Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Merun »

Get the pen tool out then :D
Merun @ Twitter
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell »

solwyvern wrote: So I'm left with nothing to do for a week,...
I need to find something to keep me busy, instead of just 'bumming around' ><;
Holds the drafts for the next pages of mahou shounen :D
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

Merun wrote:Get the pen tool out then :D
Evangeline Mcdowell wrote: Holds the drafts for the next pages of mahou shounen :D
Hmm,.. why not? XD
*takes out pen tool*

• • •

shimmata! I think I've forgotten how to vector! orz
It's been way too long since I last vectored. ><;

Anyway,.. went out to get a new LCD today. A Chimei 21.6" 22QD.
Set up a dual screen environment with my old CRT.

anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Using some custom stylesheets for shuu? Doesn't look too bad ^^

Congrats on the new monitor too. Dual screen is the only way to go :D
e-shuushuu!
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

Thanks^^
Yeah, it's still in the works though, still a few more parts that were left unstyled.

I'll put it up after I finish it if others want to use it.
If you don't mind of course. :D
Merun

Post by Merun »

The enddd, I made my presentation and now I'm in holiday ^_^
Merun @ Twitter
canis

Post by canis »

Wah! Sorry need to relieve some anger... >_<

I HATE most university students here!

The german education was once well known for being very good and all but in the last years it's deteriorating... There were reforms trying to make it more equal to other countries, but they did it all wrong and it's just going down the hill.

So, I understand that there are people trying to save it. I also want universities to be the sanctuary for wisdom and not a mass production factory of "memorizing without reflecting" idiots.

But I don't like the methods some students use to do this. In fact I doubt they even have the right motive and just use "save the education" as an excuse to go on a rampage and get attention.

This week Germany has a "strike week" for education, meaning that in many cities school and university students skip classes and go to town to shout out their anger.
So first... I don't approve of that way to save anything. Just HOW is SKIPPING your classes going to save education?! Protest in your free time! Don't use it as an excuse to RUN AWAY from education!

Second, I also don't like the way how they demonstrate. They block streets and bother people who are really not at fault for anything concerning that. I mean, if you manage to have a hard working guy being late for work and being yelled at by his boss, is that going to save the education? No.

Some months ago there was already a demonstration. To get attention they disturbed the celebration of a new chinese institute in this town. The institute had NOTHING to do with our university problem, on the contrary it is an important connection to china and even chinese ministers where there! And then those ~600 students march there like the french revolution and disturb the celebration because they saw it as a good way to get attention. Well attention they got, but at what price? The chinese ministers must have felt pretty insulted...

And the worst of those attention whores are doing vandalism! They do stuff like to draw (with not erasable markers) on stuff like the white mats that are used for beamer presentations. "Freedom to Education"
Aren't these no-brains really screaming for "Freedom FROM Education"?!

How is damaging parts of the university, the sacred place of education, going to SAVE education?!
I so hate those people who call themselves students and do things like this.

I just want to grab some of them and beat them up so baldy that they never even dare to speak the word "education" out. They are just hypocrites that want a good reason to justify vandalism.
Students like that ARE the reason the education is going down the drain, the government comes second at being at fault if you ask me.
Merun

Post by Merun »

That's quite French to go on a strike for something like that... though we don't deteriorate our university but we do annoy cars by slowing them down ^^;

Anyway by experience, going on strike does work in some case, at least here. Manifestation though are peaceful ( there is even music ( but it's annoying for me ) ), and the strike only last for one day). However with vandalism, it might be really bad for the strike.
Merun @ Twitter
Tavernknight

Post by Tavernknight »

OMG!! I just discovered possibly the greatest thing on earth! Truely this is what the aincient greeks meant when they said food of the gods. People I give you Pizza Flavored Beer!!! http://www.mammamiapizzabeer.com/ourbeer.html
Ecchi Knight of ShuuShuu.
canis

Post by canis »

Nice! °___° And it is even vegetarian. I wanna try!!
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

Seems...pretty hoax-y to me. Badly done inconsistent site and a flavor that...just really seems like it should NOT be put in beer? I have my doubts if this is real.
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^
Oni

Post by Oni »

I would really love to try this, and as Canis said, it's vegetarian, so even better! However, I've developed an intolerance to alcohol....beer especially....I could cry...

T_T
RP Status;
Alys - Changing, evolving
Rein - Uncertain
Nana - Convalescing, uncertain.
mewmew_grl

Post by mewmew_grl »

People seem to be really bored lately, since it's the Summer, and not a lot of people have anything to do. lolz
Nana-chan

Post by Nana-chan »

I am lazy during the summer. I have just been sleeping and catching up on playing video games. I had to get a new controller this week for my ps2 cause I have kicked and stepped on my previous one, one too many times. Now 4th of July is coming up so tomorrow morning I will be on the road for 4 hours. Gonna get to see some fire works while visiting my cousin. Which is cool my mom said we might not be able to she doesn't have her job she got laid off. So I shall report back after I return this weekend if anything even more interesting happens, though I wouldn't expect much xP It's been a rough year.
Yandere Lover ♥ You should run now. . .
Merun

Post by Merun »

Today I went to the Japan Expo, I'm dead tired and CLAMP left me in despair, no signature on my artbook ( was like HUGE QUEUE to meet them )
Merun @ Twitter