How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
Merun

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Merun »

I sure would like to get some drawing lesson.

Anyway, I guess most people don't know, but when I joined Shuu, I was in highschool. Yesterday, I just had my final presentation at college. Today I finished my internship. I have to wait for the result, but considering what was told to me yesterday, there is a high chance that from now on, I'm an engineer ;)
Merun @ Twitter
Hopeful_Encounter

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

Merun wrote:Anyway, I guess most people don't know, but when I joined Shuu, I was in highschool. Yesterday, I just had my final presentation at college. Today I finished my internship. I have to wait for the result, but considering what was told to me yesterday, there is a high chance that from now on, I'm an engineer ;)
I'm sorry for just replying to this now...anyway, congratulations Romain! ^.^ I'm so happy for you my dear! I know you worked hard and you were very dedicated to your schooling and internship. I believe I remember when you first started your internship...that seems like a long time ago. I'm sure the result you get back is perfect (do you know yet?). So again, congrats Mr. Engineer! 8D *big huggle snuggle* <3
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
Merun

Post by Merun »

I think the internship you are referring to is the one I did last year and finished last year. I just had a new one this year, of 4 months.

I don't know the results, but the jury did say something like : "In your future engineer life…", which means usually, success!
Also had a job interview yesterday, did pretty well I guess, especially on the technical part.
Merun @ Twitter
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

It's been awhile since I posted in this thread mostly because I have a good friend I can talk to here about my woes instead, but I am pretty pissed off today so why not?

Well, a year or so ago, some of you know I crashed my car, and finally bought a new one after saving up. Well the engine shot out and died yesterday, and I am off of work for the next two weeks on Doctor orders, but my wife Meg had to go, so I agreed to clean and take care of Mason. So my boss calls me and needs me in for an emergency meeting, so I hop on the city bus at 6 AM with a sick baby bundled up and didn't sleep good the night before so I can take care of him. So when Mason is asleep, I doze off and find out someone got in my bag sitting next to me and stole my laptop, wireless mouse, and phone case, and even my old pair of snake bites. Gross. [I took them out because I don't sleep with them on.] Bus driver says there is nothing he can do, and I'm pretty mad I have to spend my next check on a new computer. The iPhone case isn't a big deal, and I put a new pair of snake bites in my lower lip so they don't close, but that was a really expensive laptop. I have a netbook but it barely runs, I'd say it's better for things like this, but not my job. I work two different jobs and I can't believe I wasn't so aware of my surroundings. Anyway, it's getting cold, stay warm everyone.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

So you see a man with a baby on the bus and what do you do? Oh, I know - let's rob them!
D: how low can you get? I bet whoever took your stuff is most probably a junkie..
is there no way of tracking down your things?
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Merun

Post by Merun »

Busy busy days; yes I now have a job, since last month. Alas, quite tired by the end of the day, so I might get even less active, globally on the Internet.
Merun @ Twitter
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

I am pissed at so many people... For starters, I am pissed at my boyfriend. We were supposed to go on a trip together - me, him and his mother and then it turned out that this trip might not have enough space, so apparently "the trip might be off" , as I found out a few days ago, means without ME! I wasn't going to be so pissed, if he mentioned it the moment it happened, not WEEKS later! He announced to me the other day that there will be space for me now, but I already have no way in getting extra money to pay for my ticket! His mom offered to lend me the money, but I don't want to be neck-deep in loans, who knows when I'll actually be able to return the money with my tiny salary. Also out of anger I don't feel like going with them anymore. Still trying not to show him that I am pissed at him, but it's getting really hard for me.

Then after being so busy being mad at my boyfriend, I forgot that tomorrow is our one year anniversary and I m also invited to a close friend's birthday party. To top it off, they kinda dislike each other, so choosing to spend more time with one of them will result in the other one being upset with me. fml

I also had a convo with Mom about and hour ago and she told me I was being too harsh on him with the whole trip thing... I didn't even tell him a single insulting word or anything. HOW AM I HARSH?! I got upset, since if it was me in HIS place, I would've stayed behind and not go with my family, so I could be with him... Thanks, Mom! I really appreciated this. I really needed to hear what a horrible girlfriend I am, because I am upset over my boyfriend caring more about a trip to a foreign country than about me. Especially since he'll be moving in autumn to study overseas and he is never coming back, so ofc we'll stop dating. I am a horrible human being for want him to stay with me or go places with me.
To top all of this s***, my right hand (which is also my dominant hand) is having an overload and I walk around with it being bandaged. Can't do almost anything right.
Oh, and we're working this Saturday.
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

^reasons why I don't have a normal relationship and plan something months ahead of it happening.

