How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
yuna

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by yuna »

demon_turtle1028 wrote:Does anyone know a good guy website to go to?
Zerochan.net allows you to post boy images.

I start classes tomorrow...It sucks because I've been really depressed lately. I hope I can get my AA this semester, but I have to talk with my counselor. Fingers crossed. The plan is to transfer to a University.
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

How can a day of good things and good progress turn bad? Like this:

I am planning to cosplay Rubicante from Final Fantasy IV on a convention in less than a week. So naturally it's a crunch time for me. I still need to do lots of stuff and I bought all the items I needed yesterday. Including a papermaché mask I needed to paint and modify. I was working on it for roughly an hour and when the paint dried, I tried it on. So I checked it and I edited it some more.
After that, I made a list on what more to get to finish him.
Just for progress sake(In London MCM Expo you need progress pictures if you want to join the Masquerade and I don't know if I or a group will join with me), I took a picture of me with the mask on and put it on Twitter and Facebook. The first reply was from a dear friend (mind you, this person was ready for me when I needed it.) saying I look scary and I "Need to go away".

This shocked me. I mean, I don't see myself as a good cosplayer (There are some way better then I am that I personally know, and some of they even are rooting for me) and with me being pretty insecure about cosplaying (Body and size), I feel that I was brought down. Sure I can't sew for the life of me, but I always try and make my character look look in other ways like poses and voice. This just screwed up my evening. And even though it's a "joke", I think I have a right to get mad at the person. But then...I feel that I will break or at least damage a friendship.

In other news of me, I have applied at diffrent job agencies that specialize in IT. And I have applied for unemployment benefits, so that I at least have SOME money to keep myself afloat.
And I may be moving to another city.

Well, that's all about me.
[Signature space. $10]
demon_turtle1028

Post by demon_turtle1028 »

I hope you get over your depression, soon and good luck :)

Fhant, I've seen pics from you with the member's pics and I think you look fine! Your body and size isn't a problem and whoever thinks it is needs to go get their priorities straight. I know jokes can sometimes hurt peoples' feelings, but if they didn't really mean that then you shouldn't take it to heart. Whenever I look at your cosplaying images it brings a smile to my face. :)
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally." - Izaya
TwinofPower

Post by TwinofPower »

Do you guys remember your first love? I sure as hell remember mine. He still means a lot to me, and he was my best friend.
I love him so much. The only problem with me is that I tend to get overly jealous whenever he gets a new girlfriend. I know that I will never be "his girl" and that it's only a fantasy I keep playing over and over in my head. I can't help it. He's the only guy I know that looks at me as a girl, and not just a sack of lard. I just want that fantasy to be real, but I know that it's never going to happen. ...Well, one of my fantasies is to just find someone to love me for who I am, but I don't think that's going to happen either.
Julia

Post by Julia »

Okay, I need some advice. I met a guy online through a online game, and I guess I was a little too flirty with him, and led him on a bit. But I have since then told him multiple times I only want to be friends. He just goes "It's okay, because we are friends", but he doesn't seem to get it. He keeps messaging me like "Hi honey" or "*kiss*" whenever he sees me on Facebook. I tell him to stop it and he's like "oh but it's only because I love you!" And I don't really know anything about him, since all he ever talks about is how much he loves me and wants to come visit me. How do I get rid of this annoying guy who keeps thinking he has a chance after I have told him I just want to be friends?? (And I'm not sure we could even be friends, since we can't even have a conversation without him flirting with me!) I don't want to hurt his feelings, but I have tried to be nice and it doesn't seem to get through to him! Do I have to say something as rude as "Stop contacting me! We are never going to be together and I don't like you!" ?
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Crimson_Camelia

Post by Crimson_Camelia »

@Julia I think you should give him an ultimatum: either he stops acting this way or you will never ever contact again.
Since you already tried to say it gently and it not worked, you need to be trenchant. He may still hope that you would 'give up' and return his feelings if he will be obtrusive long enough. So, although it sounds cruel, you need to crush it.

