How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
Quenlin

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Quenlin »

My stepdad who is an awesome guy to put up with me for seven years has been living with a cancerous mass in his lungs for months now, and it's not looking good for him. Even my confidence in how long he has left has shattered to where I don't think he'll see my 23rd birthday in may. This guy has worked hard even though he's physically weaker than I am, tolerated me, and taught me more than my real dad, and calling him that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Meanwhile my piece-of-**** real "dad" who can't keep his damn lips away from a bottle of vodka for the sake of his only son is probably wringing unemployment for all it's worth, and owes six years of child support which I plan to squeeze out of his useless drunken white-trash ass even if it puts him out on the street.

Times like this I wish patricide wasn't frowned upon.
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis
Hopeful_Encounter

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

Quenlin,

my heart goes out to you and I'm deeply sorry for all the pain your going through right now. Your Stepfather sounds like a wonderful man. How I wish a cure could be found for cancer. My Grandma is just now getting over breast cancer. Please try to keep hope alive and do your best to stay confident. Take a day at a time. Good thoughts and wishes go out to your stepfather, you, and your loved ones. I shall say a prayer for him.
May your days get better. I hope your stepfather starts to recover. Have faith and don't lose hope.

As for your biological father, well, just know that I can feel your pain. I have had some problems with my father as well. It's a shame that he has missed out on your life. Please don't say things like patricide though. That wouldn't change or solve anything. You don't want to be that type of person anyway. Someday, hopefully, your father will turn around and realize his wrong doings. I'm sorry for the heartache he has caused you.

I'm glad though you have someone like your Stepfather in your life. That is something truly special. Again, I wish you all the best. Take care.
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

Thanks Hope, and trust me, I've given him more chances than a slot machine. Steven is dead to me at this point and I'd sooner admit to being a bastard than his son. That's the level of hatred I hold for him.
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

It might sound like a dull answer, but look at the bright side: At least you had the chance to know someone you went along with. I also had issues with my father (Having, I'm afraid they are not over yet), I know it's hard, but hating is not the answer. You know, 'Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

I'm not good at giving advice, but still...
You shouldn't hate people, no matter what, is how I see things. When someone has hurt you badly, just erase them. I am telling you this, because hatred is a really strong negative emotion and my mother was diagnosed with MS due to stress and negative emotions; So for your own sake just let it pass. You can seek revenge if you want, but still, don't cause something harmful to yourself because of someone else.

I know how you feel about your father, I have been through the same. My real father is a man that doesn't deserve anything good in life but unfortunately karma got back on him by making my baby sister suffer. It's sad that the child has to pay for that horrible man's mistakes, but I guess that's fate's way of showing him that he was wrong.

Also, I'm really sorry to hear that for your step father. Mine's a wonderful person too and I don't even know how I'll handle it if something ever happened to him ;__; I'll pray for your step-dad!
*hugs*
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
yuna

Post by yuna »

Aw Quen, sorry to hear about all you're going through, (makes me feel like a jerk for my comment asking for attention before). No one deserves to feel as much pain as you are now, and I know how hard it must be for you. Cancer is no joke; it almost tore my family apart too. All you can do is hope and pray for the best. I wish your stepdad all the best and I pray he recovers too. He sounds like a great man. Try your best to smile when he's around; it'll help keep his spirits up.

As for your biological dad, I'm sorry he's putting you through this, but you can't really hate him that much, can you? Like people have said, hatred is not the answer. You can't change how awfully someone has chosen to live their life; and it's unfortunate that you suffered as a result of it too. Hatred will only eat away at you and make you a bitter person inside and out. So please, try, all I'm saying is for you to try to not think about how much you hate him; just don't think about him at all. Focus on the positives happening in your life. You'll see that when you look at the silver-lining, things will eventually be looking-up.

