The drawing topic!

Talk about images!
Yatchen

Re: The drawing topic!

Post by Yatchen »

This is/will eventually be a gothic lolita android smashing in a telephone pole.
http://gyazo.com/ab5b5295c822d43c19c5c71c5ea146c5.png

And this is a female.
http://gyazo.com/0271d07f661f3e582609f66932026900.png
私は悪魔です。
Rikenta

Post by Rikenta »

I envy all your madskillz. e___e

This is the result of me and no internet.
http://soravalentine.deviantart.com/art ... -193634119

I only like the hair :/
Rest is terrible, as usual.
demon lord ghirahim
LilFlow

Post by LilFlow »

It's so refreshing seeing everyone's pictures~ ^-^

@Rikenta: Don't say it's terrible! I really like it!
So looks so cheeky! :P

I still have some free time before my workshops start up again, so here's some more experimenting: [link]
Playing around with screentoning and greyscale again just to see what I could come up with.
Buligete

Post by Buligete »

Wow, it's nice to see what everybody can do. =D Since I have a deviantart account, I could just link to that, but I haven't done much in the last few months that really shows my latest 'tendencies'. I blame college for that. >3> Anyway.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii14 ... demoi1.jpg

This was an attempt at manga/anime style at like 11pm at night, which is late for me, and another attempt next to it that I just crossed out, and me in my usual drawing style at the bottom. Well, usual. I like to change of style as often as I can, so let's say it was my style that week. (I apologize for the quality, it was taken with my webcam since I couldn't find my cellphone, and I couldn't be bothered to use the scanner on the other computer.)

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii14 ... _space.jpg

And this is a very casual happening ever since I had my laptop and graphic tablet.

EDIT: I've made something else tonight, shows more what I can do. This was made on Corel Painter. And found that there's a layer option. XD Shows how much I've been using it. http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii14 ... sunset.jpg
Last edited by Buligete on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Without copying this time
Merun @ Twitter
TrinityInRainbows

Post by TrinityInRainbows »

Sorry I haven't put anything up lately! I was working on an Anime-Con Mascot contest, And I am put in the top 3! Now, 2 other people and I have to wait till the Convention to see which person won! (I'm nervous) But I can't post it till then... :c Stupid rules. It's really nice! *O*
Anyways! I just finished a line art to something I am going to work on. I'll give you a peek.
(Sorry for the phone picture, I'm too lazy to transfer the pic to my internet laptop)
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g163/ ... ture19.png
Rikenta

Post by Rikenta »

@Buligete: Wow. I really like your art style, it's so pretty! xD

@Trinity: I can't wait to see that finished :D
I hope you win, good luck!

Well, I drew something else, AGAIN. 8D;;
http://soravalentine.deviantart.com/art ... -193921179
I'm still learning colouring >.<;;
demon lord ghirahim
Buligete

Post by Buligete »

@Rikenta Thank you! C: I think your image looks good too.

@Trinity It looks great, despite the method it was taken. XD I hope you win that contest! You must show us when you the contest ends. :3

@Merun It looks good, you did a good job!
TrinityInRainbows

@Buligete: Oh! Of course I will! :3 But, after the 28th Of February is when I can post it. So It's a while. :C

@Rikenta: Thank you! It's going to be pretty I hope.
Sorry for the double post, But I want to show my LineArt in real quality!
:3
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g163/ ... incopy.png
TrinityInRainbows

@Karsha: Welcome to Shuu! Your art is cute! I love your chibi girls. :3
LilFlow

Post by LilFlow »

@Karsha: Welcome~!
Cute pics! Looking forward to seeing more in the future ^-^

Next in my usual Hetalia sequence: Sweden
*Cough* I'm getting a little bored of doing these now... =/
ksen

Post by ksen »

Long time no see, Shuu.
I am from planet otaku.
Buligete

Post by Buligete »

It took me a moment to get it. Then I LOL'd. Good job. XDD
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

Uh~ Finally that comment post i was gonna make... OTL
Before you guys start reading, please not this is MY oppinion and the way I see things.

page 76... first thing I see is Andell and the last pages of the manga... Let's see~
I like how spacey they are, since whenever I start drawing a comic, I somehow end up adding too many panels... no idea why, bad habit though. I like how you managed to position the character, so the panels don't look empty, even though there is nothing else in them. The main anatomy is good, though a few of the more complex poses need a bit work. But that's normal, we're not professionals here, lol. Are you planning on coloring those?

