Woot! New Goodies!

Other misc discussion
Merun

Re: Woot! New Goodies!

Post by Merun »

It arrived just now? xD Anyway, it's still a big one lol.
Merun @ Twitter
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

Yes, well got it this week as I only submitted the shipping requests earlier this month. It arrived last week while I wasn't home and I only had time to pick up the packages at the post office yesterday afternoon. At least it is here now. I still need to figure out where to hang up the scroll as I'm starting to run out of usable wall space :p
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Starting with the loot for the end of the year…. I expect that I will post several time in this topic in the next 2 months lol.

Received during lunch Kasugano Sora, by Alter. Extremely cute >o<. She came with 2 hair styles :3
Merun @ Twitter
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

Argh mine is still blocked at customs (has been 3 days now :x )
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.
Merun

Post by Merun »

That's suck :( I hope my package from HLJ and BK1 will get through the custom without problems.
Merun @ Twitter
boele

Post by boele »

shawurai wrote:Argh mine is still blocked at customs (has been 3 days now :x )
maybe a little late response but why ?
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

Honestly I don't know. They often find a reason to block it. When it gets blocked it is always for the same reason. They need proof that you paid for the goods and confirmation that it is for "personal use". I find this really stupid as it is obvious that it is for personal use. If I was going to sell the goods I wouldn't order the goods using my own name but them name of a store and I wouldn't order just 1 item but a set of 20 (just an example). And sure I had to pay for it. Since when it ordering stuff free? Would they send something over if you didn't pay? People at customs are stupid.

On top of that they always charge 21% VAT on the goods they block. This is also the case if the descriptions says :"DVD and Books". You're left with all the trouble because they are too lazy to make a difference in the value of the books and the DVDs. It makes a huge difference considering books are charged with only 6% VAT.

When they check your package there's also the problem that they keep your invoice. Usually you get 5 pages of documents with the package iirc. 1 page of those pages is the invoice and 2 others are the customs declaration documents. Well instead of using the declaration document they use they invoice itself. Not that big of a deal you might think but it is to me as the details of your order are on the invoice and you don't get the documents back once they checked it. You get the customs declaration document back but that one only has a vague description and only mentions the value of the goods and nothing about shipping charges and other details like discounts. This is a big deal for me as I keep track of everything I spend money on and I keep all of my invoices printed out in binders. Not easy when you don't get the invoice back after your packages got checked out.

Sadly I'm getting used to this and I often have to call them at one time or another of the delivery. I even took the trouble of adding their mail adress in my contacts list... :(

The only service I can't complain about are those from courier services like DHL and FedEx. They always fill in the customs the way it should be but you'll always have to pay charges as they take care of all the paperwork themselves (not the case with regular postal services) The only little thing you need to ba carefull about is the currency conversion. They sometimes change that a bit and you can end up paying more or less depending on the value and goods.

As you can see I'm clearly unhappy about the customs in my country.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Post office screw up or annoying neighbors, I don't know. I have been waiting for 1 month for an artbook loot, and today I got the delivery notification. It was already delivered on the 14th…

Moreover, it's missing the Pixiv Calendar 2012. I have no idea where it's… blame post office or shop? I fear though that it might be in another package, because the calendar couldn't fit in the box…

On another note, I'm in Paris so not at home, and I'm waiting for a figurine. SAL shipping has been extremely slow… I just hope I will be able to get it when I get back home.
Merun @ Twitter
Merun

Post by Merun »

Got them yesterday. As I expected, the Pixiv Calendar came in another package… Funny how something sent the same day, from the same place, arrived a good week latter.

Next part is a figurine by Kotobukiya, Melty from Shining Hearts, designed by Tony Taka. Custom didn't miss it >.<

Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

I assume she's meant to be holding her hat from the package...it looks like she is in a frightened pose, lol.
私は悪魔です。
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

Is it just me or was there no Tinkle doujinshi at C81
Merun

Post by Merun »

shawurai wrote:Is it just me or was there no Tinkle doujinshi at C81
There was none :(. Instead, they released the title of their next artbook xD This one I will preorder limited edition if available ( didn't order a LE for some time xD )

Speaking of C81… thank you euro for falling like crap >.<. This is going to be expensive. And I'm already looking at korean goodies… *sigh*
Merun @ Twitter
Julia

Post by Julia »

Oh hey, the "My Girlfriend is the President" that I preordered last may just got here today... if only my computer motherboard hadn't failed two weeks ago... :(

(Actually it doesn't make that much of a difference, since I can usually find no time to play computer games... I still have barely started on "Hourglass of Summer" which I bought in 2010.)
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

3 packages arrived this past week but it was only just today that I had some time to take pictures.

First was an amazon package with 3 artboosk:

Next was a pacakge of BD
Horizon vol.2 Limited Edition and Mashiroiro vol.1 First Press

The final package contains part of my C81 loot. There's still a blanket that I'm expecting from Feng, but that one is re-release mailorder that only ships end of this month.

So for C81 I got Debonosu set (not included in the image is the cardboard illustration as I already put that away in a binder)

WNB goodies set (not included in the image are the k-on stick posters. Already in a binder)

Hisuitei full set. Once again a damn expensive set. The MF towel is a B1 size.

Merun

Post by Merun »

Some more loot which I should have posted over the two last month:

First C81 loot: Image

Some korean doujinshi + C81:

And the gamer within me has awoken:

So far finished Uncharted, most of the solo of WipEout 2048. I'm arealdy expecting Gravity Rush/Daze, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward / Extreme Escape: Good People Die ( sequel to 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 doors ), and Ys: Celceta no Jukai. I could also grab some Ciel Nosurge because Ion is so cute be no speak moonrune xD.

Upcoming loot is for the end of march, some artbooks. And on my wishlist, there is another set of artbook from Korea which I would like to get, later this year, perhaps around June, I may try to build my own gaming rig with an Ivy Bridge. I have some demanding computer game and I also would to freaking emulate the Wii flawlessly in HD. Of course, C82… orz moneyyyy
Merun @ Twitter