The Vocaloid Thread!

Other misc discussion
AngelLily

The Vocaloid Thread!

Post by AngelLily »

Now, now, welcome you all!

For all of those who like Vocaloid, who want to know what Vocaloid is, wants to share Vocaloid songs or simply wants to ramble about how Kaito looks good in a suit, feel free to feel at home!

For starters, I'd like to make an introduction with a shameless link to the Wikipedia article about Vocaloid, for those who really have no idea whatsoever it's the fad we're talking about here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocaloid

Now, to the point: Why make a topic about Vocaloid when we're already so flooded with it over at the imageboard, Lily, for God's sakes?!

To talk about the second best thing after the amazing characters, of course!

The Music!

Now, I'm sure lots of us are very willing to listen to new Vocaloid songs, but can't for a number of reasons: doesn't know what song to search for and ends up with many failures; searches and searches but only finds the same old songs; doesn't even know what is the song they're currently addicted to because the title isn't translated! Etcetera. Of course those are just some generic reasons, but the main point still remains:

What do you want to listen to?

I made this topic so we could share the videos we love the most, the songs that we listen for days on end, and to simply sing along to Vocaloid songs that are sometimes so addicting~

So, what do you think? I'm pretty sure some of us, like Temmy and among others, know of some great songs for us all? So let's share~

Any links are valid, be them youtube links or NicoNico links.

So let's begin!!

To start the topic, I'd like to share some of my favorite songs - but they're not ordinary songs!

I've found myself to be addicted to... what are they called again? Something like Nico Chorus. I don't know the exact name, please don't kill me~ XD It's basically a gathering of a number of versions for Vocaloid songs put together, that make one really, amazingly awesome group version! Some of them blend so well and are so addicting, I find them several times better than the original song... or maybe not XD But pretty close to it!

So here are a few!

Miku Hatsune - Koi wa Sensou (Love is war)

Rin Kagamine - Meltdown

Len Kagamine - Servant of Evil (Classical Version)

Miku Hatsune - Dear

Miku Hatsune - Black★Rock Shooter (My Personal Favorite)
neko_nekogami

Re: The Vocaloid Thread!

Post by neko_nekogami »

omg Servant of Evil. I downloaded the MP3 and everytime I listen to it I almost cry when it makes the guillotine falling noise.
We are currently in need of a lot of characters canon or original! Stop by to see what canons are available or create your own character!
Nana-chan

Post by Nana-chan »

I must say Lily I Love you for making this topic. I always love watching Vocaloid video's and listening to the music. (almost all my youtube favorites are made up of them. . .)

Not a big fan of Nico Chorus though I have a few songs that I have found that I just love.

Fire◎Flower originally performed by Len
World is Mine Original by my lovely little Miku~♥
I also enjoy this solo Nico singers version of World is Mine as well.
When the First Love Ends Original also by Miku

My current Obsession as far as Vocaloid songs has been Triple Baka and this version of Alice Human Sacrafice
Yandere Lover ♥ You should run now. . .
Yuka-Chan

Post by Yuka-Chan »

A new song i found ^^" i really like it

Magnet - Miku Hatsune & Megurine Luka

You can download the song here

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?12im4vjyd4z
‎A moment of beauty Still it remains only a memory
A stunning artifact of the past The one, the true, the last
Did I have to trust you?
Truly and madly and blindly
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

I'm not a big fan (Read: even though Lily has explained Volcaloid and stuff I'm still not moved by most of the songs..) of Volcaloid but I like these two..

This was basically the first song I got and liked...
Who said a guy can't like a song meant for every girl in the world? :P
[Signature space. $10]
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

@ Lovely: That version of "Servant" is probably the most emotional one indeed. It thrills me, every time <3

@ Nana: I didn't know "When the first love ends." Amazing song is amazing~ That solo singer you mentioned, she's my favorite one :3 I'm totally going to comment about her ahead. And that version of "Alice" is simply stunning - if I'm not wrong, it's a single lady doing the voice for all the Vocaloids, that's simply outstanding. (Ihaven'tbeenpracticingtodothesamenooooo >_>)

@ Yuka: Wow! So that great image had a song behind it! (I'm going to assume all pictures do now~ XDD) Their voices blend so well together <3 It's sorta "Spanish" sounding, pretty good.