LilFlow's New Year picture~ Really liked that one. The colors are nice and cheery and the characters are just plain cute! The only thing that bugs me a bit is the hand of the girl with blue hair. That is one complex hand there! D: Why'd you chose it? :3

Andell again~
Really nice drawing but the coloring bugs me juuuuust a bit~ If you want to make it a soft coloring, then you'll need more colors for shading and such. Because now from what I see, excluding the red color from the ring, everything else has only a base color and a darker color for the shadow. This would have worked better if you were doing a cell shading, but I think you were aiming for something else :3
Also, a few more details on the clothing would have been nice; maybe buttons on the jacket, or edges on the pants where it was sewn.
Aaand if the ring is the only light source, some of the shadows would have to be a bit different, but that's a whole other story :3

Myu-chan
and her lovely Candance are next. Really pretty OC! owo
Only thing that bugs me is that her crotch would have to be a bit lower, it's too close to the belly button right now. The bracelet on her right hand seems like it's floating. If it's not some special item that does that, then you should concider it more freely falling :3

Merun's image won't load u_u

Rikenta posted a Stocking! o3o
Lemme see~ That pink on her bangs should have been the lower color.. xD The left hand seems just a bit off. Coloring and shadowing seem pretty good, though there are a few little places that could have been shaded differently, but those are barely noticeable, I had to glue my eyes to the monitor and scan the whole image to find those, lol. And maybe a subtle hint for eyebrows would've been good, but as a whole the image is great!
Keep it up, Riken-chan, you really are progressing ^^

..me with a self-portrait.. skipping that >A>

Yacchan! And a maid!
Anatomy: hand that holds the broom is a bit off. Aaaaand her right foot doesn't seem pretty naturally standing. I mean, that's a position dancers make and it hurts like hell (at least it always hurts when I do it) so I doubt she'll do it for no reason =w= Eyebrows play important role in a human's expression. Next time try to make them more ..knitted. With that little smile on her face she'll seem scarier ^^ Other than that she looks great. About the coloring... mm... maybe you could have put some shadow under the apron. Some places seem a bit more shadowed than other, which confuses me where the light source comes from. And buckets are round, so the water would have followed the same shape.

Myu-chan has finished her drawing! Yay!
Needs more shadows! Don't hesitate to use darker colors! if it looks off, you can always pick another color. But right now they're a bit too pale.

AriaHime posted a Gumi. This is where i start demanding on this pic getting some colors, lol
Kudos for the background. I am terribly annoyed by the thought of touching a ruler... lol
Hands could be a bit longer from the elbow down. The palm of the hand is usually as long as your face. While in anime everything is being deformed and that rarely applies a 100%, yours still could use being a bit bigger :]
I'd say change the angle of the feet, but looking at the pic as a whole it is very possible for her to be a little turned to the side, so they aren't really wrong. The only other thing that bothers me is that because of the dress ( i think it's a dress, lol ) I can't tell where her legs begin. But I am having this feeling that they are too short.
Creases of clothing seem great. No idea why you dislike drawing those, lol

(God, how I hate anatomy ;A; It's like..fun killing, lol)

Lil-chan...damn, how do I critique that? D: Looks great!
Small problems with the shadowing, based on the light source, but still...
>3> I wanna color eyes like that too! Boo!

topzter
you depress me! >A>

Merun
Hehe, that is cute! ^^
The differences between the two are noticeable, but I always thought that being able to make something look just like the original is bad, so I am happy yours isn't a 1:1 copy, lol. Eye tracing is a good exercise~

Yatchen
gothic lolita android smashing in a telephone pole
... O_O How on Earth did you create that combo? I swear, it would take me an year of thinking to come up with something like this, lol! Make the back of the dress more rounded, at least where her butt is supposed to be =w= There is something bothering me in the body, but I have no idea what it is. I think I'm just trying too much to find something, lol. And poor telephone pole D:
That second pic is really cute, love her expression! Adorable much ^^
On her right hand the spot where her fingers will be needs to be a bit longer. The area where her elbow is needs to be a bit more curved, looks too straight right now. And make the knees noticeable~

Rikenta
dasdsdasdasdasd! PANTY! <3333
Love this!
And it's not horrible at all! You're overreacting! The only thing that needs a bit of a change would be her left hand. The parts from the shoulder to the elbow and from the elbow to the wrist are of same length.

A wild Buligete has appeared! o3o
Welcome to this part of Shuu forums I guess. Lovely art you has there, yes yes~
I hope you plan to post often here :3

Merun
...my neck hurts ;w;
Oh how I hate drawing palms like this ;A; hard as hell!
Yours seems fine, but it could have been juuuuuuuuust a bit bigger. Like I told Aria-chan, IRL it's as big as your face (most of the time, ofc).

Trinity
Good luck in that contest! I am really curious to see what you've made for it.
As for that Rin pic~ No idea why, but I think one of those eyes should change position a teensy bit... Either the closed one goes up, or the other goes down.
It might just be me being crazy, though.

Rikenta a flame like that would be a strong light source. This will create big and strong shadows around.

Another newcomer! 0w0
Welcome, karsha. Really cute art, interesting style you have there :3

Lil-chan, from that angle, the shoulder that is further from the viewer should be the smaller one c:

Hey, ksen! Welcome back! ^^
Cute art, is that Wii-tan?
;w; i am so bad with consoles, I only have my laptop and my NES, lol.
I feel so lame xD

and...i finished a meme last night... I started working on it October 2010. Goes to show how much of a slowpoke i am most of the time.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/ ... 37nmqa.png
lots of anatomy mistakes... anddddd~ i came to realise once more i can't draw backgrounds.
ehm~ she's the main character of the story where originally my RP characters came from, lol.
This meme was fun, though.

edit: Holy muffins! Wall of text! x_x
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands