The Pokémon thread.

Console, PC, MMO games
Aizawa

The Pokémon thread.

Post by Aizawa »

• Hello, trainers.
Keep in mind that this is a gaming thread, so talk for the actual games should be the priority.
This IS the gaming forum, after all.
However, non-game news and discussion such as information for the TCG [which I don't play, lolol], the manga series', anime, characters, ect. isn't discouraged, either.
Leaving comments on the board is always flattering, but at the end of the day e-shuushuu is not a Pokemon website. Let's try to be a bit more mindful for other commenters by coming here for in-depth discussion.

• Board rules apply to the forums; be civil, be appropriate and SFW, respect each other, ect.
Pokemon can be a very competitive game, after all.

• Do NOT demand users reply to your thoughts or use this thread.
Talk on the general board is A-okay, but if you want to talk more in-depth about the series, use this thread. Commenting on every single Pokemon image can be spared and those who don't play or like the franchise will have their comment section cluttered. Think of this thread as our containment unit when we feel we want to spurge.

• You are free to drop your friend code, but do not ask for others'. They will give them out when they want to or if they want to.
Users deserve their privacy.

I'm not expecting this to be very active, but due to recent events.. ahem, I felt like having a thread wouldn't hurt, either. And if anything, I can update with news. I know we have a lot of players on the board. I see y'all. But don't worry; no one is obligated to use this.

NEWS:
Here are the current news we know of for 2019:
  • A main-line game will be coming out in 2019.
No information on this game is currently available other than it's a new region and not a remake. RIP Sinnoh fans. Confirmation of new Pokemon exists. Satoshi says it will have a very 'Breath of the Wild' feel to it.
  • Three Pokemon movies are coming out this year.
A follow-up Mew-two movie, the Detective Pikachu movie, and a live action movie for the Red & Green games was confirmed.
  • Pokespe will now be able to be purchased digitally through Viz. Speaking of which, pokespe has hit the USUM arc in Japan. ':3''s in Sun.
Right now, only the RBGY-GSC arcs are available.

• Pokemon GO! settles several lawsuits, more Pokemon are added, GO community day is coming.
Can't play GO, sorry. I can't elaborate too much more. People gotta play safely.
  • Ethan & Lyra Kotobukiya figures are now available to purchase. Leaf is up for pre-order. Professor Oak with Bulbasaur has been announced over the weekend.
    For almost three years now, Kotobukiya has been collaborating with TPC for statue figures for the game characters.

Speculations -things Gamefreak has said, I mean:
    • TPC says a Let's Go! Johto game may or may not be in the works.

Anyways, there's your thread starter. Sorry it's long, but I wanted to make sure it was run down well.

You guys can thank Fawn for the fancy thread starter -she found the neat images.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
Valea

Re: The Pokémon thread.

Post by Valea »

So I wanna see a ghost Eevee.
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

So, I'll start this off.
𝒜𝐼𝒵𝒜𝒲𝒜'𝒮 𝒯𝐻𝒪𝒰𝒢𝐻𝒯𝒮.

There isn't a lot for me right now. I don't really keep up with the anime, and with nothing other than 'new game coming', it's hard to have an impression or idea. I'd like another owl starter, though. I hate grass usually, but owls have always been my favorite animal so when I saw Rowlet in SM, I just knew it was meant to be. I also love archery, so it's final form is amazing. Anyways.
Speaking of which, I appreciate SM/USUM trying to bring a different formula in the series, but I'd really, really like the gyms back. I was fairly disappointed with those titles game-play wise, so I hope this new main-line game makes up for it. I think one reason I love HGSS so much is because it's just a chill, laid-back game that makes you really feel as if you're on a journey. US/USUM was complete chaos, but it has memorable moments and characters.

I'm a little concerned about Red&Green having a live action movie, just because of how poorly Hollywood handles Japanese live actions. Not in a way to sensationalize Japan, but in other ways.

Sadly, I fell behind on pokespe. But the SM/USUM arc is VERY enjoyable so far. I felt like Sun was a wanna-be Gold for awhile but now I realize just how different they are and I really like his character. And at least he's not a pervert. XD

I didn't dislike Let's Go but I'm not overly impressed, either. But if they do the Johto version, please..
Just bring them back... I'll even settle of the GSC designs if I must..

