How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
Merun

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Merun »

Hm, I suppose this is the only place where I feel like I can post this sort of stuff.

Damn, I have been on Shuu for now 7 years, since high school, to now, working life. In 2 weeks I'm turning 25, a quarter of century. Looking back, the best year I ever had was when I was 19-20. I had the greatest time ever both at college and here on the Internet with shuu. Top student, lots of people to talk, doing fun stuff. It was also the only time I had been intimate with someone.

Then, the following 3 years of engineering were shallow. Not the worst, because that would be for when I was 18 when I failed college. But well, gradually, things happened. People changed, but I don't feel like I have. Some say I'm more mature than my age, then this might be a reason. Or perhaps I have, but in something I don't want. I don't know. Worst is that, I have grown distant. All the people I have met in the last 25 years of my life... outside of family, I haven't kept contact with any of them, except perhaps a very good friend IRL, and still keeping contact somehow with few people on Twitter. It's not something I want, far from it. But my natural talent is keeping people at arm length, by being superficial. I don't remember having a meaningful conversation in the last few years. This post might be the best I have ever done in voicing my personal concern.

I kind of want to change that introverted part of myself, but I lack the courage. I just have a strong facade.

In high school there was a girl who I always found pretty; I never praised her beauty.
The one I ever fell in love; I never said my feeling.
The one who knows the me without shell; I haven't cherished enough our relationship.
T those I want to stay in contact with; I lack the courage to send one message.

In fact, I can't come to term with some of my activity. I like writing, I dislike people knowing about. Same could be said about drawing. Even if it's learning Japanese, I dislike people looking at me, hence why I have a hard time to continue the later 2. I'm so stupid. I guess I consider this to be part of my soft side.

I suppose this post is just my selfish call for help. For now I will stop there before it gets too long.
Merun @ Twitter
Hopeful_Encounter

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

@Merun:

First of all, hi there Romain~ :3

I'm glad you're sharing this about yourself with all of us. Your post right here takes courage, so you're already making a step forward. You shouldn't feel like a coward for not sharing your feelings more, nor should you feel stupid for having worries about what people might think of you (in regards to your writing, drawing, etc.). I think many of us feel the same way. I know I can relate. I often feel nervous about wanting to share personal things with people, especially with some of the thoughts I have. I don't want to be cruelly judged or be rejected. I have had self-confidence issues my whole life. We live in a critical world, so I think it's only natural for us to have reserves.

When you're an introvert, you are comfortable with your own company and don't feel the need to be around people all of the time. Also you need your alone time. However, that doesn't mean introverts don't need social contact (which is something that is often misunderstood about introverts). If you're feeling lonely Romain, you should try to get back into contact with some old friends. I know it can be a bit nerve wrecking to contact someone out of the blue, but I think you will feel a bit better if you do. Just take baby steps - one step at a time. Have you considered joining in any community projects or some type of charity work? That's always a good way to meet some new people.

Also I think most of us tend to move away from some people, particularly friends, as we grow older. As they say, people will come in and out of your life all the time. And with us introverts, I think this is especially true. I know I am one person who tends to have trouble staying in contact with people. I sometimes take two weeks or more to reply to a simple e-mail or message. I feel bad about it and I always say to myself that I want to change, but then I tend to fall back into my old habits. I know my friends are there for me though, so that's all that I really truly need. I'm also the kind of person who can go straight back into a friendship with someone, even if we haven't talked in years. Even with the people who I haven't talked to since high school, I still consider them my friends. I personally feel like once you make that bond with someone, it doesn't ever truly break. So even if a person goes out of your life, that bond is still there (even if it may not apparent).

So Romain, if you truly want to change, you're going to have to get out of your comfort zone. You will have to put yourself out there a bit more. I'm not saying to change yourself, since you're great person just as you are, but you will have to be willing to open up your heart more. Don't overdo it though, just take baby steps. Like I mentioned earlier, get back into contact with some old friends. Send them an e-mail, text message, etc. Also if you feel comfortable with it, ask to meet with them in person to catch up.

And of course, please know you can always message me. I know you and I haven't really talked lately, but I hope you know that I still consider you a close friend of mine. I treasure our late night (well late night for me XD) chats that we used to have! I know with school and work though, you and I got a bit caught up in things. Just know that I'm here for you and if you ever want to talk, please do reach out to me. Send me a message here on Shuu, send me an e-mail, or we can start up a Google chat. Due to school I'm on the computer at random times, so messages or e-mails are the best for me right now. ^^

Sorry for writing so much my friend (I hope I didn't bore you XD). Take a day at a time and do your best! Don't beat up yourself over little things and don't be so critical of yourself. Don't be afraid to be yourself. I know you're kind, creative, intelligent, and sensitive person, so please share those wonderful qualities with people. ^^ Best wishes Romain and take care~ <3 *hugs*
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Friday and I'm finally back home to reply. I had a whole week of vacation with my family and definitely needed a break from work.

Anyhow, hi Meagan!

My post is a reaction to a few recent events, but I decided to spare this topic of it since there is little causality between the reason and the post. It's a first step, I know it, and I already have a second in mind but it's like a leap of faith.

I tend to draw a good line between what is personal and what is not. However the personal line is so thick that no had crossed it in the last few years. I have enough self confidence professionally or among my family. But when it comes to people, emotions and some of my interest, I guess I lack there. You have a very good description of introvert.

Looking back, indeed people are going in and out. I just feel like the balance is biased toward out lately. Also one thing which is really bad for me, is that I don't like to rely on other. Asking for help can be hard to me... In fact, while you know your friend are there for you, I don't think like that.

