FACTS 2009

Other misc discussion
Smithy

FACTS 2009

Post by Smithy »

The weekend of October 17 & 18 the 2009 edition of the FACTS Convention will be held.

This year FACTS changes venue from the center of Ghent to the Flanders Expo halls on the outskirts, meaning more parking space, bigger halls, so it's most likely going to be the largest FACTS yet!

I'll surely be there to check out the anime goods on sale. Last year yielded a moderate loot as I was careful for the budget but I hope to see tons of interesting booths again this year. Any fellow shuushuu members going again this year? (Those going who I've met there the past years, don't hesitate to PM me or text/call me onsite to hang out.)
Fhant

Re: FACTS 2009

Post by Fhant »

I won't be going this year since my bankaccount is at an alltime low (Read: Any trip to anywhere would be painful). So as much of the fun I had last year, I have to skip it.

But if you or Kage find something that I want, don't hessitate to buy it for me! ^_^
[Signature space. $10]
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

I'll be there this year as well. I too hope for more/bigger boots this year because of the changed location. I went to Flanders Expo in the past so I don't know what to expect. I only hope parking will be free (or not charged too much)

I'll be going on the Saturday and maybe on Sunday.
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.
Biba

Post by Biba »

I'll be going too ^_^ Normally I'll be going both days, unless I notice there isn't that much to do like last year. This year it'll be at a bigger location so I hope there will be more booths though.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Met shawurai and Biba at FACTS yesterday, thanks for the fun time guys. ^^

It was a meager turnout of anime figures and anime goods booths this year, nothing new or recent either. Only got 2 figures, Teana Lanster from “Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS” and Sakura from “Penguin Musume Heart”.

Hope there will be more anime stuff next year!
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Just a heads up to the Belgian anime fans, I won't be going to FACTS 2010 this weekend.

Last year there weren't many anime booths and my recent expenditures in photography gear and Dollfie Dream items leave no more room for figures spending alas. (Plus I need to buy a PS3 or PS2 since my PS2 broke.)

If any of you are going, have fun!
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

I'll be going this year but just to cmplet some of my older anime series that I'm missing some volumes from. Chances are I'll get them at a good price at FACTS. I'm not ecpecting much on the goods side. Like you said Smith last year didn't bring much good and I'm afraid this year will be about the same. All I hope is that at least that English guy will be there with his doujinshi as he said he might return this year with more yuri as he had in 2009. However, as he didn't have any known atists or circles in his 2009 selection I'm not hoping so see anything really good if he does show up.
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

Cam back from FACTS today. Worse than last year imo. There was only 3 stads that sold DVD (a small stand that had a very small collection of R1 and R2PAL, 1 that had a good selection of R1 and 1 that had a good selection for both R2PAL and R1). I bought my DVDs from that last one (Super Dragon Toys).
Aside from that there was also 1 very good stand that has a very large collection of brand new audio CDs. They sold every CD for 10 Euro so that was really cheap if you got yourself a couple of soundtracks that you wanted. I bought 2 OSTs there.

Figurines... Well i would say poor selection there were 3 maybe 4 stands there had medium large number of figurines on sale, BUT. only 1 was not-too-expensive. The other stand were asking redicoulusly high prices even for non-popular. A good thing however was that all the sands had some of the latest released figurines on sale (even the Saber Triumphant Excalibur figurine). Why do I poor selection? Well because K-On Figma-Nendoroid and BRS Nendoroid were dominating all the stands (at way too high prices imo).

I would really suggest Made In Asia as an alternative (http://www.madeinasia.be/). It is much small compaired to FACTS but has a much better focus on anime and goods (as it's name is suggesting) + there are interesting prices to win. Last year you could win plane tickets + Japan Rail Pass (both offered by ANA)

Here is what I bought to fill up my DVD collection (+ 2 OSTs):

Kakyuusei 2 – Original Soundtrack
The Vision Of Excaflowne – Original Soundtrack
5cm Per Second
Voices Of A Distant Star
Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebelion R2 - Collector Box 1
Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebelion R2 - Collector Box 2
Fate Stay Night – vol.2
Fate Stay Night – vol.3
Saint Seiya - box 5 (Collector Edition)
School Rumble – Season 1 – Box 1
School Rumble – Season 1 – Box 2
Smithy

FACTS 2011

Post by Smithy »

To the Belgian anime fans, I will be going to FACTS 2011 this weekend! ^^
Not sure if I'll go both days but I'll meet up with fellow DD owners so if any of you want to meet up as well, let me know on my Twitter: @BlueWaveSmithy