EDIT: >:[[[[[[[[ Lol Valea beat me. I want to see that too, mayne... I feel like some of the fan designs look better than the official result.

EDIT EDIT: SILVER IS THE MASCOT OF THIS THREAD.
Fawn

Post by Fawn »

i want to make my next team this super aesthetic coded team , lol. i tried that in sm with wigglytuff , alolan ninetails, popplio's final evolution (www),. i was lookin' PRETTY. sm was one of my faves , sorry you didnt enjoy it as much but maybe the next one will be better ! Image

also no way , green is the better rival and character. ikemeeeeeeeeeen! <3 Image
that's a king on his throne. xD

im excited for detective pikachu!!!!!!!
Valea

Post by Valea »

I recently beat Let's Go Eevee. I liked it! I hope they keep this gameplay style up for the next few games.
I liked the candy thing too, I made a super fast Slowpoke lol.
Fawn

Post by Fawn »

we will settle the score , hohoho. >:3
https://www.strawpoll.me/17443652
bonus
https://www.strawpoll.me/17443667 < thats just a joke , no worried frands

slowpoke is so cute. did you see a place in japan made it their mayor for a day for aprils foolsday? xDDD they were selling slowpoke merch and everything it was wildin.
Valea

Post by Valea »

Fawn wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:34 pmslowpoke is so cute. did you see a place in japan made it their mayor for a day for aprils foolsday? xDDD they were selling slowpoke merch and everything it was wildin.
WHAT? I didn't know that! I have 1 slowpoke plushie and a keychain but I want more merch
Attachments
fhant &amp; slowpoke
fhant & slowpoke
71609577_p0_master1200.jpg (215.59 KiB) Viewed 32067 times
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

So I already don't like the starters. I really hope they'll grow on me. The boy protagonist looks like a b0r1ng dude, the girl is kinda cute, though. It's supposed to be you and you can customize anyways. Wonder what they'll be like in the manga.
Valea

Post by Valea »

The new protags are boring looking. No thigh highs for Aizawa. :(
The starters...they're ok? I kinda like fire bunny
Fawn

Post by Fawn »

My top results were Green , then N, then grimsley.
https://pokemoncharsorter-m.tumblr.com/

go crazy! x3 i couldnt find one for the girls.
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Battle of the favorites. XDDDD I remember doing this for RWBY. I just did the main-line games, too. I already knew who my top was going to be, the ones after that were cool. I feel like liking N is a right of passage for Pokemon fans. I was kind of surprised to see Ethan didn't make my top 5, though. Had a lot of fun with Biba doing this. If you find a girl one, please post it.
Lololol 45 lurkers

Btw, pokespe B2W2 is finally off of it's 45678765 hiatus and the raws have been released today. Remember: Lack-two is always right... apparently.
Attachments
raaaaaaaaaa.png
raaaaaaaaaa.png (85.61 KiB) Viewed 31979 times
Fawn

Post by Fawn »

i knew silver was going to be number one but seeing lance on your list and not than surprised me too. xDDD
welp, here's the girl one
https://pokemoncharsorter-f.tumblr.com/

my top five were dawn , lillie , serena , cynthia , and hilda.
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

YAAAAAAAAAA boi.

And here's mine. Biba and I were once again doing this together, and she got Lyra vs Kris. We were like, 'Uh, awkward'. Lol.

EDIT: I don't know how I managed to crop the screenshot so badly. I'll blame it on the super large canvas in PS. <<; But that is 'Leaf' and number 5 was trial captain Mina. Kinda weird how all these SM characters are showing up for me since I didn't enjoy it as much.
Attachments
RAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
RAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (107.32 KiB) Viewed 31893 times
winnerwinnerchickendinner.png
winnerwinnerchickendinner.png (64.13 KiB) Viewed 31893 times
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

It's been eight hours. I'm still shook. I still can't breathe.
Good Lord I prefer his Generations look though.

But I won't complain. Silver stans, we have won once more.
Fawn

Post by Fawn »

welp i got to give you credit. you memed and joked and hyped and it paid off. i guess they realized giovannis son was important after all. the art looks like your typical shounen art.
i want serena and cynthia.

since aizawa died , can i have his mod title? :3c i could be the hot over lord.
bls i'm kidding btw