The second paragraph though.... damn.

The third paragraph, I agree with you. How were you harsh? You are not restricting anything or are ignoring him, are you?

And I feel you about weekend working. At least you worked Saturday, not Sunday.
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

funny thing is, in the end, the things that bothered me most somehow worked out...
but in the process of being all stressed out, I caught a cold and spent a whole day outside, feeling sick, 'cuz i had no key to get home..
orz
Crimson_Camelia

Post by Crimson_Camelia »

I need to write it down or else it will slowly devour me. And I can't choose tumblr, because some person who knows this situation follows me and I don't want to risk that she will read it.

In this term, certain girl joined my university group. She actually started the same studies as us, but resigned after 3 terms and now came back again. She didn't attend all classes, because she already finished some of them while her own studying. Not so important now.
She is very, very smart. Actually, she's making money from it - by writing essays and projects for those, who are too lazy and irresponsible (excuse me, but I lowly appreciate this kind of people) to do it on their own. She declared herself to write essays for few people from my year - essays from that type "you won't pass this subject if you don't do it". And now, she has problems because of it.
Two girls, those who had project made by her, didn't pass the subject, because teacher believes this work is based or even simply plagiarized from something found online. My friend claims this is her own, but... I actually have reasons to not believe her about it. She tricked few people before and told me about it point-black. I don't appreciate her ways, but somehow I still like her and it makes me really conflicted, since I consider myself fair person and despite this kind of behaviour.
However, not only my friend is the "bad" one here. I understand those girls were angry at her, but I don't think this is reason to shout at her in the middle of corridor instead of talking with her alone. Not only that they made this into public incident, they also let other, their more pushy friends shout at her in their place, just watching how the thing is accelerating. In the end, they were just standing and listening how those girls call her names and was at the edge of trying to beat her. I'm the worst one, because I didn't do anything to stop that and defend her. I am just too weak and despite myself for that.
Now, I checked facebook and saw that now almost everyone from this other group (ah, I didn't mention it before... those two were from different group than ours) are now calling her names in very vulgar way and agree that they should exclude her from facebook group for our year. I don't want to know how this will evolve in time. I don't even want to know how this already evolved in this time when I was away from facebook.

...Thinking about it, I always attract and befriend people with strong personality, who won't stay back and cause drama, that effects my poor sensitive nerves. I know this is not their fault, but... sometimes I am just tired of it. I'm afraid of people. I'm afraid of people who shout, even if this isn't about me. I am more than likely to end up crying if someone verbally attacks other person and I witness this. This is not fair. I don't want it, I hate it...

Sorry, my rant, especially the last part, sounds really childish. But I am little tired right now and cannot think about better and more subtle words I could put it with.
Hopeful_Encounter

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

I'm sorry you're going through with this right now Camelia. Friend drama is always so frustrating. @_@

Did these two girls from the other group pay your friend to do the project for them? Or did they collaborate with your friend on the project? Sorry I'm just a little confused at this part since I don't know if they had your friend do the project for them or if they actually worked with her to complete the project and are thinking she just copied it from online. I'm guessing the two girls asked your friend to complete the project for them though from what I understand.

I don't understand why these two girls would be so upset. Do they not realize that plagiarism can be easily detected by a teacher? Also there are resources that teachers use to see if works are plagiarized. They should have known from the very beginning that they could have been caught and would have to face the consequences. Honestly, I'm glad they were caught and flunked the course - teach them a lesson. It just boggles my mind though that they would actually get mad at your friend who they asked to create the project for them. No matter if she did the work herself or simply copied it from the internet, it is still plagiarism and they paid her (I'm guessing they paid her) to complete it for them. This whole situation is so immature and then to attack your friend like this because she didn't do a good job on THEIR project. Such lazy, cruel people.

