Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by wrexness »

I thought it'd been a while since I saw you, yurie~ Welcome back >w</
canis

Post by canis »

Lively here. ^^

*pads Smithy* That doesn't sound good. I hope you will get better soon. :(

My new part time job (teaching people how to use PCs) is going smoothly.
At first I was afraid my knowledge isn't enough and my two students might know more than me. x_x
But that isn't the case, on the opposite. One of my students is the world's biggest pc illiterate. I know I shouldn't talk bad about my poor student, but it's hard not to chuckle when the pc freezes and she shakes the monitor to make it run again... XD
She (a middle 40 years old woman) has really a lot of fantasy to come up with mistakes that I could never even imagine.
Today I spent TWO HOURS teaching her how to download attached files from emails......
Then she wanted to attach a file herself and she pointed on the desktop (we are using the pcs in the school I work at) and said "How come my file isn't here?! I saved it yesterday (at home) on the desktop?!"
It took me some seconds to realize what she was even trying to say. How in the world does she get the idea that files that she saves at her pc at home on the desktop have to appear at any pc's desktop out in the wide world? Ö_Ö
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

*pets canis* There there, canis-dear. I know your pain all too well... believe me...
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

Working on a paper for Composition II...
"Roger, Hawk leader. Ten seconds to departure."
yurie~hime`

Post by yurie~hime` »

@wrex-san: Thanks~! ^^/

@canis-san: LOL @__@. Computers and technology stuff will never cease to amaze the older generations (reminds me of my grandma and cellphones xD). Perhaps she thought that was possible. xD
kawaii-star

Post by kawaii-star »

Wow..gee..I would have never expected a person like that to think all desktops are the same O_O;, even if she has never touched a computer before. Sounds like it could be a tech literate persons nightmare to deal with someone who really doesn't understand at least common ideas of how computers work.
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

Oh yeah, a couple of weeks back I picked up Negima!? part 1.
"Roger, Hawk leader. Ten seconds to departure."
canis

Post by canis »

Lol, when I told my mother about that pc illiterate student of mine, she said she knows someone even worse: She once tried to teach a woman how to use the pc and that woman seriously tried to use the mouse in the air. (yeah all Yuki-style!)
I never imagined that people outside of fiction (and with no alien background) could do that. XD
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

>w</ Anime St. Louis was this weekend, and it was a blast~ More than made up for the disappointment of Kawa Kon. I'll post a full review later, but that's where I'd been since Friday. ^^b
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

Finally things are looking up.
I've got a job where they are very content with me, money and to top it all of, I'm set for a con weekend in Holland!

I got (most) of my cosplay done and I even got a room in the hotel they're holding it!

Yes, it'll cost me some money (180 euros), but I don't have to travel back and forth the whole time and if things are really lucky, I even can obtain something cool like a figure or something.

The only downside, the mikuru figure I bought at FACT in Belgium where I'd still thank Smithy for is falling of her stand ever since my mom though of cleaning my figures... And I can't put it right anymore!
[Signature space. $10]
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Fhant wrote:The only downside, the mikuru figure I bought at FACT in Belgium where I'd still thank Smithy for is falling of her stand ever since my mom though of cleaning my figures... And I can't put it right anymore!
*pat pat* I feel you, brother. I'm pretty sure that's what happened to my Saber. That's why I don't like people coming into my room when I'm not around, family or otherwise...
canis

Post by canis »

I've never had an expensive figurine, only 2-euro gashapons, but I can imagine that it must suck...

Wrex is about to post his 1000th post. :O

*prepares sparkling wine*
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

*blush* My my, are you planning to get me drunk and have your way with me...? Please be gentle...

*posts 1000*
canis

Post by canis »

wrexness wrote:*blush* My my, are you planning to get me drunk and have your way with me...? Please be gentle...

*posts 1000*
You get drunk from a little drink? ;)

Hm, but you already have 1006 posts now. I never saw your "1000"... I guess we postpone the drink until your 2000th post then. :P

Today I'm going with friends to a castle. We also have great weather! ^^
Just the wanna-be-bento I prepared for us came out pretty poor... Recently I'm really unlucky with food. o_O
Some days ago I made sushi with a friend and it didn't really taste like it should have and on the next day we both had a slight hangover! o___O (and no, we didn't drink ANY alcohol on that evening, we also didn't eat anything beside the sushi, it was vegetarian sushi with cucumber so no spoiled fish... how can that be?!)
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Fhant wrote:The only downside, the mikuru figure I bought at FACT in Belgium where I'd still thank Smithy for is falling of her stand ever...
To try and remedy this first you have to determine why the figure is falling of the base.

Is the peg on the base damaged or chipped off? Or is the mounting hole on the figure itself worn out that the peg no longer sits flush with it?

In the former case you will have to repair the peg, this can be tricky, maybe replace it by a similar object screwed on the base or use a plastic compound to rebuild it?

In the latter case what should work well is using a small amount of adhesive putty like Blu-Tack in the mounting hole. (The kind of adhesive putty that can be used to stick light objects on a wall, it's not permanent so it can be removed and being a putty it has more substance than plain glue which will stick permanently. This way you can still remove it one day.)