I'm praying for you and your stepdad! <3 Keep your chin up Quen. We love you!
BamBam;

Post by BamBam; »

I wish your step dad luck, I have second hand lung cancer in one half of my lung due to my biological father.
I dislike my step dad too, and I hated my father.
He died a year ago due to failure in his lungs from smoking at least three packs a day.
I know how you feel exactly about your biological father. My father physically and emotionally ruined me for life, and there is a deep scar running were he left me. I hated him, very much, I'm sure by the way you put it you could understand.

Even after how horribly he treated me, it's to much to describe how much he hurt me..
I still have some sense of guilt in my heart for hating such a poor excuse for a man like him.

Hate is a strong word, like what Rabbit said, because I know somewhere deep within me I still had some love for this cowardly, sick man called my father. Sometimes I wish it didn't have to end this way, because I hate my relationship with my step dad, sense he ignores me and treats me like some dirty piece of toilet paper. He does love my mom, and I respect that about him sense he keeps her happy.
Instead of hating your father, feel bad for him.
I mean.. if you really think about it, he's just suffering as much as you are to remain alive in this world.

Were only human, we all make mistakes, even parents.

Karma is also one thing I believe in, treat others the way you want to be treated, and life will treat you better because of it.
I wish you the best bro! Hope everything get's better. :) Just remember your not alone.
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

Thanks, really just needed to get my opinion of him off my chest. He's one of those people that you could show video evidence to of his own misdeeds and have the testimony of his own mother and he would still blame someone else.
yuna

Post by yuna »

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you shuuers who live in America!!!
Hopeful_Encounter

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

Lately my grandma (her name is Norma) has been having some health problems. Her legs have been swelling up on her, because her legs tend to retain water, and the doctor found a little lump on her thyroid. However, he thinks it's noncancerous and that she will be just fine. She has having a biopsy though this coming Thursday, to get the lump off of her thyroid. I can tell it has been making her feel a bit down and I'm a bit worried for her. I know she will be fine though, she's an amazingly strong woman. She has been cancer free for over a year now (she had breast cancer) so I know she can overcome these problems right now.

Anyway, please send any prayers, wishes, good thoughts, etc. for my Grandma. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. ^_^
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Aww, I hope your grandmother get better. Old people has all sort of health problem, and before you know it, they are gone :/ I no longer have any grandparent, and never had the chance to take care of them, nor hear their stories.

On another note, I have finished editing my 78 000 words. I cut out some chapter, rewrote one chapter, changed quite a number of sentence, added some content so right now I have 79 930 words, 2nd draft version. Knowing myself, I could edit ad eternam as I will hardly ever be satisfied by my level of writing. Sadly it's bound to remain raw. Maybe I should read some English novel, but reading novel is not really my forte. Never was a man of literature.

For now, small break. Editing is more annoying to me than writing. I will think a bit about putting this first arc online. Aside of raw writing, there is some pacing issue imo. And lasty, I don't even have a title for this story… lol

Also, next year, I plan to try NaNoWriMo. Story is already in head; it's a complete rewriting of what I wrote last year. Cut the fat, get to the point. I even have a title: " Seed of Eden".
Merun @ Twitter
yuna

Post by yuna »

Hopeful_Encounter wrote:Lately my grandma (her name is Norma) has been having some health problems. Her legs have been swelling up on her, because her legs tend to retain water, and the doctor found a little lump on her thyroid. However, he thinks it's noncancerous and that she will be just fine. She has having a biopsy though this coming Thursday, to get the lump off of her thyroid. I can tell it has been making her feel a bit down and I'm a bit worried for her. I know she will be fine though, she's an amazingly strong woman. She has been cancer free for over a year now (she had breast cancer) so I know she can overcome these problems right now.

Anyway, please send any prayers, wishes, good thoughts, etc. for my Grandma. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. ^_^
You know you can always PM me. I love you dear! Stay strong!
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

My stepdad may only have a few days left right now. My feelings can be summed up as a cross between "**** everything about this" and "Great, just fucking great, this is all I need". I'll be going to the hospital shortly.
Zerky_Colly

Post by Zerky_Colly »

I wish you luck. Im sorry for your loss. **Hugs**
I want to eat your heart
yuna

Post by yuna »

We're here for you Quen...PM me, when you can.