Donations.... maybe?

Important stuff goes here?
Longbow

Re: Donations.... maybe?

Post by Longbow »

I'm really surprised that there are so many E-shuushuu members, yet so few donate (I count at least 500 members that have logged in since yesterday)... maybe it's not obvious enough that donations need to be made?
US$100 a month on average is a lot to be paying every month to run a site (that so many benefit from) I would think...
Heck, if everyone donated 50c that would cover the costs and some.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

I think a lot of anime fans are young and poor xD
e-shuushuu!
ButterflyIllusioned

Post by ButterflyIllusioned »

And some of us are unemployed. Otherwise, I would. n_n;
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

anonymous_object wrote:I think a lot of anime fans are young and poor xD
thats it. Actually I'm living in a rented house (because of my studies) and living in another city with the help of my parents, because with all the economic mess it's just impossible to get a job (I have been searching for one for about 2 years). If I could work and get some money of course I would donate, but... you know, I just can't do it right now
NekoKero

Post by NekoKero »

anonymous_object wrote:I think a lot of anime fans are young and poor xD
the definition of myself, especially the second part XD
I get like $4 a month and thats from not spending the money I get when given and told that I could get a soda or something plus whatever change I can find (I have $7 in change! whoo!)
Im moving in like a week or atleast soon hopefully and Imma get a job at TGI Fridays and then Ill donate quite a bit ><
samsonium

Post by samsonium »

I have money to donate. I also have an idea. What about a matching program? Whenever someone donates, I would be willing to donate an equal amount (or maybe twice as much if I'm feeling generous).

I have more than $75-100 of disposable income each month but I think it would be better both for me and the community for everyone to pitch in when they can.

What do you think?
NekoKero

Post by NekoKero »

I think double might be too much since then other people would only have to pay $50 combined minimum and it would be better for people to pitch in if they can but Id be willing to do a matching thing too if I could do something like mail money instead since I dont have a paypal account --'
samsonium

Post by samsonium »

I know 2-to-1 matching is a lot but there are reasons why I considered starting that way.

1) Based on the Donation history for 2010, we don't ever come close to hitting $150. I would see getting a combined $50 from the community a brilliant success.
2) Donations as of late have relatively slowed down a lot. Consider that the past four months have had a total of $68 out of $600 (150x4), with none in May. I'd like to make up for lost ground.
3) My hope was to get something kickstarted and scale it back down to 1:1 when more of the community might get involved (but they may not be able to, based on the demographics).

In any case, if there aren't any donations to match, I'll still contribute. Perhaps it might work in reverse.
Julia

Post by Julia »

I would donate, but I've heard a lot of bad things about Paypal, and as a result, I no longer use it. I might be willing to send a check or something, though.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
samsonium

Post by samsonium »

I don't deny that PayPal can be finicky with freezing funds in accounts, but the links on that website date back to 2007. I personally don't keep funds in an account; I primarily use it to use my credit card for small merchants or online donations by smaller organizations.

Any other comments? If possible, I'd like to get the word out but I'm pretty busy and not super active on the board. IRC is somewhat shotty for me and I've had problems staying logged in on the image board, although it seems to have improved lately. I may try an announcement with an image upload later this week but I wanted feedback on this idea before "standing up and rocking the boat", so to speak. Thanks.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Well I use paypal to buy software/game and doujinshi. I have no problem up to now, after 2 year.
Merun @ Twitter
DoomTay

Post by DoomTay »

I have two $50 bills sitting on my desk. If I could, I'd give up one of them for donations
Julia

Post by Julia »

All right, I sent a small donation :)
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Julia

Post by Julia »

Is it possible to donate via Amazon Payments?