Still it's fun to see someone else telling me about comfort zone, considering I know the concept and try not to fall into it. I suppose it takes someone else to tell it so as to apply it though.

For now I'm tired so keeping this post short and perhaps lacking in details. Thank you Meagan for replying. I also miss our chats, so I will try and send some messages soon ^^
Merun @ Twitter
Merun

Post by Merun »

I'm shy about my own work as well so I suppose I can't really give you any advice except perhaps, go for it.

In other news, morally I'm better, but 2 days ago I had an accident on my bike. Slippery ground and bam. My right legs is now in a splint :s. Well at least I didn't go to surgery.
Merun @ Twitter
Sara

Post by Sara »

Aww , poor Merun :cry: . It must rushed your whole day .

I had a horrible day . Especailly that half of day I spent in school . I was absent if few days , and we had test from Math in one of those days . It was an unexpected test to see are we learning regulary . Test passed , and absent students was me and one more boy that day . When I felt better , I came at school and my teacher decided to 'surprise' me by giving me a test , because I weren't in school . From shock I trembled and I think my test is all wrong , and the two worst things are :
-She didn't give test to other boy , with some suspicious reasons (if you ask me).
-And if I get a bad mark from Math , my parents won't take me anywhere for winter holiday and I will spent whole holiday by learning :cry: .....

I just had to throw it out ... Makes me feel somewhat better....
Last edited by Sara on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Jeez. .. I had a lot of fun yesterday. 8]

What is your suspicions? About the teacher. .. and boy? Anyway. Was this a sudden thing? Did she give you time to study? Try talking to her and your parents.

Oh. .. never mind. Just read it was sudden. I would explain the situation to your parents. That is just. .. what.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
Sara

Post by Sara »

Aizawa wrote:Jeez. .. I had a lot of fun yesterday. 8]

What is your suspicions? About the teacher. .. and boy? Anyway. Was this a sudden thing? Did she give you time to study? Try talking to her and your parents.

Oh. .. never mind. Just read it was sudden. I would explain the situation to your parents. That is just. .. what.
From the start of school year I've got a feeling teacher dislikes me . She is a female teacher , an old one and has very much experience with students , and I've heard she is also understandable , expect to me . It was out of sudden , because I was absent few days , and I was in contact with my friends from class and they told me that she haven't mentoined anything about giving test to me . Also , boy was absent just on day of the test (suspicious again) and she didn't tell anything to him as well . Well , my results in the end weren't too bad , but it would be better if she gave me time to prepare or at least mentoin something about the case .

I've listened to your advice and explained everything to my parents , they were little disappointed , because they know I have potential (even though I'm not Math person) but I gave them the real reason so in the end they weren't angry at all . Thanks for helping me out , Aizawa !
Sara

Post by Sara »

My day was fine , compare to previous days (previous week especially) . So I can say that I'm in good mood , but I'm busy with school . Tests every single day :twisted: ....
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

I got the biggest news of my life today. Well, one of the biggest. After a very long and rough battle, Leilani and I will be welcoming our newest edition Tuesday night.

We cannot physically have any more children, and we had a rough past trying to have children. But Mason will be a brother Tuesday.

We finally got all the paper work done, and the adoption agency finally let us go through with it. I'm just so happy, I got Leilani's permission and we decided to tell everyone.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
Sara

Post by Sara »

Wow Aizawa , that's great and sad in the same time! The sad fact is that you can't have anymore children, and Mason's birth sure was a blessing to both of you.

I think adoption is a great thing to do , and both of you have my biggest respect. Here, in Dimitrovgrad, there is many(like in every city) unwanted children. I don't believe that most of them ever leave orphanage. But at same time we can't really judge people for not adopting, they have their own problems and adopting would make 'new mouth to feed'. Which is impossible to many families.

Anyway, I wish you all the best in the life :D .
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

I think I'll blow a fucking fuse!
http://www.zerochan.net/forum/2661
^ see this ****?
After I busted my ass looking around for higher res images from Devil Maker, I decided to upload them on Zerochan, just to make sure nobody leaches off of me and the time I spent, trying to get those... so I uploaded a few images on Zerochan and they got deleted "for being low quality"
are you fucking kidding me?
i mean, sure, maybe 1 or 2 can pass for that, seeing as they are under the 600x600 that apparently zerochan wants, but I specifically went ahead and checked to make sure that images under 600px were uploaded before, and they indeed have images with one side smaller than 600 pixels.
But the rest?! This is fucking absurd!
Somehow I have the feeling this person is involved: http://www.zerochan.net/user/Chibiterasu-chan
seeing as they uploaded one of my shuu uploads 4 minutes after me or something, I got it reported for being a duplicate
and suddenly all my uploads get deleted...
dunno if they're a mod or something, cuz i don't see anything noting that on their profile, but some sort of coincidence that is, wow!

also, do note that person seems to regularly reupload images from eshuushuu to zerochan.
i fucking hate that place.
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Sara

Post by Sara »

Unfortunately, same thing happened to me Rabbit-chii. By the same user, which is even worse.
I uploaded this one on zerochan first http://e-shuushuu.net/image/690325/ , and everything seemed fine.
But then she uploaded this http://www.zerochan.net/1805888 , and they said me that mine is with low quality.

orz
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

hah! ofc...
and now two other uploads got marked as ecchi...
and people wonder why everyone tags everything with ecchi...
it's cuz people don't want to get 6hours penalty per upload..
ugh, i wanna burn that place to the ground! >A<

or find who that piece of crap is on shuu, and give them a piece of my mind..
Sara

Post by Sara »

Don't let me talk how annoying their most active moderator is. :twisted:
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

hah, if it's the one i just sent a pm to, then fml :lol: