The Singing Topic!

Other misc discussion
Kagemaru

Re: The Singing Topic!

Post by Kagemaru »

[sneak]
http://www.divshare.com/download/7447462-295[/sneak]

(Yes, I know there are some parts that didn't really sound right or that sounded VERY out of tune. Try to ignore that, okay? ^^; )
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

It sounded like when you tried to reach the higher/longer notes that you held the mic closer...

But other then that, it's awesome Kage!!
[Signature space. $10]
Minako_Kawashima

Post by Minako_Kawashima »

Temmy wrote:
I know for a fact Temmy is like, the new Nobuo Uematsu!
Hahaha, oh wow. That is quite an over-estimation. But I'm glad you think so highly of my musical ability. m(__)m

I love your Vocaloid covers, Lily! You have a very nice voice!

Since I can't sing worth crap (lol), I played a piano piece - an arrange of the "Shining in the Sky" track from the Clannad soundtrack.
http://www.divshare.com/download/6667832-789
Temmy omgosh! What an amazing job you did playing that Clannad track! it sounded amazing! i played piano when i was little and i feel bad cuz i dont play it anymore. I love this piece, great work! ^^
hey you should play To The Same Heights next! that's an awesome one too
Love Green&Blue? Join the Oldrivalshipping Fanclub at Mangafox.com ^^
platonic

Post by platonic »

AiKaze wrote:
AngelLily wrote:... and I'd rather sing than do college work...
*nod nod* XD same here
:profound nod nod: I second the motion
I have another song (this was actually the first I recorded, and it was for a contest on BoxTorrents), but you can't hear my voice as it should be :cry: Anyway, here it is: http://www.chibits.co.uk/boxtorrents/bx ... uslove.mp3
listening to it for the second time, now. The first few seconds strike me as a little strange, but once the song gets rolling, it's just like listening to Utada Hikaru. (If you disagree w/ my analogy to Utada, please pardon, it's only b/c I haven't listened to much jpop.) Of course, sadly, it suffers from lower production quality, but we all know why that is, so I'm not going to bring it up anymore. Unfortunately I have no tips to offer on achieving superior quality. When I record a vocal, I've never gone back and tried to work on it. It's like a bootleg, I guess.

...going for a 4th run. It has a soothing quality.
platonic

Post by platonic »

I hope you don't consider this evil necromancing, but I just have to comment on something here
AngelLily wrote: Hi! Your friendly neighbor moderator here, Lily-chan!

Once upon a time, I created a topic where everyone could express not only their singing abilities, but share simple messages and show their voices, show themselves! Unfortunately, the topic ended up getting eaten by The Void.
lol
how frequently does the void occur? Hopefully not too often, b/c I just got here.
So, are you willing to show yourselves to me? To share with the community we all care about and love? Then share away!
eek. I'll try, one of these days ^_^"
You don't have to necessarily sing, if you're too shy or if you think you're no good at all. Also, keep in mind this is not some idol contest. It doesn't matter if you're the new Megumi Hayashibara or not. Just have fun, if you like singing along with anime openings and endings' karaokes, or singing in the shower, or singing in your sibling's ear just to annoy them! XD
That's right. At first I too thought I can't sing; I'll come off as pretentious, or something. But when I started going to concerts (I was a late starter, my first one was U2's Elevation Tour when they came around), I realized how much more fun you can derive from a concert if you can sing w/ them.
...btw, I got this funny image in my mind now of Rin singing in Len's ear

I luv this pic...

you know what this means? We must hear Vertigo from you! XP

as for your songs, there are many in this thread, but I picked Spice2 and had it running in a loop I don't know how many times. Beautiful. I'm no connoisseur of jpop, but you and aikaze are really something. Plus, did I forget to mention - I'm sorry, this just blows my mind - you guys are singing in japanese! :O
platonic

Post by platonic »

I retract everything I said in this post. I have reconsidered: In such matters, one should not criticize, albeit constructively, unless one is asked. If you did read it, I sincerely apologize.
Last edited by platonic on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
platonic

Post by platonic »

To Fhant I would just quickly like to say,

I heard Slaughter your world. Parody songs are not really my cup of tea, but it had some cool lines and, best of all, the delivery! Did you take theater classes?
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

platonic wrote:you know what this means? We must hear Vertigo from you! XP

as for your songs, there are many in this thread, but I picked Spice2 and had it running in a loop I don't know how many times. Beautiful. I'm no connoisseur of jpop, but you and aikaze are really something. Plus, did I forget to mention - I'm sorry, this just blows my mind - you guys are singing in japanese! :O
LOL I'd rather not kill a U2 song XD

Thank you, platonic. I'm actually somewhat embarrassed by my recent songs, they're just so bad :/ High notes, Lily, work on them.

Oh, and threads disappear after two months of inactivity... So we need to be careful ^^;
platonic

Post by platonic »

@Temmy

I don't know the original pieces, but if you re-arranged this by yourself, hats off to you. Are you also on ocremix.org?

That reminds me, now that I have my new pc, I gotta dl the entirety.

P.S.: Sorry to have posted 5 in a row, but I didn't want to leave anyone out.
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

platonic wrote:I heard Slaughter your world. Parody songs are not really my cup of tea, but it had some cool lines and, best of all, the delivery! Did you take theater classes?
Well my family is vocally very good (some even in the instrument department) but I never took Theather classes... But thank you for the praise...I should post some more songs here...

Also, please keep the multiple posting to a low, if you want to react to more comments and your post is the last one, please edit then ;)
[Signature space. $10]
platonic

Post by platonic »

AngelLily wrote: LOL I'd rather not kill a U2 song XD
lol
ok, if you have inhibitions about that, watch me beat one down. I swear I'll upload one, one of these days Xp
Thank you, platonic. I'm actually somewhat embarrassed by my recent songs, they're just so bad :/ High notes, Lily, work on them.
If you say so... but I don't even know what a high note is %p
well, somewhat, but I meant what I said: It's a real pleasure to listen to Spice2. Obviously, to understand your point, I'll have to listen to the rest, but having like 10 tabs open in my browser, right now, trying to do some research on software firewalls and wireless networking (so I can finally set up a wireless network in our home, so I don't have to bang heads w/ my brother about the internet, all the time)... I'm defeated. Plus, I haven't checked back on my other forums, yet (small-scale as they are, if I'm not there, turning the wheels, all the time, people will just forget about it).

OK, I just realized this sounds as if I'm carrying the world on my shoulders. It's not at all that bad, but, uncharacteristically, I just couldn't spice it up with some humor.
Oh, and threads disappear after two months of inactivity... So we need to be careful ^^;
Oh, thanks for the advice. That reminds me, I haven't even checked the forum rules, yet. How uncharacteristic of me...
platonic

Post by platonic »

Also, please keep the multiple posting to a low, if you want to react to more comments and your post is the last one, please edit then ;)
I admit, I'm a little nervous around technology. When I type something onto a forum, I just try to read over it once to see I haven't made any gross mistakes, but then I leave it, b/c I don't know if the post or the thread could get messed up if I changed something while somebody else is reacting to it. Is it really all right?
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

So, I hear some people have problem with Audacity... I don't think it's a complicated program at all, so here's a short tutorial on how to record:

I'll be making a tutorial for version 1.3.5, since it's the one I have.

The first step is adding the background track... Otherwise, you'll just sing acapella, and while that's cool, it's much cooler to have the backup track to make a legitimate cover XD This is how you add the backup track:

Keep in mind that, yes, you're going to need a karaoke/instrumental/voiceless version of the song you want, otherwise it just won't work.

So now you have your instrumental track, it's going to look like this:

Here's where you start recording. Yes, that's it! Just click on the "record" button, and the backup track will start playing and you can start singing in the rhythm.

After you record, it's going to look like this:

So, you've done it! You've done your very own cover! But you gotta sample it, right? To see if you got off-key somewhere or anything like that. Click on the "Play" button, and both tracks (the instrumental and the one you recorded) will play together, and you can hear how it sounds.

Now, if by some wicked chance you sang in rhythm, but suddenly your voice plays before/after it was supposed to, what to do?

Well, you can do one of two things:

Zoom in into the first track using this:

Zoom in as much as you feel like zooming. It's going to look sorta like this:

Now, go to the veeery beginning of the instrumental track and delete just a bit of the silence before the song actually starts playing. If your voice is delayed, this could help putting it back in place.

Or you could add some silence to the track you recorded by coming here:

That way, if your voice was coming too early, it might help make it go back in place.

There, one problem solved. But there's one more tricky problem to solve.

So you recorded your voice all pretty and such, and it's in sync, wonderful! But then your voice is so low you can barely hear it over the beat. What to do?

You're going to have these cute little buttons. If you move them forward, the track you've selected will get louder. If you move it backwards, it'll get lower. The best thing to do is do a mix of both making your voice louder and the instrumental track lower. That way, you won't get your voice all distorted in order to make it louder than the beat.

Just be careful not to overdo and make the song too low, and your voice too high, and vice-versa, etcetera.

Now, what you've gotta do is Export the song. Not save it! If you save it, Audacity will save it as a project instead of an actual song.

If you want to save it as an mp3, you're going to have to download a dll from Audacity's site and then load it. It's not hard at all! Otherwise, you can just save it as wav and then convert it to mp3 afterwards, but I find that unnecessary work xP

I hope that helped ^^ If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Who wants to be my Miku in Magnet? :3
Yuki2

Post by Yuki2 »

Oo! I love magnet and I have a high voice! 8D *shot*
Only if you want me to be Lily XP