recent posts

Have a good idea? Let us know
Nemesis

recent posts

Post by Nemesis »

as we all know there is a tap in image summary that allows you to see the days pics but i was wondering if you could add one for the posts that have been done since your last visit so people dont have to go back god knows how many pages to find where thay were the last time that visited shuushuu
bob-omb

Re: recent posts

Post by bob-omb »

nemesis the anime hunter wrote:as we all know there is a tap in image summary that allows you to see the days pics but i was wondering if you could add one for the posts that have been done since your last visit so people dont have to go back god knows how many pages to find where thay were the last time that visited shuushuu
last time i checked when i was too lazy to check images i missed arounf on page 60 with 15 images each ._.
shawurai

Re: recent posts

Post by shawurai »

bob-omb wrote:
nemesis the anime hunter wrote:as we all know there is a tap in image summary that allows you to see the days pics but i was wondering if you could add one for the posts that have been done since your last visit so people dont have to go back god knows how many pages to find where thay were the last time that visited shuushuu
last time i checked when i was too lazy to check images i missed arounf on page 60 with 15 images each ._.
I had the same 'problem' ones when my monitor went dead. Since then I always write down at what page I am when I shut down my computer. It doens't really help since I'll still have to scroll all the pages back, but at least I won't miss any of the images that were posted even after a long time (unless they have been deleted for a good reason)
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.
Rimu-Ch4n
Location: That country with the Tulips and Dykes and Windmills next to Germany ^_^

Post by Rimu-Ch4n »

ah~ the luxury problems... XD

if I miss a number of pages, I just keep going untill I recognize pic's i've seen be4 or recognize the comments.
yurie~hime`

Post by yurie~hime` »

Rimu-Ch4n wrote:ah~ the luxury problems... XD

if I miss a number of pages, I just keep going untill I recognize pic's i've seen be4 or recognize the comments.
ano..that is what i do too..
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Yes, I can see how such a feature would be useful, but it's not exactly feasible.
There is no way I can keep records of what posts a user has actually read and thus I cannot present only new posts. Unlike a traditional forum (like this one you're using now), shuushuu is centered around images, not text posts. Posts on shuushuu simply have a child relationship to an image. While I could make it so that if an image with posts is simply presented in a page and those child posts are marked as read, images are presented in groups (5,10,15) and a user could read posts for only the first image and not the other, say, 14. It just wouldn't work very well.

What I may do however, is make it possible to search for images based on when a text post for that image was made. That way, all images with posts made within the past 24 hours or something could be found.
Anyway, I'll put this on my list... I've got some more important development to finish before I look into this.
e-shuushuu!
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

i always favorite the last image i was on so what if you were able to go to your favorites and click on the most recent one and it would take you to the page its on? that would help so much
anonymous_object
Site Admin

bob-omb wrote:i always favorite the last image i was on so what if you were able to go to your favorites and click on the most recent one and it would take you to the page its on? that would help so much
I have no idea what you just said.
e-shuushuu!
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

well is there a way to bookmark a page and when you come back you can just go to the page you book marked
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

anonymous_object wrote:
bob-omb wrote:i always favorite the last image i was on so what if you were able to go to your favorites and click on the most recent one and it would take you to the page its on? that would help so much
what i mean is that i favorite the last image i see if im not going to look at images for a while. In your favorites it shows your last favorited image. If you havent looked at the images for a while and are as far back as maybe 100 pages. Maybe you could make it so by clicking on that last image you favorited it would take you to the current page it is on. So when you click it you will be on page 100 if thats where your last favorite was made.

That more clear?
anonymous_object
Site Admin

bob-omb wrote:
anonymous_object wrote:
what i mean is that i favorite the last image i see if im not going to look at images for a while. In your favorites it shows your last favorited image. If you havent looked at the images for a while and are as far back as maybe 100 pages. Maybe you could make it so by clicking on that last image you favorited it would take you to the current page it is on. So when you click it you will be on page 100 if thats where your last favorite was made.

That more clear?
Heh, that's exactly what the bookmark function does...
However, that still doesn't help you keep up to date with text posts. You bookmark an image, not a post. The image bookmark only really makes sense when you have your images ordered by date added too.
e-shuushuu!
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

oh? there was a bookmark function? >.>;
anonymous_object
Site Admin

bob-omb wrote:oh? there was a bookmark function? >.>;
... sigh.. I'm starting to think you should stop talking... not much intelligent comes out -_-;
e-shuushuu!
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

anonymous_object wrote:
bob-omb wrote:oh? there was a bookmark function? >.>;
... sigh.. I'm starting to think you should stop talking... not much intelligent comes out -_-;
it happens when im tired>_> still happens when im awake and full of energy anyway <_< just how i am ._.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

well hows this...

when a repost is done the smaller one is disabled but the place mat is left cos of text posts that are on it so could you take the text posts off the old pic and put them on the new one and delete the old place mat?

that way the amount of pages will drop and the site will become smaller cos as we all know the site is getting big