Hawk leader. Ten seconds to departure."
Merun

Post by Merun »

For those unaware, I'm right now on a tropical island xD

I landed yesterday, had some stomaches >.<, then sleep. Today, wake up, sore throat, but it's so freaking hot that it has nearly healed already. I should receive my final driving license too ( I passed the exam but I didn't have time to get the driving license itself )
Merun @ Twitter
boele

Post by boele »

today i got home after work.
i walked into my bedroom and somehow, don't know why, i get this feeling something changed in my room.
somethin missing or..
just don't know what.
it's bugging me for a while now.
it is irritating.
aaa..
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

Happy New Year to everyone.

Today I used an auction service for the first time. Never ventured in that domain before as I always walked the line of ordering stuff on normal online stores like CDJapan, HLJ,...

About a month ago I spoted some of the goods Xuse announced for C75. They were going to sell 2 dakimakura (you could buy them separately or in a set) Xuse club members could preorder them for 10000 ¥ each. Those that aren't members would have to pay 11000 ¥ for each.

So, with the set you had 2 dakimakura sized 150x50 cm featuring Katima and Narukana (both characters from the game Seinarukana).

I really wanted those so I looked around on the internet from a way to order them at Yahoo Auctions Japan and found out that SMJ was available. I normally use Crescent Shop from things I can't get at regular online stores bust since they closed down for a winter break their serivice is offline.

Anyway, I quickly found my way around at SMJ and after registering and sending a deposit I was ready to bid. My only problem was that auctions for each dakimakura easily ended at around 12000 to 15000 Yen and even higher. Just when I was about to start biding on 2 almost closed auctions I spotted 1 auction with a "buy now" option at 26000 (normal biding would start at 25000). This auction offered both dakimakura as a set. It didn't take me 2 minutes to make up my mind and place a 26000 Yen bid to win that auction. This might be a lot of money when you look at other ongoing auctions that are at 5000 to 7000, but as I said almost all of them end at 15000 or higher for a single dakimakura. So I think I made a really good deal here for that set and it made me really happy :D . Now just need to pay for it and have it shipped over.

Link to auction/items: http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m62926157

And to end this, I have a question. I would like to know what other think of SMJ and/or other similar services. I'm curious to know what the best available service is at this time.
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Merun and Fuwari had introduced me to ShoppingMallJapan as a proxy service. I've only used them once so far though, to purchase an "Aria" figure on Yahoo! Japan.
I was generally pleased with my experience with them.
Terra_Valentine

Happy New year!

I'm doing alright, still looking for another job, but luckily it looks like the RP forum is moving a little bit again, so yay!

I went over to my friend's apartment instead of going for a party since he threw out his back. (which was ok for the no party thing, since my friends and I didn't actually want to go to it in the first place)

We watched the fireworks at the Space Needle, and let me tell you, we here in Seattle are full-fledged nerds/geeks, and that is awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b_1hPyYfhk

That's right, that's Star Wars, Amazing Stories, Wizard of Oz, Stargate, -don't know that one- though it souds vaguely video-game-y, E.T., -Don't know that one-, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, The Good the Bad and The Ugly, and Cabaret.

Yes. It was just that awesome.

Happy New Year everyone!
Family:
Ran

Post by Ran »

Hey guys. Things aren't so good here since I just lost my job due to the economy. I'll be away for a while so behave, okay? (^_^)
Terra_Valentine

*gasp*

That's terrible Ran! I hope you find something and come back soon!

We'll all try to hold down the fort in the meantime.
Family:
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Hey Ran, sorry to hear about your job. I know it's difficult to get just about any type of job at this time, but I hope you are able to find work soon. Good luck!
e-shuushuu!