The drawing topic!

Talk about images!
RockRabbit

Re: The drawing topic!

Post by RockRabbit »

Aside from telling you to keep a handy-dandy proportions sheet nearby and then just practicing by sketching a lot of poses, I'm not sure I can suggest much in terms of working on anatomy. I'm still having issues with it myself, but a lot of times it's just me not even caring enough to try and keep the anatomy proper :lol:
I do understand your feeling of being unhappy with your art, however. I was visiting these little workshops called manga academy that are mostly to help local artists in their pursuit to better comic making, but we have a lot of practice on all kinds of stuff, including more realistic things and drawing with a model and since then I've been pretty down about my art, after hearing that my "realistic stuff are better/more interesting", since it's not the thing I wanna do. I mean, I'd like to have it as a skill, for diversity reasons, but it's far from what I like drawing and what I want to draw. Cute anime-ish things make me happy and being told they're not interesting enough is probably the reason why I stay away from art the last few months... It was a harder hit than what I'd expect.
I think, though, to be happy with your art you should remember who you're doing it for. And that somebody should always be you on the top spot.
If you're having more fun drawing realism - why not work on that? It can actually help you tons on drawing anime-styled things as well, it's been told to me by any teacher ever - if you wanna stylize, master the basics first (realism/anatomy in this case) and then build from there. And yeah, anything I've learned for art overall and anatomy and stuff I've managed to incorporate into my own style etc.
So if you like drawing realism - draw realism. You wanna draw anime - sit down and draw anime, no matter how unhappy you might be with the result at the time. I am prone to buying a shitton of sketchbooks, drawing at random in a lot of them, forgetting what was ever in there and then going back and looking at them with admiration over my ideas or the drawing itself while I remember actually hating it before for not "being good enough", whatever that was supposed to mean to me at the time of drawing.
If you're down in a ditch like I am atm, try doing art challenges / themed challenges. Those always seem to work for me! :P

to not stray too much from posting art, here's some stuff from my 100 day art challenge at gaia (yeah, yeah, i know...) that I never actually finished, but I got way further than I ever expected, so that's a victory on its own

a little pixel Ahiru that I eyeballed from a screenshot; i believe the theme was "duck"

theme was quote and I picked my favourite one from The Path
not sure how readable my "cursive" handwriting is

Zu from a palette challenge that I really love

actually a freebie I did and not something from the challenge
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Cute drawings. Your handwriting is pretty.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
Leilani

Post by Leilani »

TY all. I'll try art again when I'm ready and yeah your art is soooo cute rockrabbit ^^
ImageImage
Sinamuna

Post by Sinamuna »

Can we advertise art commissions and stuff here too? ;u;
"When I met you, flowers started growing in the darkest parts of my heart."
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

I suppose, but do keep in mind you can share your art here, too. We don't really want to flood the forums with commission advertisement, y'know?

On another note, we have so many talented users here. My mind gets blown every time I come here. It really inspires me to try writing again, too.
nardack2009

Post by nardack2009 »

Haku thanks alot for that yukari drawing it's so cute, I appreciate it.

Leil-Chii → *retweets Aizawa-kun's post* :)

And Rabbit your drawings are great as always!!

Well, as for me...
Some sketches... xb

Hope you like 'em guys!

Having fun with the scissors...

Miku-chi

Post by Miku-chi »

So... umm...here's the Chuuchuu I made senpai ><
View Down From That Pretty Sky, Is A Twisted World In Chaos
Crimson_Camelia

Post by Crimson_Camelia »

For some reason that "I need help" reminded me of this :wink:

Good job with that e-chuuchuu, Junii~
Miku-chi

Post by Miku-chi »

Thank You Very Much *○*)

Your character wasn't defined much so I wanted to make a chuu defining Your character...and "I need help! I mean healing....I mean help" (that annoying user in need of help represents me xD)
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Oooo, I thought you drew it when you messaged me. Well this was fun, one day I'll win Biba over and my senpai will notice me. ;* Thanks, Miku. Glad to see people are still interested in some good 'ole chuus.
Miku-chi

Post by Miku-chi »

Thank You Senpai ^^
And I didn't draw it
I did redraw some stuff on Pics I collected but that counts as editing ^^

Though fhant senpai was drawn by me (Yep totally original and no reference used at all LOL)
I'm Glad you liked it
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

There's a legend told by time. Many have heard of them, yet few have seen them. All they saw in his wake was a bill with at least eight 0's. That's a lot of money. .. honey. Where will art guy go? I can't tell you that. Some say he haunts our very presence on discord. But you can never truly be sure. Tonight, for Halloween, we decided to celebrate in his honor.

. .. This was discord fun. But all fun aside, I can confirm Valea and Womb Burrito are actually pretty good artists.
Valea

Post by Valea »

I drew this one too, this time it's shounen-ai & Biba.

Credit goes to MS paint.

EDIT: I drew these with a mouse. I want a tablet soon.
Attachments
postpng.png
postpng.png (32.33 KiB) Viewed 37529 times
2.png
2.png (35.54 KiB) Viewed 37530 times
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Last night was fun. I had fun. Don't worry, fam. You're actually a pretty good artist. I heard Bamboos are good to start with, but I also actually don't draw so I'm not sure.
Sara

Post by Sara »

Both Aizawa and Valea got the talent.
Also, no one commented on this for some reason, but those sketches are very nice, nardack!