@Twin I guess that "The pain you feel is a proof you are still living" sentence won't cheer you up. However, I hope you will find your happiness either with him or someone else you fall in love.
Hopeful_Encounter

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

@Twin-chan: I'm guessing you're referring to your last boyfriend my friend? Or is this another boy? Love can be painful, no matter what type of love it is. I know you have been going through a hard time, having both your bad and good times. You're still very young though Twinny and you're going to meet more wonderful people in your life. Like the saying goes, there are plenty of other fish in the sea. I know this boy may seem like the one, but if he hurt you like that, is he really? It may take some time to get over him and you may not fully ever get over him, but I know you will meet someone who will treat you good. They will not think of you as a "sack of lard," which is a terrible thing to say about yourself. Don't you ever think of yourself as that. I know that not every single person thinks of you in that way, and there probably aren't any who think of you like that. You're very sweet girl, so I can't imagine anyone truly disliking you. Someone who judges solely on appearances must not be a very nice person, so if someone did think of you as "ugly," then you certainly wouldn't want to have them in your life. You will find someone who will love you for both your outside AND inside. Hopefully more so for your inside; your true self. I honestly do believe that there is someone out there for everyone and that even though it may take a lifetime, you will find this person. Sitting at home and fantasizing about a true love will not make it come true. You need to get out there in the real world, meet some people, and just be yourself. Be confident in who you are and if you're truly unhappy with something about yourself, then you do have the power to change it. Change it for YOU though, not for someone else.

Enjoy your time being single (and your youth!) Twin-chan. There are many other things in this world that you should be enjoying right now, instead of focusing on or wishing for a romance. I know it's easier said than done to get over these feelings, so you just need to take a day at a time and try to make the most of each day. Don't let your fantasies, jealousy, and/or worries take a hold of you. It helps to talk about your feelings with those close to you, or you could even create a story/write down how you're feeling. You can express your feelings in a positive way. I wish you all the best in the world my friend and I hope that someday you will meet your special someone (which I'm sure you will). Also know that you aren't alone. There are many people who have felt or feel the same way you do. I have had similar feelings as well.
Please feel free to message me whenever you want to talk. ^^ You know you always can. *hugs*

@Julia: Well you should probably apologize to him first. If you feel like you were truly letting him on and being flirty with him, then you should first say your sorry for making it seem that way. I know you didn't mean any harm by it and sometimes people can be flirty even when they don't know it. Then just tell him how you honestly feel about this situation. Tell him he is making you feel uncomfortable and that he needs to stop it. If he is your "friend" then he should understand and just try and let it go. However, if he continues this creepy behavior and doesn't listen you, then yes, you should be upfront and tell him to back off. Block him if you can so he will stop messaging you. The internet can be a dangerous place, so please don't ever let any of your personal information get to him (especially since he's asking you where you live). This guy could be a major creeper for all we know.

Good luck Julia. I hope he will stop antagonizing you and treat you better. If he doesn't the next time you tell him how you feel, then I would say bye-bye. Sometimes people need to get slapped a little to realize what they're doing. I know it may seem mean, but he needs to mature.
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

@Julia He's going to keep bullying you until you give in or you snap. I advise you to just cut him off. Doesn't seem like he's worth being friends with in the first place.

@Twin I don't think there's much to add that Hopeful hasn't said already, but you're going to find another, wonderful boy who loves you and who you love back, and you'll look back on your first love fondly because he as *first* but he's not the *only*. It's hard to let go.
I recently broke up with my boyfriend and first love of two years; it was awful. He's dating someone else. Sometimes I see him around talking to his girlfriend, and it hurts. But I know I haven't missed my only shot. You haven't either. Sometimes the bravest, strongest thing is being able to hold your heart together, and I just know you're a strong lady.
私は悪魔です。
Julia

Post by Julia »

Thanks for all the advice guys. I talked to him again and he seems to have got the message this time. His conversations with me since then have become less "romantic" and more like how normal friends talk.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

The other day. ..my son callled me "Dad". .. sounded more like "Dahhhhdeee" but I could tell his little heart was trying. We dressed him up as Tigger from Winnie The Pooh for halloween.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
Artifex

Post by Artifex »

The past few months have been pretty eventful for me. My older brother got married to his fiancé, obtained his Ph.D in engineering physics (we can call him a doctor now!), and is moving with his wife out to the mid-west from the east coast, all in a matter of 2 months! :shock: They had a beautiful wedding, and I'm very glad I could be there for it. I'll miss having both of them around, but I know it's what they have to do for their new life together.

As for me, I just finished writing my senior thesis for my bachelor's degree in political science this past school semester. I was a bit nervous about writing it at first, but I really began to enjoy researching the topic. I don't think I could have gotten through it otherwise. :P And on a more solemn note, my great-great aunt just passed away the other night at the ripe old of age of 101. Our prayers go out to her, that she may rest in peace.

