"No source" tag

Have a good idea? Let us know
Quenlin

"No source" tag

Post by Quenlin »

Even though there is a way to search for images without a source but is purposely hidden from normal users, it is very server-intensive to where it can take 15-20 seconds to generate the page for a single query per page. It's clearly heavily unoptimized.

I think that any image that has no source tag on it should have an invisible tag placed automatically, and can be searched by putting in "No source". I think that would run much smoother.

To put into perspective, there are approximately 110,000 images with no source and it takes 15-20 seconds to generate, while Long Hair has approximately 362,000 images and generates in a quarter of the time.
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis
Merun

Re: "No source" tag

Post by Merun »

Implementing invisible tag would take some time as it's not a mere tag. Decision is left to the admin whether or not the function gained is worth it or not.
Merun @ Twitter
YukiMay

Post by YukiMay »

I personally think that this is a good idea. Some people might not want an image to be in certain anime/manga/game/etc.
Purella Lacelle

Post by Purella Lacelle »

I think this is a great idea, the only problem would be trying to find all the sourceless pictures and tag them. (Unless there's some way for them to be tagged audimatically?)
tw
Lyrical Magical tw-chan

Post by tw »

It's better to make it a "virtual" tag with special search parameters than it is to actually tag images with it. I think this is doable, but you'd have to bring it up with anony. I've pointed out this thread to him.

Same with "no characters" and "no artist". This would make searching for untagged images easier.
YukiMay

Post by YukiMay »

I think there should be an automatic system where if you didn't fill in a source then press submit, the tag 'no source' will automatically be included. For example, if you add the tag 'glasses' and then press submit, the tag 'glasses' will automatically become 'megane'.
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Erm........... http://i.imgur.com/4eqtIl3.png
Anyway, 'megane' is an alias of 'glasses'.
And your suggestion will cause problems. I want to search for characters named "abc", so I do just that. But no one said I want to search with a specific source. What happens then? My search omitting images with the character 'abc' that are under source tags? Thus I conclude that your suggestion will have more repercussions than any benefit it may have.
Crimson_Camelia

Post by Crimson_Camelia »

Tensa wrote:Erm........... http://i.imgur.com/4eqtIl3.png
I think this is only available for taggers and moderators.
I'm not sure though. I checked it only being logged out, since as tagger I have this feature, but maybe this is one of things that only logged users can use...
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Ah, yes. I forgot about that. Had a similar conversation with Lily a long time ago.