Tag Suggestion Thread

Have a good idea? Let us know
Nine_Lives

Re: Tag Suggestion Thread

Post by Nine_Lives »

Um...no, hats and hoods don't apply.
I guess frilly hairbands are for this tag now? And flat are for hair band?
Using it only for maid / lolita or something would be silly... >< And I don't see too much of another way to differentiate...not without it getting much too complex for a tag anyway ><;;
Gardenia

Post by Gardenia »

I was just asking because I thought that maybe someone would suggest to put hats as a child tag, and I also saw that someone had tagged a hood as a headdress. I do not agree with either of those ideas. Lolita images aren't the only ones that have headdresses. I gave examples of those. I can find more. I also don't agree with the frilly headbands becoming headdresses. I did want to ask though so we can clarify what would be appropriate.
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

I don't understand why some frilly headbands are tagged as headdress and some aren't.
Gardenia

Post by Gardenia »

No worries. If I find them, I will remove them. Like I said, I think another user has taken notice that there is a new tag and they're tagging it themselves. Not a problem though. And if the tag does seem to cause too much trouble my feelings won't get hurt if it's removed.
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

That doesn't clarify anything for me. Gardenia, while you did instigate this tag, everyone has to use it. If I don't understand why it works the way it does, other people surely don't. I can't use a tag if I don't understand it. You will be retagging -every- hair band / headdress image if you don't write out a detailed decription and a reason for why the tags are used as such.
Gardenia

Post by Gardenia »

Nine_Lives wrote:That doesn't clarify anything for me. Gardenia, while you did instigate this tag, everyone has to use it. If I don't understand why it works the way it does, other people surely don't. I can't use a tag if I don't understand it. You will be retagging -every- hair band / headdress image if you don't write out a detailed decription and a reason for why the tags are used as such.
I'm not implying at all that I would be doing that for forever. I think that the meaning of the tag would be established after a while. I do agree with you. It needs more clarification. I'm not arguing that. It's why I put it up for discussion. I'm not trying to work against anyone here. I understand your concerns. Please put up suggestions so it can either be fixed or terminated. It seems like a few other tags, this one might just go through a trial period first. If it fails, that's alright. No big deal.
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

I am telling you that I have no clue how to implement this tag. If you could please post a general idea of what you have in mind for us to work off of for this "trial period" it would be greatly appreciated. You shouldn't suggest and implement a tag without at least being able to give a general idea. I find it ridiculous that I can't look at an image and know if I should use one tag or another simply because it's not defined. This tag has, as far as I can see through this haze, thrown the hair band and headdress tag into a jumbled mess and we now need to sort it out, which is fine, but cannot be done without some sort of a guideline.
Gardenia

Post by Gardenia »

Nine_Lives wrote:I am telling you that I have no clue how to implement this tag. If you could please post a general idea of what you have in mind for us to work off of for this "trail period" it would be greatly appreciated. You shouldn't suggest and implement a tag without at least being able to give a general idea. I find it ridiculous that I can't look at an image and know if I should use one tag or another simply because it's not defined. This tag has, as far as I can see through this haze, thrown the hair band and headdress tag into a jumbled mess and we now need to sort it out, which is fine, but cannot be done without some sort of a guideline.
I'm sorry you feel this way, but I removed the two or three images that were headbands that another user had tagged as a headdress. I've been through all 3 pages and I didn't see a single headband. And I also gave and stated examples when I first suggested this tag. I was just about to delete the tag until further discussion. (I am the only one that tagged them since it had been approved and it wasn't that much work anyway.) However, maybe it is necessary for further discussion. Each image has some form of headdress from what I've seen.
http://e-shuushuu.net/image/155396/
http://e-shuushuu.net/image/154963/
http://e-shuushuu.net/image/159539/
http://e-shuushuu.net/image/159243/
Does this help any? I don't want to make things frustrating as stated before. I just thought this would be something fun to add. I mean if we have tags for something as specific as "hairpins" I thought this should be okay as well. I do see it requires a more definite and specific definition however.
Gardenia

Post by Gardenia »

Well, I changed the description yesterday, but at this point it doesn't even matter. It still seems like it should be more descript. However, I even found other problems aside from those mentioned. I really think it'd be better left for either someone else to decide the description or just eliminated altogether. Also, when making this tag I didn't mean to jump the gun. I just overestimated how much input I'd get and how fast it would arrive. :c Please give input!
Last edited by Gardenia on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galatea

Post by Galatea »

Sorry to interrupt, but before I forget, I want to ask for an "archer" tag. If you don't want it, a "bow" tag should do, since there are tags for other weapons as well..
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

Gardenia wrote: I really think it'd be better left for either someone else to decide the description
Er...