I hope all y'all on Shuu are doing well; and if I don't get to say it later, have a blessed Christmas season. ^_^
"To love another person is to see the face of God." - Les Miserables

"Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. . . . There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for." - Sam, The Two Towers
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

Congratulations on obtaining a sister~ I hope the newlyweds have a bright and happy future together! <3
Will you have to protect(?) your thesis? I know usually bachelors have to do those kind of things... Good luck with your studies! Don't overwork yourself!
And sorry about losing your grandma. I'm sure she's happy and in a better place. 101 is a very impressive age!

After many years I finally found contact with my Japanese teacher. For some reason I never got the idea to look for her on FB (derp) and the other day I found her pretty easily (japanese/english name mix - pretty unique). Today she accepted my request and sent me a cute little message
Happy HOliday! Iliana-san! Ogenki desuka? Contact Arigatou, Ureshiiwa.
It made me very happy (which means a lot, considering my bad mood today) and I sent her a wall of text... tee-hee~
Oh, and if anyone here likes music and teenage comedies, you should go watch Pitch Perfect. I did last night and I became obsessed with it and all the awkwardly adorable characters...
I'll stop rambling and go sulk some more now.
Night, shuuligans <3
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Artifex

Post by Artifex »

RockRabbit wrote:Congratulations on obtaining a sister~ I hope the newlyweds have a bright and happy future together! <3
Will you have to protect(?) your thesis? I know usually bachelors have to do those kind of things...
Yeah, it's nice to have another sister... To add to the five I already have. :lol: The boys are now outnumbered even more. :P

Also, yes, I did have to give a thesis defence at the end of the semester. It was a brief presentation of my thesis, answering any questions my advisor, other professors, or fellow classmates had, and then a discussion. I feel it could have gone better, but I think it went pretty well all the same.

I'm glad you were able to find your Japanese teacher and boost your mood a little. It's always a great feeling getting in touch with someone after a long time. Hang in there!
"To love another person is to see the face of God." - Les Miserables

"Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. . . . There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for." - Sam, The Two Towers
Biba

Post by Biba »

I'm not sure if everyone reads this thread, and maybe I don't want everyone to read this anyway. I wanted to respond on the board but then I thought that wasn't a good place and I remembered this thread (and yes, I do read everyone's messages on here, I'm sorry I never respond). So I think it would be fine to post this here and not on the board, although it isn't exactly about my day.

I'm actually not sure what to say now ^_^; I've always been wondering why people post stuff like that whenever I post an image or a comment and that actually makes me scared to post. I'm sorry if I'm being all serious. I suppose it's some kind of joke? I guess I'm ruining it now then. I know I don't post a lot but it's hard for me to post things on public boards and stuff because my social phobia even extends online. Often I feel like I want to respond, but then I get scared it'll be awkward and I realize everyone will be able to read what I post and then I can't. I'm also not good at making jokes like everyone else, because I'm always scared it won't be funny. That's why I only post when there's a "reason" to do so, and even then I'm afraid. I'm actually trembling right now and I feel like I shouldn't actually post this but somehow I want to anyway because I don't want to keep running away >_< I just felt like I finally had to respond in some way when it seems like people are trying to make contact with me, but I'm never sure what to do. I really hope it really wasn't people making fun of me.

I remember when I first came to Shuushuu I actually didn't have so much trouble posting and responding to people, and I was a lot better at dealing with people online than in real life. A lot happened though and after a while I even became afraid online. I know most people here are good people though so I don't think you'll make fun of me for this. And I hope that will explain why I rarely post anything. If it's just some joke when people have to point it out whenever I post something I guess they can keep doing that but it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. I'm sorry about that >_< If I know people don't do it to make fun of me I probably won't care as much anymore though.
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell »

I can surely say that people don't to it to make fun of you Biba. You should have confidence in yourself more! Its merely pointed out because you posting is indeed a rare occurrence (like finding a three leaf clover), and like you said, they merely want to communicate (on shuu after all, our main method of communication would be words on a screen). And as a beloved member of this community, of course we would love to talk with you every now and then... even if its only about silly things like tossing pokeballs to capture you.

p.s.
i don't comment as much on the board myself, but am available on the shuu irc chat if anyone needs help.