@ Fhant: I made this topic so people like you could hear more songs and make enjoy Vocaloid too~ ^_^ It's a great way of corrup-- err convincing, isn't it~? XD Anyway, that Rin song is awesome. Can anyone tell me what is its title, romanized?

Anyway, here more about the songs I love...

Taking a similar route to my first post, I'm going to post more about "human" versions, because I tend to favor them most of the time XD

My favorite Miku performer has to be Usa - she's the one Nana-chan just posted, with her version of "World is Mine". She can reach Miku's voice to the point of perfection to my eyes - not too high, and not too low. My favorite song by her is actually a duet with my favorite Kaito performer - the awesomely drool-worthy Tourai. His voice is absolutely mesmerizing. Here you go!

Miku Hatsune & KAITO - Cendrillon

And then my favorite "solo" works from both of them:

Miku Hatsune - Dear

Rin Kagamine - Meltdown (Actually not a favorite, I can't choose a Tourai song to save my life, I love all of them! XD But I'm currently addicted to this one, so~)
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell »

Um... guess I found this thread too late ^^;
Someone on shuu asked me for some vocaloid songs because his collection got lost. I uploaded some of mine in mediafire so I thought I might share this with everyone. Get them here.

Some of my personal favorites are Sweetiex2, Sayonara, and Light Song.
Ayumi Hamasaki's Dearest (feat. Hatsune Miku) is actually one of the more lifelike vocaloid songs I've ran across.
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

That's a lot of Miku, Eva-chan~ XD
Yuka-Chan

Post by Yuka-Chan »

@ AngelLily: Yeah i agree the picture is beautiful And their voices sound good together,I like Luka's voice more since she sounds more mature i guess ^^"
Heres another song

Megurine Luka - Love me tender

Download here

http://www.mediafire.com/?ymjyjvwzmzj
‎A moment of beauty Still it remains only a memory
A stunning artifact of the past The one, the true, the last
Did I have to trust you?
Truly and madly and blindly
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

[Signature space. $10]
Kagami-chan

Post by Kagami-chan »

ZOMG A Vocaloid thread. <3
Yay~
Uhm yeah, I posted these in another forum, so just copy-pasting now. Massive linkspam ahahaha.

Yume Miru Kotori - Miku, Len, Rin, Kaito, Meiko
Honey Honey - Vocaloid All-Stars
World is Mine - Kaito
World is Mine - Miku
World is Mine - MikuxKaito version
World is Mine - Len Version
World is Mine - Rin Version
World is Mine - RinxLen Version
Kurotto, Odotte, Hatsune Miku
Hold Me Like The Princess - Kagamine Rin
Kokoro x Kokoro Kiseki - Kagamine Rin and Len
Meltdown - Rin Version
Meltdown - Miku Version
Meltdown - Len Version
Meltdown - Kaito Version
Meltdown - UTAU Version
Meltdown - 7 Guy version (COVER by artists on NicoNico Douga) (I LOVES THIS ONE 8D)
Meltdown - 10 people version (COVER by artists on NicoNico Douga) (THIS ONE IS AWESOME TOO >D)
Kimi to Issho no Kuukan Kanjitai - Hatsune Miku - this one sounds like the beginning of "Lost my Music" at first, the drums part. XD
Inject Time - Kagamine Rin & Hatsune Miku - This one is cute. XD
The No-touch Contact Sleeve(?) - Hatsune Miku - Cool song, but not sure about the title. ><
Dance Site of Darkness - Kagamine Rin & Len - This song is aweessommee, but it's too short. 3 minutes for a song like this is tooo short. DDDD:
siGrE - Kagamine Rin & Len
YOU (Classical Extended Version) - Kagamine Rin w/ backups by Hatsune Miku - This one is long (9 minutes rofl), but the instrumentals are amazing~
Juvenile - Rin & Len Kagamine - Len's jinglish never ceases to make me laugh. His rapping is quite good for a vocaloid, though. XD
Servant of Evil ~Classical Chorus Version~ - Niconico Chorus
Snow Promenade - Hatsune Miku
World's Crying - Kamui Gakupo - This so far is the only Gakupo song I like. XD
Skeleton Life - Kagamine Rin w/ backups by Len - I find it hilarious that so many people are fangirling over Len is this PV, when it's actually Rin in boy's clothes. XDDDDD

