Efficiently checking for images already on Shuushuu?

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
Artifex

Efficiently checking for images already on Shuushuu?

Post by Artifex »

I recently joined Shuushuu and have quite a collection of pictures. I would like to upload any that are not up, but am afraid of going mad from the process of rooting through them all one by one. Does anybody have any tips or methods on efficiently checking for images that may already be on Shuushuu?

Thanks much!
~Artifex
"To love another person is to see the face of God." - Les Miserables

"Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. . . . There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for." - Sam, The Two Towers
Hopeful_Encounter

Re: Efficiently checking for images already on Shuushuu?

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

Shuu has something specifically for this actually. ^_^

If you go under "Search" at the top of webpage, look on the left hand side and you will see a little box with separate links. Click on the second one that says, "Similar Images", and from there you can find if Shuu has the image or not.

Here is the link: http://e-shuushuu.net/search/similar/

I hope this has helped!
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
Artifex

Post by Artifex »

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I do know about the "Similar Images" function of the site, which is an amazing help in finding images. I suppose my problem is trying to see which of my hundreds of pictures are on Shuushuu without doing the "Similar Images" for each one. I'm afraid I don't have the computer speed nor patience for that method. ^_^;

I have thought of just searching artist by artist and comparing what I have to Shuushuu that way, which seems like the best plan at the moment, but I just wanted to know if there was any other possible means I could use before going ahead.

"Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. . . . There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for." - Sam, The Two Towers
Hopeful_Encounter

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

Ah I see. Well then, I'm not too sure about how to search for multiple images at once. I don't think it's possible here on Shuu....I've been here for awhile now and I have not heard of that before. Anyway, You will either have to search one by one, or like you said, search by artists.

Hopefully someone else will have a better option for you. I'm sorry for not being of much help. *bows*
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

The moment I read "and have quite a collection of pictures" and "going mad from the process of rooting through them all one by one" I wanted to refrain from mentioning the similar search engine.

Well anyway, unless you make or find a multi similar search engine we can only suggest that you use our similar search engine.
Last edited by Tensa on Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Artifex

Post by Artifex »

Ok. I had hoped there might be an easier way, but I'll just have to gird my loins and use what I've got. I thank you both for your help.:)

Julia

Post by Julia »

It would be super cool if someone invented a thing that would take a folder of images and run them all through a similar search engine.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Merun

Post by Merun »

Hmm... interesting idea.
Merun @ Twitter
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

o3o is that even possible?

aaaanyways;
@Artifex:
The way I did it when I joined shuu was to check a few images a day from my folders and the rest - upload from the web, since those are easier to check and it's faster with them.

after a while I stopped checking from my computer, because I am pretty sure there aren't much un-uploaded images left on it x3
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Merun

Post by Merun »

Yeah it's kind of possible, I just checked a bit what was needed to code. There are just few problems: I need time, motivation, and I'm not sure site owners will be happy to be spammed. Though basically, uploading several file at once ( not folders ) and recover the result from several image search website.
Merun @ Twitter
Thursday

Post by Thursday »

Urk, familiar with this problem. When artists have ten million pages of work on Pixiv and you're similar image searching all of them because of the one that might be on Shuu that needs a tag and it never seems to end- @.x A mass search would be nice, I agree.

In your particular case, I might do it by artist, if you have specific collections of artists. Go to the artist's tag on Shuu, set the mode to "thumbnail view", and just scroll through until you have an idea of what of theirs is on Shuu, so you won't need to similar image search them one by one. Of course this won't be too useful if what you're looking through isn't large numbers by a single artist, but it might help!
DoomTay

Post by DoomTay »

Just skimmed the posts, and no one seems to be bringing up that you will be notified as you upload an image when there is one similar to the one you are uploading.
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Yes but if it's not in the rage of 80% or 90% I don't think it will show up.
I'm talking about edited image.
But that as well is a waste of time. Writing all those tags and finding out that it's already there.
Merun

Post by Merun »

DoomTay wrote:Just skimmed the posts, and no one seems to be bringing up that you will be notified as you upload an image when there is one similar to the one you are uploading.
Obviously, no one considered it a en efficient method. More like a last resort.
Merun @ Twitter