As for your friend, she is learning a lesson from all of this as well. For someone as smart as she is, she should know better than to create dishonesty like this. She is facing the consequences for her actions, as extreme as they might be. She could get into some serious trouble someday with the school if she was caught with her plagiarizing business. She could be kicked out and even banned from school (not to mention other schools as well). Put your smarts to other good uses. I hope she changes her ways.

Camelia, you're not a weak person. Far from it. You have a kind and sensitive heart, which is beautiful! I think sometimes we are afraid to stand up to certain people because we're afraid to be picked on as well. We do want to do something about it, but many times we just don't know where to begin. Perhaps you didn't want to stick up for your friend either because you knew deep down that she probably deserved it? After all, you said so yourself you do not appreciate people who are dishonest. Of course I don't mean that you thought your friend deserved to be called such mean names, but she also needs to learn her lesson. Honestly, how would you defend someone like that? I mean you could get mad at those girls and tell them that they're also at fault because they're the ones who asked for the work to be done for them, and yet your friend agreed to do it...You don't like to see people hurt though, so you do want to stick up for her as well. I know you must be feeling conflicted about these feelings Camelia. I would honestly cry too. I dislike confrontation and I hate hearing/seeing cruelty.

Perhaps you should alert the teachers about this, about the bullying that is going on? Let them handle the situation in some way. I also think you should talk to your friend about all of this Camelia. Let her know how you feel about her and all of this. Also you do need to really think about if you consider this girl your friend or not. Write down the positive things that you do like about her, as well as the negative. Don't beat yourself up over this - you did nothing wrong. Stay strong dear. I hope things will settle down and that these girls will realize that they're adults and that they need to move on from this whole ordeal (and learn not to plagiarize or it will eventually come back and bite you in the butt).

I'm here for you if ever want to talk! ^^
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

Hmm.. this somehow reminds me of the story about that one artist who claimed he worked for various famous studious and sold fake comic stills and everybody loved his work, especially a friend of his, until it came out that he was a fraud and everybody turned around him... And his friend was very disappointed that he got lied to, but never really went to the pitchfork crowd...

I don't know how close you are with the girl that is accused, but if you're even remotely close, letting her know that you're disappointed will probably hurt her more and mean more to her than everything everybody else says about her right now.
I think you should talk to her. Tell her your point of view, tell her that what she did was not ok, especially if she got payed for it... and if she did get money for it, she should best return the money and write an apology.
I also agree with Hopey that the other people are at fault too, since they should have:
  • a) had in mind that such thing might happen and they won't pass
    b) not be lazy and do what is THEIR job on their own!
when we go to a learning facility, we go there to learn... US! Not the girl from the other group/class... us alone! And by having somebody else do our work, we're definitely not making it easy for ourselves; quite the opposite really. By "flunking" like that, those two girls missed out on valuable experience. They should learn from this fail too.
I'm sure your friend is having a hard time right now, but I know this will be a lesson to her as well and she will not be tardy about what she does next time. If you're going to offer your "services", then at least be true about it.
(I can see why she'd plagiarize tho, if she makes money out of this and she has a huge amount of people waiting for their stuff, she can easily succumb to stress and frustration to produce a lot of essays in a small amount of time. Copying other works would probably shorten it down. That is still no excuse and the whole idea of doing somebody else's work for them is maddening to me... best of luck to your friend, she is going through a grow-up thing right now)

Oh, and yes. I too do not think you're a weak person for feeling bad about this or a bad person for not sticking up to your friend. I'd probably react like this too. Caring about other people doesn't make you weak. And letting people learn their lesson and letting them grow does not make you bad, unless of course you let things go way overboard and somebody gets physically or deeply mentally hurt.

*snuggles*
Julia

Post by Julia »

I'm having an awesome day! Work rocked and I got a great start on writing an Assassin's Creed fanfiction. (Now if I can finish it, this will be the first fanfic I ever finish XD)
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

What do you guys do if your mind is telling you "no", but your heart is saying something different? I feel like I am going to implode.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
Julia

Post by Julia »

Aizawa wrote:What do you guys do if your mind is telling you "no", but your heart is saying something different? I feel like I am going to implode.
Ooh, I'd need to have more information. I'm not sure I've ever been in a situation like that, but it sounds tough.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3