----
Sorry if some of these have already been posted, ahahaha...
I'm a Vocaloid obsessee, if you haven't already noticed. :P

Also I think the the Nico Video collabs are called Niconico Choruses, but not sure. XD
Some are so amazing. =w=b
I like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVLmVds3Jt0
And yes that is my channel. ><
Nana-chan

Post by Nana-chan »

Usa is a great singer indeed. And yes you are correct on the Alice Human sacrifice singer. One person doing all three event Kaito xD

I love when the first love ends great song~!
Here is a link to Miku's version to anyone wanting to take a listen and can't find.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUfffElCDqM

What first attracted me to the Vocaloid's was not only the interesting character designs but also the fact that they sang songs that I knew too. So I think I shall share a few of my early favorites that people will probably recognize. xD Note some of these are probably very roboticy and short~

Miku's Numa Numa
You Kaito and Miku Duet.
Tori No Uta Performed by Miku

And could this be the song that started the images of Luka and Gackpoid coupling XD
Go Google It

A cute little short with Miku called Dig Up Here! I think we have some of the animation from this one around shuu.

Hope A Miku Hatsune Song just found today. I think I might have a new obsession. Another thing about Vocaloids I love is the music and the animations some of the songs have it just breath taking.

Oh yes by the way I am a Miku fan in case anyone might be wondering
*whistles innocently*
Last edited by Nana-chan on Sun May 17, 2009 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yandere Lover ♥ You should run now. . .
LilFlow

Post by LilFlow »

Wow... some people have a lot of faves... lol
I got into Vocaloid listening to Meltdown, and Rin and Len are by far my favourites.
I think my personal fave songs at the moments are:

Rin/Len:
World is Mine -Band Edition
Migikata no Chou:
Rin
Len
Duet

Miku:
Fake Lover
Romeo and Cinderella

(Damn the weekly Vocaloid charts getting me hooked! XD)
Kagami-chan

Post by Kagami-chan »

OMG. I'm listening to that Cendrillion duet that Lily posted. It's epic~!! >w<
Adding to my iPod, hehehe...

While speaking of Niconico Choruses/Niconico Covers...
I'ma linkspam again. I'll post all the ones I've downloaded to my iPod~
From Y to Y
Letter Song
Yuuhi Saka
Cremation Melody
Stardust Utopia
When Love Ends For the First Time
World is Mine
Sprial Labyrinth
Cantarella
Iroha Uta
Hold Me Like A Princess

I don't think any of these have been posted yet, but if I've wrong, I'm sorry. >w<
As for the Vocaloid cover singers... I don't know very much. So far I've heard of ASK, CLEAR, Tourai, Han, Nimo, Usa, & Hanatan. But I like most all of then~ Favorites are... Usa &... can't pick a guy. They all sound so dreamy. *w*
Hmmm... favorite Vocaloid? It's too hard to pick. D: Miku, Rin, Len, Kaito. I love those four. XD

Edit: Whoops, forgot one: Meltdown - 7 Male Chorus. I like listening to the all-guy ones, ahahaha...
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

I got into Vocaloid through Meiko. She was my favorite even after I listened to Miku, but then... I found Daughter of Evil and Servant of Evil XD Guess who became my favorites then?

I haven't listened to a lot of Luka songs, though. She has a pretty voice, that much I know, but any of you have favorites by her to show me? I'd be much grateful!

Now, back with more "Human" links...

While I love Usa, she didn't make versions for all the Miku songs I love. There's this one girl, and she has to be my second favorite, that's done possibly the best version of Love is War as of yet.

Guys, meet - Piko!

And her versions of:

Miku Hatsune - Love is War
Miku Hatsune - Black★Rock Shooter
Miku Hatsune - Melt
Miku Hatsune - Dear