Anyway, you still haven't answered my original confusion: "I don't understand why some hair bands are tagged as 'headdress' and some are not." I think that's imperative to this (to my part of it anyway). Shoving exampled at me really isn't helping anything. ^^;;
Though I wonder if we should do it this way. Make "hat" and "hair band" a child a "headdress". They both decorate the head, neh? Or maybe simply "hair band" if there is a reason not to do "hat" too...And from the information you -have- given me on this, frilly hair bands would be more of a "headdress" and flatter would be more of "hair bands". I understand that you kind of seem to not want that, but I'd like a reason why and a counter plan for it. ^^;;

As for the "archer" or "bow" tag: I don't have an issue with it. I think bows are different enough from the rest of the weapons to get a tag...though at the same time, that may raise the question of "do we need an ax or dagger or staff tag too?". I wouldn't call it "archer" or "bow" though..."bow" will be mistagged greatly, and "archer" is more about the person. Maybe "bow and arrow"? It's kind of long though...
Gardenia

Post by Gardenia »

Nine_Lives wrote:
Gardenia wrote: I really think it'd be better left for either someone else to decide the description
Er...

Anyway, you still haven't answered my original confusion: "I don't understand why some hair bands are tagged as 'headdress' and some are not." I think that's imperative to this (to my part of it anyway). Shoving exampled at me really isn't helping anything. ^^;;
Though I wonder if we should do it this way. Make "hat" and "hair band" a child a "headdress". They both decorate the head, neh? Or maybe simply "hair band" if there is a reason not to do "hat" too...And from the information you -have- given me on this, frilly hair bands would be more of a "headdress" and flatter would be more of "hair bands". I understand that you kind of seem to not want that, but I'd like a reason why and a counter plan for it. ^^;;
Not to be rude, Nine Lives, but I think I'm being very civil about this all. I'm not trying to "shove" anything at you. I'm simply trying to point out some examples so you can understand what I'm talking about. I feel like I keep answering the intial concern of yours too. I keep looking and I do not see any headbands in the "headdress" section. Maybe some other users have tagged such now, but the yesterday when I said I checked (immediately after you told me you saw headbands there) there were none. Maybe I have a misunderstanding about what is considered a headband, however.

I just saw your pm and I will respond accordingly there.
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

I do apologize, as I am not trying to be rude either, though I just know I'm coming across that way.
You offered these:
http://e-shuushuu.net/image/104432/
http://e-shuushuu.net/image/155396/
That's what I'm talking about.
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Hmm, from my point of view, the "headdress" tag should include those specific hair adornation with frills or lace or detailed ribbons, like the ones in lolita-esque style. Like Mikuru's headress, for a different example (only hers is part of her uniform, so I don't believe it should be tagged).

Bands like Haruhi's, although adorned with ribbons but a lot simpler, should be tagged with the "hair band" tag. The same for the type of hair band Yukiko from Persona 4 wears.

That's how I see it.

I'd agree with the "Maids should be tagged with the head dress tag" point if only we had that one system we talked about in the past, where you can exclude some tags. Like, a search for the "head dress" tag, but excluding all the images that have the "maid" or "waitress" tag. I'm not of the administration team, and I know zero of coding and the like, so I don't know how a system like that could work out. So I vote for no, maids do not need the "head dress" tag because I believe it's part of their uniform.

I also think there's some sort of bad communication at work here? ^^; Nine only wanted a clarification, and Gardenia never meant to do any harm by creating the tag and trying to apply it to the images she found pertinent? I love your walls of text, but they come as silly if you can't get simple informations across? There's a silly misunderstanding at work here, miladies~?
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

But AngelLily...you -can- exclude tags. o_O By placing a "!" in front of them. You can search for "headdress" !"maid' !"waitress" and get only the plain headdresses without maids or waitresses involved. ><

I don't see any harm in Gardenia's creating the tag and applying it. The only thing I have an issue with is that I haven't been given enough information about it that I could potentially -help- with the tagging. >< And yeah, there is definitely some bad communication at work here. I'm sorry for throwing walls of text at you, Gardenia. ><;